Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe that God doesn’t have a sense of humor, especially, when reading that the Philistines where given hemorrhoids.

1 Samuel 5:9

And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction:
and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods (hemorrhoids) in their secret parts.

There is particular irony to that which was experienced by the Philistines,
contrary to what might have been expected.

"When others attitudes, actions, or words are a pain in the posterior of those around them; they usually get what is given in return."

Galatians 6:7

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."

Hope you can sit comfortably with this in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I cannot believe that God doesn’t have a sense of humor, especially, when reading that the Philistines where given hemorrhoids.

And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction:
and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods (hemorrhoids) in their secret parts.

There is particular irony to that which was experienced by the Philistines,
contrary to what might have been expected.

"When others attitudes, actions, or words are a pain in the posterior of those around them; they usually get what is given in return."

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."

What you give is what you will get in return? You mean to say we reap what we have sown?

Thats an intersting idea, did you come up with it yourself?

Doh! One who winks stinks, right?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...the more you say the more you prove the point of my OP...and you just can't see it. Trying to get a laugh...? I'm sorry, but this truly is too sad to be a laughing matter...I'm not laughing...God's not laughing either. You think His Word is BS...well...do you think He approves of your opinion of His Word? I'm not surprised though, that you think that...it's just beginning to manifest itself more profoundly now.
I think your opinion about what "his word" is actually is trying to communicate is BS, yes ...

Its just that some people don't realize when they make themselves out to be the proverbial butt of the divine comedy ...

As long as you continue to believe that you have earned Gods grace or that you deserve his affection, well then more power to you ... Just don't expect a thinking person to necessarily take you seriously.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...the more you say the more you prove the point of my OP...and you just can't see it. Trying to get a laugh...? I'm sorry, but this truly is too sad to be a laughing matter...I'm not laughing...God's not laughing either. You think His Word is BS...well...do you think He approves of your opinion of His Word? I'm not surprised though, that you think that...it's just beginning to manifest itself more profoundly now.
Okay, concerning the OP, and the proclamation of the difference between "us and them" or "me and you" ... "God only knows its not what we would choose to do" if we only knew ... that we are all one and the same together in the end - "in Christ" ... "Father forgive them they do not know what they are doing".

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Us And Them

Here is something most primitive minds cannot comprehend, much less accept to be true ... There is no such thing as space in time absolutely. There is only one moment and all things are together in the same true space at the same exact time. Cosmic difference itself is an illusion, only the dancing shadows on the wall.

There is only one true being, the light that shines behind it all, and we all live and move and are ultimately one together within his(her) being. He(she/they) and we all amount to the same in the end, God all and in all.

Everything you think is true now is just a part of the truth, even as certain voices in heaven shout like the claps of thunder those things which are otherwise unlawful to say in this world. We now know only in part, and see only as in a darkened glass(a mirror where everything is reversed and only half true, as a mirror cannot portray what is beyond its angle of reflection), but then we will see as face to face, and we will know even as we are now known.

The division we know now is not "the truth" ... Good and evil is not "the truth" ... But Christ is "the truth", and in Christ there is no division. That is not to say that there is evil in Christ ... That is to say that in Christ evil is done away, and only what is good remains. "Us and them" and "me and you" will disappear, and only "we" will remain.

Two become one and the same ... One together.

Yes, it is only natural to resist, but in the end resistance is otherwise futile, as no person can resist the will of God, though so many believe that they can.

Hows that for being abstract? Wrap you brain around this one ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-12-2011 at 02:27 AM..

Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
To sum up this thread:

Verna POV: the TRUTH.

Everyone else's POV: an opinion. (and a wrong one, too)

"Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned."
"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged."
"Blessed are the merciful-- for they shall obtain mercy." -Jesus

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-12-2011, 03:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
"Nice has left the building" .........

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-12-2011 at 03:46 AM..

Old 04-12-2011, 05:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Okay, concerning the OP, and the proclamation of the difference between "us and them" or "me and you" ... "God only knows its not what we would choose to do" if we only knew ... that we are all one and the same together in the end - "in Christ" ... "Father forgive them they do not know what they are doing".

Here is something most primitive minds cannot comprehend, much less accept to be true ... There is no such thing as space in time absolutely. There is only one moment and all things are together in the same true space at the same exact time. Cosmic difference itself is an illusion, only the dancing shadows on the wall.

There is only one true being, the light that shines behind it all, and we all live and move and are ultimately one together within his(her) being. He(she/they) and we all amount to the same in the end, God all and in all.

Everything you think is true now is just a part of the truth, even as certain voices in heaven shout like the claps of thunder those things which are otherwise unlawful to say in this world. We now know only in part, and see only as in a darkened glass(a mirror where everything is reversed and only half true, as a mirror cannot portray what is beyond its angle of reflection), but then we will see as face to face, and we will know even as we are now known.

The division we know now is not "the truth" ... Good and evil is not "the truth" ... But Christ is "the truth", and in Christ there is no division. That is not to say that there is evil in Christ ... That is to say that in Christ evil is done away, and only what is good remains. "Us and them" and "me and you" will disappear, and only "we" will remain.

Two become one and the same ... One together.

Yes, it is only natural to resist, but in the end resistance is otherwise futile, as no person can resist the will of God, though so many believe that they can.

Hows that for being abstract? Wrap you brain around this one ...
I agree 100% Ironmaw.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:55 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

There is particular irony to that which was experienced by the Philistines, contrary to what might have been expected.

...and another...

Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree 100% Ironmaw.

Me too.
That was an excellent post, Ironmaw.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
The line between good and evil becomes clearer every day.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. (Matthew 12:35).

The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of judgment. (Proverbs 10:21).

Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. (Matthew 7:17).

What is good?...living in and teaching God's truth...

He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old." (Matthew 13:52).

What is evil?...anything that goes against God's truth, lives in sin, and teaches other's that it's o.k. to do do as well, they do not know God, nor does God know them either...if you do not do what is good and righteous, you are NOT a child of God, but a child of the devil...

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. (3 John 3:11).

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. (1 John 3:10).

You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. (Matthew 12:34).

In His truth,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity