Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM

130 posts, read 164,464 times

Advertisements

We all have a choice to accept Him, no one was ordained to hell, though we were predetermined, difficult subject, people have to choose Him when He calls and moves in their mind and thoughts. God holds people accountable, Jesus is Holy for He is God and sinless. His love there is no end, but few get it for ever. dealing with His justice is hard for most. People do not face that Jesus is the God of eternal damnation. It is hard to live with a firm hold of it, but it is what drives us to preach repentance and try and keep people from the sinful life they live. Given He as God paid for all the sin, He loves like no one else, given very few see heaven proves He is just and won't let a sinner there.

It takes repentance in a way few understand, not words without a pure heart and motives, It takes complete surrender that we were sinners and won't be any more. I takes hard work, knowing the Word and living it today, and it takes disire few know about for they don't see that He is Holy and asks the same of us. Totally forgiving He is, but He has His rules and doesn't bend them for us, we just can't live breaking them and go to heaven, cross the line at times He will alow, but it is a rough life if you think crossing it is ok and the way it is all the time. Christians are not sinners nor live, we are the righteous all through the Bible and we like who we are, unless we sin. As David did, but He did not live there. Peoples problems today are mostly a punishment for the sinful lives they live. The sin they do they don't even think is sin any more. Some do get hurt of living Godly lives, but God promises to protect His own, but I am careful to say Job had his tago with the devil and it was because he was good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
When it says our righteousness is as filthy rags, it is compared to God's, this is all it is saying, God is not putting us down. We have taken this as a licence to talk about others as though they were a worm.It's our old way of thinking that is unrighteous and likened unto a filthy rag, the eye for an eye thinking,the hating your enemies thinking,the resisting of evil thinking. There is absolutely no way a man can have confidence before God seeing himself as a worm.The the very hairs of your head ar numbered, believe me you ain't no low down miserable sinning worm. God loves us, the real you and me, the one behind all the messed up thinking.

What about all the writings in Psalms and Proverbs where it speaks well of righteous men.

Here's one of a abundance of scripture that refers to the righteous.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.Proverbs 18:10

Looking at ourselves as a worm is false humility, it's trampling under feet what God has done for us and what he's created us in Christ.We generally judge others how we judge ourselves and see ourselves. See yourself loved of God, we will see others in the same light too.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-14-2011 at 03:35 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What many do not understand is that God is showing just how merciful He is by all still living. By all rights God should annialate us all and start from scratch, which He has considered several time but He chose mercy for them who sought Him. No one is righteous save for God the Father, not even Jesus. Yes I said Jesus now dont get me wrong Jesus was without sin but He was subject to the physical world and the things in this world that can make one unclean physically. He had to bath and use ointments for the decay smell of the physical body, He had to use the bathroom, eat, sleep all things the cursed physical world was forced to do because of the effects of sin on the world. Now this was the physical Jesus yet the spiritual Jesus was righteous, even for all the sin He subjected Himself to daily. Could you imagine walking through a tomb of newly dead bodies, one two or three days old, possibly a week or two. The smell is aweful. Now imagine the smell of this world, death and decay everywhere, we stink of death and decay no matter how much perfume we wear we still stink, but the Lord is merciful. He sent His son to redeem this world before the consuming fires destroyed all and all is done by God and all we have to do is say yes or no. Bed thing about it is that too many are saying no while holding onto theories that tickle their ears. God has shown us mercy over and over again. He has warned us of the end and we still play games and we will suffer for our childishness. Come to Christ and ignore other gospels that are just stumblingblock to your walk with the Lord. You have to keep walking or you are not His and He will reject you.
It's true that many people stink. Try riding the subway in Milan in the summer!

Well, in order to understand God's mercy, we need to understand His anger.
What happened in Eden? Adam disobeyed.
What was God's reaction? To expel Adam from the garden, and to curse Adam, Eve, and the earth.

Now if this were a normal story, then God would not punish ALL MANKIND for Adam's sin. What society is there, that punishes the entire city for the crime of one man??
That would be unjust.

Now Christians like to prance around talking about God's Justice. "God is Just. God is Just." -As if they had the mind of Christ!

But the Truth is, that they do not understand God's Justice any more that anyone else.
BUT, the scriptures tell us that God's Mercy rejoices against Judgment.

