Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Your stuck on the beam in your eye part. You gotta realize that once that beam is removed your RESPONSIBILITY is to JUDGE others.

No trettep you are stuck on judging your brother with the mote in his eye.

Don't you understand that Jesus is actually down playing what you are beholding in your brothers eye.In otherwords what you are seeing in your brothers eye really is not there,it's because you're an hypocrit you think there is something there in your brothers eye(this is why Jesus said judge not).

Seriously how can you see anything in your brothers eye with a beam in your own eye in the first place ?. Doesn't this make any sense to you at all ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-19-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,999,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Don't you understand that Jesus is actually down playing what you are beholding in your brothers eye.In otherwords what you are seeing in your brothers eye really is not there,it's because you're an hypocrit you think there is something.

Seriously how can you see anything in your brothers eye with a beam in your own eye ?.
pcamps, I agree you can't see anything in your brothers eye with a beam in your own eye. Now you be serious, can you see the mote in your brothers eye once the beam has been removed from your eye?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
pcamps, I agree you can't see anything in your brothers eye with a beam in your own eye. Now you be serious, can you see the mote in your brothers eye once the beam has been removed from your eye?
So what was it we were seeing in our brother while we had a beam in our eye ?. My answer is myself, that is what i see trettep.

When i sit in judgement upon another, i suffer his chastisement , because God reveals immediately that is me that i'm seeing in my brother , or suddenly i find i'm doing the same thing i have judged my brother by.Thou that judges doeth the same thing, either way i'm chastised.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Righteous Judgement is always a demonstration of love.
No . . . it is always a usurpation of God's job and is a self-righteous presentation of your self. Even Jesus would not let anyone say He was good or righteous . . . How do you presume to be righteous enough to judge anyone else?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Your stuck on the beam in your eye part. You gotta realize that once that beam is removed your RESPONSIBILITY is to JUDGE others.
No . . . it is never our responsibility to judge others . . . that is for God alone to judge. We are to EXPLAIN what we have judged to be righteous (Good not Evil) to others, period . . . NOT judge them.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-19-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM

76,977 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:

Don't you understand that Jesus is actually down playing what you are beholding in your brothers eye.In otherwords what you are seeing in your brothers eye really is not there,it's because you're an hypocrit you think there is something there in your brothers eye(this is why Jesus said judge not).

Seriously how can you see anything in your brothers eye with a beam in your own eye in the first place ?. Doesn't this make any sense to you at all ?.
With that mindset no one will ever be qualified to help anyone else, but (believe it or not) Jesus does want us to help each other.

Have you ever helped anyone in spiritual matters? If yes, how did you manage with that unremovable beam in your eye?

Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
With that mindset no one will ever be qualified to help anyone else, but (believe it or not) Jesus does want us to help each other.
Yes . . . HELP, Finn . . . not what you call "help." EXPLAINING what we see as Good and Evil and why . . . is the way we help . . . and ONLY if asked or they consent to receive our help in understanding. That is what righteous judgment means . . . judging righteousness (Good versus Evil). At NO time are we to judge THEM against what we believe . . . that is for God alone.
Quote:
Have you ever helped anyone in spiritual matters? If yes, how did you manage with that unremovable beam in your eye?
Anyone who did this by judging them still had the beam in their eye and was imposing their self-righteousness . . . not helping.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-19-2011 at 02:42 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
So what was it we were seeing in our brother while we had a beam in our eye ?. My answer is myself, that is what i see trettep.

When i sit in judgement upon another, i suffer his chastisement , because God reveals immediately that is me that i'm seeing in my brother , or suddenly i find i'm doing the same thing i have judged my brother by.Thou that judges doeth the same thing, either way i'm chastised.
But you acknowledge that God doesn't forbid judging others, correct? It is an easy yes or no question.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . it is always a usurpation of God's job and is a self-righteous presentation of your self. Even Jesus would not let anyone say He was good or righteous . . . How do you presume to be righteous enough to judge anyone else?
Because I can be Mystic. I judge my kids daily for those things I'm more righteous in. I would be naive to think that you don't Judge others.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . it is never our responsibility to judge others . . . that is for God alone to judge. We are to EXPLAIN what we have judged to be righteous (Good not Evil) to others, period . . . NOT judge them.
If I have Christ in me, then I can Judge others by His righteous discernment through me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity