U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 AM

351 posts, read 283,050 times

Advertisements

Does God love Satan?

Are we supposed to love Satan ?

Satan is our enemy but we are to love our enemies, so do we have to love Satan?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-12-2011 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 AM

957 posts, read 715,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Does God love Satin?

Are we supposed to love Satin ?

Satin is our enemy but we are to love our enemies, so do we have to love Satin?
I think everyone loves satin, esp. satin sheets, not too sure about satan though.

If you do figure out who/what satan is, let me know. I think he might be like God's beta tester. He was created evil , a murderer from the beginning for the sole purpose to harass us to see how we react.

When the need for a tester is no longer needed, satan will be no more. If he is person, he sheds his evil and worships God, if he is not a person, he no longer exists. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Moderator cut: deleteIf you do figure out who/what satan is, let me know. I think he might be like God's beta tester. He was created evil , a murderer from the beginning for the sole purpose to harass us to see how we react.

When the need for a tester is no longer needed, satan will be no more. If he is person, he sheds his evil and worships God, if he is not a person, he no longer exists. Thats my 2 cents.
VERY good point Zero 7.
I've seen lately even among governments (thinking about the immigrant crisis here in Italy right now), that if leaders would have a spirit of listening, understanding, empathy, caring, then satan would not get a foothold.

But as often happens, pride and selfish interests arise, and thus countries begin to argue. And if things get too out of hand.. war can eventually start.

So I agree; satan knows how to stir our emotions and how to stir the pot..

Blessings!
brian

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-12-2011 at 09:49 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM

30,135 posts, read 19,958,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Does God love Satin?

Are we supposed to love Satan ?

Satan is our enemy but we are to love our enemies, so do we have to love Satan?
Well as far as i am concerned my old man is satan, my new man is Christ.

So i do not hold it against anyone what they/we are in the flesh, which enables me to love them as they are.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-12-2011 at 09:49 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM

957 posts, read 715,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well as far as i am concerned my old man is satan, my new man is Christ.

So i do not hold it against anyone what they/we are in the flesh, which enables me to love them as they are.
Good point pcamps, that very well could be the case. You'd have to explain who or what the entity was that tempted Eve though.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 AM

30,135 posts, read 19,958,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Good point pcamps, that very well could be the case. You'd have to explain who or what the entity was that tempted Eve though.
I'm not sure if this is correct in regards to the entity that tempted Adam and Eve, but our thoughts are things.

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13:15

Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 AM

60 posts, read 145,760 times
Well he was an angel, and when he was cast out he returned with more power than any angel than I have ever read about, so sounds like a mixed blessing, cast out and return more powerful and with greater influence. Kinda like don King, smile.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:03 PM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
No For the Lord said to me once `` There is No mercy for all dark spirits `` so if you identify one and every one spirit then Believer are called to rebuke them in Jesus name , or bind them up in Jesus name and caste them down to the pit in Jesus name ......... For believer can reject these pest with no ought sin will come to us , unless the ought is extreme and believers may need to rebuke the extreme manipulation dark spirits ........

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,063 times
This thread topic is very CLOSE to a question I thought about posing on here recently. What I wanted to ask is whether people believe that Satan has supernatural power, such as knowing people's thoughts, being able to make bad stuff happen kind of "magically". I don't believe in that sort of being, as if he/Satan is God's close rival. But I think a lot of folks do attribute such power to "Satan". For me, Satan is not a 'personal being' but simply means 'adversary'. I would say I agree that the adversary is "the carnal man" who cannot receive the things that are of God, the one who is opposed to God which is the fallen Adam-ic nature within each person. I'm not CERTAIN about these things. Perhaps I'm wrong and Satan is a more powerful being than I believe him to be.

Any thoughts?

Heartsong

Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 AM

17,665 posts, read 8,860,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
For me, Satan is not a 'personal being' but simply means 'adversary'. I would say I agree that the adversary is "the carnal man" who cannot receive the things that are of God, the one who is opposed to God which is the fallen Adam-ic nature within each person. I'm not CERTAIN about these things. Perhaps I'm wrong and Satan is a more powerful being than I believe him to be.

Any thoughts?
The Psychology of Satan within Religion, including, the fears of Eternal punishment have clouded the soul. But within every clouded soul there is a silver lining.
Satan or a devil, are merely principles that result in active resistance or contentiousness through an unrighteous disposition of false accusations or opposition.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is of this world.

Romans 13:14
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.

Thought provoking, is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or