Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 05:55 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
So how does this tie into ...

"So you responded with this quote in my response to philosophers, false prophets, and antichrists. What are you trying to get at?" <<<that
Are you reading my posts or not??? The false prophets, etc. ALREADY infected the Gospel shortly after the death of Jesus and the Apostles . . . long before we ever had it available to us. You forget that to the people of that time 200-400 years in the future was a long time away . . . and THAT was when they were warned to expect the false prophets, anti-Christ, etc. So it had already happened long ago . . . as far as we are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 PM

85 posts, read 121,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you reading my posts or not??? The false prophets, etc. ALREADY infected the Gospel shortly after the death of Jesus and the Apostles . . . long before we ever had it available to us. You forget that to the people of that time 200-400 years in the future was a long time away . . . and THAT was when they were warned to expect the false prophets, anti-Christ, etc. So it had already happened long ago . . . as far as we are concerned.
Does this thread ever put the truth out there.
Yes,the enemy has been infuencing the camp for many ages.
And people think if they name their evil god jesus that they are part of what the real jesus died for.
They are what jesus was dealing with.
It's all in the book and I'm sure you can point it out.
But to be a bible verse quotation system does no justice for it is the way of the other.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
If there was ever any doubt about the deceitfulness and cleverness of Satan . . . the impact (after the death of Jesus and His apostles) on the Christians and subsequent followers for 2000+ years should remove any doubt. The satanic corruption of Christ's message of "love God and each other" has produced several spiritually fatal misdirects that have achieved mainstream acceptance and minimized Christ's real impact on humanity. The greatest corruption has occurred within the Fundamentalist churches. The fundamentalist beliefs of Christianity have accepted as Gospel the following destructive psychological concepts . . . undoing Christ's work on the cross:

1. They lower the self-esteem of humans as unworthy "filthy rags" (psychologically this is the single most devastating and unhealthy state of mind possible)

So you are saying you dont stink? Dont need to bath? Dont need to brush your teeth? WOW you must be perfect.

2. They misdirect our focus to intellectual acknowledgment of specific beliefs instead of an inner change of attitude and behavior to that of Christ's love toward life and our fellow beings (psychologically this is the easy road . . . no real responsibility except to profess belief IN Jesus).

So another words you are discounting the Holy Spirit with intellectual acknowledgments which contain no wisdom.

3. They perpetuate a fear motive for failure to profess belief and make our loving Father a "Godfather" making us an offer we can't refuse (psychologically this corrupts any genuine feelings of "love for God" because fear and love are completely incompatible. It also reinforces our worthlessness by feeling we don't deserve any better treatment anyway. Classic abuse syndrome.)

LOL, you are using the wrong interpritation of fear.

4. They divide us into chosen and unchosen based on our proclamations of belief and spiritually conquer and destroy Christ's desired unity by dissension and strife over specifics of professed belief . . . nullifying the "love each other" commandment (psychologically this divide and conquer approach has effectively invoked human hubris and prideful defenses of each provincial set of preferred beliefs rendering the main message of "love God and each other" ineffective.)

No people divide themselves by choices they make.

5. They provoke authoritarian, judgmental and dictatorial attitudes toward our fellow human beings usurping the personal responsibility we each have in our direct relationship with God. It treats God as impotent and needing OUR actions to enforce His commandments (psychologically this eliminates any sense of personal responsibility to God and supplants it with concern over sanctions imposed by our fellow human beings).

Uhm isnt that what you are doing right now?

6. They perpetuate belief in superstition and magic while denigrating knowledge and understanding undermining the spiritual maturity essential to our successful rebirth as Spirit upon our death (psychologically this fosters unrealistic fantasizing and imaginings corrupting our state of mind toward God, life and each other).

You really dont understand Christianity, continually misinterpriting what is right in front of you. You give new meaning to deaf, dumb, and blind.

7. They promote fables as reality in the face of scientific knowledge to the contrary which undermines our intellectual development and understanding of our world (psychologically this predisposes us to follow and believe any absurdity or abomination without subjecting it to critical reason or rationality)

Please share, what fables?

8. They corrupt the required compassion and mercy Jesus taught by limiting it to those who "deserve" it under their rules and beliefs (psychologically this effectively nullifies any real compassion or mercy and limits it to only those who are subjugated to specific proclamations of belief . . . essentially extortion).

Actually it is you who corrupt and you cant even see it. LOL

I cannot think of a more effective method to nullify Christ's message and example of God's love for us all . . . than to promulgate these corruptions within the very church He founded . . . as mainstream beliefs to be defended and protected from any reason and logic.
You really miss the point that Christ and the Apostles have made repeatedly and then try to blame others for your shortcomings.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
You have to stop thinking the world is out to point out your flaws, Finn. Nobody is. We are pointing out flaws and corruptions that have infected the Gospel of Christ through ignorance and deliberate artifice. It has nothing to do with YOU or anybody else, Finn.
I didn't say anything about it being about me.

Well, if you say that no one promotes those evils you mention, then it renders your whole point meaningless. Of course you are talking about people. See your own post: "The greatest corruption has occurred within the Fundamentalist churches. The fundamentalist beliefs of Christianity have accepted as Gospel the following destructive psychological concepts "

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-15-2011 at 06:38 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say anything about it being about me.

Well, if you say that no one promotes those evils you mention, then it renders your whole point meaningless. Of course you are talking about people.
So Finn Jarber what is your opinion of Universal Reconciliation ?. I will not hold out any hope of you saying it is of God. Considering you believe it's God or the devil, i would think you believe UR is of the evil one.I have also read on more than one ocassion where you say that it's our duty to point out error,why is it offensive to to you when others point out your error in belief ?.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You really miss the point that Christ and the Apostles have made repeatedly and then try to blame others for your shortcomings.
The sadness is that you think this is funny with all your LOLs and snide remarks. But it is you who has been sold a bill of goods by Satan (calling what is clearly Evil . . . Good) that you defend with ancient ignorance disregarding all knowledge to the contrary. There is no more deaf and blind person than he who will not hear or see.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
The sadness is that you think this is funny with all your LOLs and snide remarks. But it is you who has been sold a bill of goods by Satan (calling what is clearly Evil . . . Good) that you defend with ancient ignorance disregarding all knowledge to the contrary. There is no more deaf and blind person than he who will not hear or see.
I laugh at your attempt to rationalize your theories that have no basis.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, if you say that no one promotes those evils you mention, then it renders your whole point meaningless. Of course you are talking about people.
I am talking about beliefs . . . not people. You have a real problem separating people from beliefs don't you, Finn. They are not the same you know. Beliefs can be right or wrong, corrupt and evil, ALL ON THEIR OWN without regard to people at all. It just so happens that the mainstream churches have been infected with corrupt beliefs for a long time now . . . that would be the BELIEFS, Finn . . . not the people.
Regarding your edit:
Quote:
See your own post: "The greatest corruption has occurred within the Fundamentalist churches. The fundamentalist beliefs of Christianity have accepted as Gospel the following destructive psychological concepts "
Again . . . it is the beliefs that contain the destructive psychological concepts . . . not the people.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-15-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I laugh at your attempt to rationalize your theories that have no basis.
My views have extensive hermeneutic, eisegetical, sociological, anthropological, historical and scientific (physics, genetics, etc.) bases, Robin . . . over 40+ years worth. I also have extensive personal experience of their validity from my meditations over a far longer period.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I am talking about beliefs . . . not people. You have a real problerm separating people from beliefs don't you, Finn. They are not the same you know. Beliefs can be right or wrong, corrupt and evil, ALL ON THEIR OWN without regard to people at all. It just so happens that the mainstream churches have been infected with corrupt beliefs for a long time now . . . that would be the BELIEFS, Finn . . . not the people.
Well, you specified WHO you were talking about, so we don't need to go see you evasion dance again.

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity