U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:22 PM

144 posts, read 322,814 times

Advertisements

Luke 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM

130 posts, read 135,534 times
In different places the Bible says not to judge, but if you read around the single verse it says get the beam out for instance then you can judge rightly. So given many places talk about judging others properly, not by outward appearance, we do not condemn people for their unsinful personal person, we love them, even if they are in sin we love them to reach them, but clearly we judge rightly, we clearly state to sinners they are on the way to hell and to repent. And that takes looking at people making judgements, we look at the fruit of peoples lives according to Gods Word and see are they His, are they keeping His commandments, if they are living breaking them, they are not His. Do they completely love and have faith in Him, is the perfect work with it.

We look at what is important, what is good and holy, we call things as they are, we can not have sin in the church, it is all in it now and has taken it down. We separate and have to look properly to see is this place or person following the Bible, hard to find now, much of Him is now lost

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post

There are different forms of judgement as well as different levels. Luke was to encourage a personal judgement regarding forgiveness while the Matt quote was a warning not a condemnation. We all judge in many ways and on many levels but it is the motive that gets one in trouble. Like the Luke quote the very next verse explains it all in that they could be reconciled rather than adversaries. While Matt was a warning, mainly to be fair in your judgement rather than out for blood because someday you may find yourself in a similar situation and what would you prefer, mercy or retribution? The word Judge is abused very often for various reasons and often times to shut someone up which is a judgement in and of itself.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
Quote:

I believe that the first verse, Jesus is reprimanding the people for not using their common sense.

In Matt. 7.1, He is revealing a heavenly secret: when we pass judgement on other people, we are condemning ourselves as a result. Paul also notes in Romans 2, that when we judge others, it is because we are already guilty ourselves.

He also wrote in another place, "if we judged ourselves, we would not be judged."

If we want to judge someone, let it be ourselves...!

Just a thought..

Blessings,
Brian

Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 AM

30,153 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Just a thought..

But a godly one.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:37 PM

7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
In Luke 12:54-57 Jesus was talking of people who know the weather of the day and interpretations of the weather the clouds and the way the wind blows and rebuked them for not knowing the season that Heaven was in , which was the season of apostasy were the lamb of God has come to claim the right to the world , and people did not have a clue...... Jesus said in verse 57 ..``why even of yourself judge `` see believers are called to judge themselves or as the Lord through His Spirit to discern sin in our lives ........ in Matthew 7:1 judge not , that you be not judged........ see Believers are called not to Judge because Holy Spirit does not Judge , for that role is the Job of Lord Jesus ....From prophecies of Isaiah 9:6-7... describes Jesus role .....``For onto us a child is born unto us a child is given and this government will be on his shoulders, and his name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace......of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end on the throne of David and upon his kingdom, to order it and to establish it with Judgment and with justice from hence forth even for ever.....The zeal of the Lord of Host will perform this ```............ see Jesus is our judge and if there is an issue , we are called to take it to the Lord plead the blood of Jesus promise and let it go, for Jesus to judge it for us ........

Old 04-16-2011, 07:33 PM

130 posts, read 135,534 times
  1. 1 Corinthians 2:15
    But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    1 Corinthians 2:14-16 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 2 (Whole Chapter)
  2. 1 Corinthians 4:3
    But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
    1 Corinthians 4:2-4 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 4 (Whole Chapter)
  3. 1 Corinthians 4:4
    For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
    1 Corinthians 4:3-5 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 4 (Whole Chapter)
  4. 1 Corinthians 4:5
    Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
    1 Corinthians 4:4-6 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 4 (Whole Chapter)
  5. 1 Corinthians 5:3
    For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
    1 Corinthians 5:2-4 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 5 (Whole Chapter)
  6. 1 Corinthians 5:12
    For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    1 Corinthians 5:11-13 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 5 (Whole Chapter)
  7. 1 Corinthians 5:13
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
    1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 5 (Whole Chapter)
  8. 1 Corinthians 6:2
    Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
    1 Corinthians 6:1-3 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)
  9. 1 Corinthians 6:3
    Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
    1 Corinthians 6:2-4 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)
  10. 1 Corinthians 6:4
    If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
    1 Corinthians 6:3-5 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)
  11. 1 Corinthians 6:5
    I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
    1 Corinthians 6:4-6 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)
  12. 1 Corinthians 10:15
    I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
    1 Corinthians 10:14-16 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 10 (Whole Chapter)
  13. 1 Corinthians 10:29
    Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
    1 Corinthians 10:28-30 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 10 (Whole Chapter)
  14. 1 Corinthians 11:13
    Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
    1 Corinthians 11:12-14 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 11 (Whole Chapter)
  15. 1 Corinthians 11:31
    For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
    1 Corinthians 11:30-32 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 11 (Whole Chapter)
  16. 1 Corinthians 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
    1 Corinthians 11:31-33 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 11 (Whole Chapter)
  17. 1 Corinthians 14:24
    But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
    1 Corinthians 14:23-25 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 14 (Whole Chapter)
  18. 1 Corinthians 14:29
    Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
    1 Corinthians 14:28-30

Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
He also wrote in another place, "if we judged ourselves, we would not be judged."
This is probably one of the most powerful standards of living for any Christian given to us. May we live up to it daily.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:30 AM

30,153 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This is probably one of the most powerful standards of living for any Christian given to us. May we live up to it daily.
I agree Ken.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,627,358 times
Quote:

If you look at the verses in Matthew you can see what it really saying if you read on:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

See it doesn't really say NOT to judge. In fact, the verses in Matthew are teaching you TO JUDGE. So many don't get this. The verses are simply saying BEFORE YOU JUDGE OTHERS you had better make sure yourself is not guilty of the same offense.

You can always tell a "Christian" that doesn't understand the scriptures because they will simply say "We are not supposed to judge others" which is contrary to God's Word. The reality is that God is raising up JUDGES right now in this dispensation to rule with Christ and pass Judgement in the next age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or