God is not going to judge us, because He has already judged His Son in our place! What He is going to judge, is our WORKS.

What God requires now, is that we WALK in His Spirit which is FREE for ALL. If we don't, we reap darkness and death.

The Cross of Calvary is the Message of God's Eternal Love for ALL mankind. HE was the One who was rejected. Although Adam was sent out of the Garden, Jesus has opened it up again!

When will we rejoice in what God has done for us??

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Robin69, I agree with some of what you said but Jesus is indeed righteous. But the rest of your comments I agree with.

God bless you Robin69.
Yes He is, but He voluntarily subjected Himself to the uncleanliness of this world. I know that the power that protected Him kept Him clean so I was basically using a Muslim arguement to seperate His Spirit and His physical body. I guess I didnt do so well with that one.

Thank you for the support.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Robin it sounds like you were just thinking out loud. I do that quite often.We may all be as filthy rags but we don't stink,No pun intended but go without deoderant or perfume for a little while, use unscented shampoo and soup. God loves us for who we are and you're painting a portrait of Him that just isn't accurate.Not really painting a portraite of Him, rather more like us. Jesus does not reject us, we reject Him.True, and that is part of my point. It's not about us choosing, He does the choosing and until we are chosen there is nothing that anyone can do. I take that back, we can talk about the love of Christ and what He did for all of us on the cross. But remember, He did it for ALL of us, not just some who think they have made the right choice. Because the choice is up to Him as to who will be saved in this lifetime.
But He, God/Jesus offers all the choice as a free gift but like pig we prefer to wallow in sin.

Thank you Illene.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When it says our righteousness is as filthy rags, it is compared to God's, this is all it is saying, God is not putting us down. We have taken this as a licence to talk about others as though they were a worm.It's our old way of thinking that is unrighteous and likened unto a filthy rag, the eye for an eye thinking,the hating your enemies thinking,the resisting of evil thinking. There is absolutely no way a man can have confidence before God seeing himself as a worm.The the very hairs of your head ar numbered, believe me you ain't no low down miserable sinning worm. God loves us, the real you and me, the one behind all the messed up thinking.

What about all the writings in Psalms and Proverbs where it speaks well of righteous men.

Here's one of a abundance of scripture that refers to the righteous.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.Proverbs 18:10

Looking at ourselves as a worm is false humility, it's trampling under feet what God has done for us and what he's created us in Christ.We generally judge others how we judge ourselves and see ourselves. See yourself loved of God, we will see others in the same light too.
Did I mention a worm in the OP? I guess I need to go back and look.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It's true that many people stink. Try riding the subway in Milan in the summer!

Well, in order to understand God's mercy, we need to understand His anger.
What happened in Eden? Adam disobeyed.
What was God's reaction? To expel Adam from the garden, and to curse Adam, Eve, and the earth.

Now if this were a normal story, then God would not punish ALL MANKIND for Adam's sin. What society is there, that punishes the entire city for the crime of one man??
That would be unjust.

Now Christians like to prance around talking about God's Justice. "God is Just. God is Just." -As if they had the mind of Christ!

But the Truth is, that they do not understand God's Justice any more that anyone else.
BUT, the scriptures tell us that God's Mercy rejoices against Judgment.

God is not going to judge us, because He has already judged His Son in our place! What He is going to judge, is our WORKS.

What God requires now, is that we WALK in His Spirit which is FREE for ALL. If we don't, we reap darkness and death.

The Cross of Calvary is the Message of God's Eternal Love for ALL mankind. HE was the One who was rejected. Although Adam was sent out of the Garden, Jesus has opened it up again!

When will we rejoice in what God has done for us??

Blessings,
brian
Right on message, what else can I say?

Thank you Brian.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
But He, God/Jesus offers all the choice as a free gift but like pig we prefer to wallow in sin.
But what is "sin" as you define it. Not buying into the fantasy?

But that would mean that you are judging others, isn't that considered a sin, so I guess you are right.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Did I mention a worm in the OP? I guess I need to go back and look.
Well Robin you couldn't talk yourself and mankind down any lower than what you did in the OP.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But what is "sin" as you define it. Not buying into the fantasy?

But that would mean that you are judging others, isn't that considered a sin, so I guess you are right.
Read the Bible front to back the answer to both of your subjects is in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity