Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,072,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And I thought you did not believe in asking for it..... Are you saying now it is convenient to believe otherwise? But then again, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I am saying Jesus instructed one believer to judge/instruct another believer with the goal of helping them get back on the narrow path. You are confusing two unrelated topics.

The Bible even instructs believers to go as far as to expelling a brother/sister from the church if their instruction was not enough to bring the person to repentance. It is done with love and with the purpose of helping.

You do not have to agree with it. If you don't want to receive help, or to give it, then don't. I urge you to study this topic though because it seems you have not understood it.

No confusion Finn.I am seeing double standards,that man can impose help upon a man without the man's request, but God cannot do the same.

Yes i know you said believer. God is not a respecter of person.

Judgement begins and ends with us.

Paul said "And you are proud!" 1 Cor 5:2 . If you read Corinthians it's apparent that the Corinth Church had a number of issues. If it hadn't that kind of behavior would not have occured.In otherwords we bring judgement upon ourselves, we bring what's going on in our world ourselves.The Corinth church as a whole were in no position to judge. This is why the Church is rejected today, not only by the world, but all who are leaving the churches in their droves, they are sick to the back teeth of being judged by those do not judge themselves(the hypocrits with beams in their eyes). They will come back when we have removed the beam from our eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
And I thought you did not believe in asking for it..... Are you saying now it is convenient to believe otherwise? But then again, one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Did i say anything to the contrary ?.

For the record.I do believe in asking seeking and finding all by the desire God places in our hearts.

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I. Isaiah 65:1

Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM

63,448 posts, read 39,695,513 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should read the Bible quotes earlier in the thread. Maybe they will help you understand the issue. With your current understanding every post you make here is self-righteous imposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is that reading comprehension problem again, Finn . . . It is YOUR views that are self-righteous imposition . . . helping people who do not ask for nor consent to receiving your "help."
Quote:
This post is another example of the kind of judgment we should NOT participate in. It is given in wrong spirit.
I agree your judgment in the bold above is definitely in the wrong spirit, Finn. But mine is simply reiterating the obvious . . . that "help" not asked for or consented to is NOT "help," period.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM

76,922 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Judgement begins and ends with us.
If you see it as a purely negative thing, then it is better if you refrain from using it.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:16 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,991,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Judgment is never loving, trettep . . . No one feels loved by being judged. They just feel judged. Explain your understanding of the "Good or Evil" issue in question . . . but NOT your evaluation of them.
Righteous Judgement is always a demonstration of love.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Judgement should begin and remain with the house of God(which we are)until we learn to judge righteously .When we point our brother to the solution rather than his fault(which by the way most us usually know our own faults anyway, unless we are hypocrit's that is) then we have learned to judge righteously......Behold the Lamb of God.
To me there's nothing more odd as a blind man trying to judge is brother by pointing out there's something in his eye, at the very least you would think the reverse would make sense. You are exactly right Mystic, Jesus was using a figure of speech,and pointing out the absurdity of judging another. When our eye is single we see God not the fault in our brother.

The fact we are beholding the fault in our brother tells us that our light is actually darkness.

When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you.”Luke 11

Do you see that ,See to it then, that the light within you not your brother is not darkness.When we are being all that we want our brother to be, we are a light to that brother.
A brother will never seek correction if he is never determined to be at fault.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
A brother will never seek correction if he is never determined to be at fault.
Yes when we have a beam in our own eye, this is the case.Everybody else is at fault bar me is thought of those with a beam in their eye.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes when we have a beam in our own eye, this is the case.Everybody else is at fault bar me is thought of those with a beam in their eye.
Your stuck on the beam in your eye part. You gotta realize that once that beam is removed your RESPONSIBILITY is to JUDGE others.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM

1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Anyone that has Christ can judge me all day long for I want His love. So all of you without that beam in your eye, judge me all day long.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
If you see it as a purely negative thing, then it is better if you refrain from using it.

A man who knows himself wisely refrains from it,he trusts that God is able to turn a brothers fault(a mote in his eye) around by being(this is the way,walk ye in it)what he wants the brother to be(this is righteous judgement),he's no fault finder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity