Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:24 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of the replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
For those of you who do not preach a Gospel of coming judgment and only love and peace, why should I consider Jesus Christ if my life is already complete, at peace, prosperous and healthy? What if I already love my fellow man and want the best for all and live an upright life? What if I don’t struggle with any vice and treat others with respect. What if my only flaw (in your eyes) is that I don’t believe in your god? Isn’t it neither here nor there when all is said and done? What else can Jesus offer that I don’t know about or need? What if, in the end, you're no different from me?
I think that is something only YOU can answer.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I think that is something only YOU can answer.
Well, so far, I have not read of anything he can offer me different than what I already have. Apparently there is nothing to save me from, money for him to give me or even the ability to go back to being 25 again (forever).

Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Moderator cut: reminder

There have been a lot of posts deleted or edited here as off topic and or contributing to hijacking. Please review this from the TOS

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Thanks all

Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 PM

234 posts, read 238,347 times
Quote:
For those of you who do not preach a Gospel of coming judgment and only love and peace, why should I consider Jesus Christ if my life is already complete, at peace, prosperous and healthy? What if I already love my fellow man and want the best for all and live an upright life? What if I don’t struggle with any vice and treat others with respect. What if my only flaw (in your eyes) is that I don’t believe in your god? Isn’t it neither here nor there when all is said and done? What else can Jesus offer that I don’t know about or need? What if, in the end, you're no different from me?
Hi IDM,
In the beginning God had a reason for creating mankind. His purposes have been temporarily put on hold because of sin (which the Bible tells us is transgression against His laws ....1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law....in other words, rebellion), nevertheless, God's intentions remain the same, and He will in the end accomplish what He set out to do in the beginning.
But first He had to deal with the sin problem. Why? Because sin separates. Because sin directly gets in the way of what God ultimately wants to do. And that my friend is enjoy your company. Fellowship, spend time with, be friends with, be a Father to. That is why we were created. That God and man may be so close and connected through love that there would be no division. But sin divided. But more than that, the natural result of separation from the one single source of all life must inevitably be death.
So God had to take steps to make it possible for man to avoid that inevitability. He had to die in our place. If we died, (eternally I mean) then we would be lost to Him forever.
That is what Jesus offers you that you now do not have. Forgiveness of all your sin and freedom from all condemnation. A genuine one on one relationship with the Creator of the universe. The promise of resurrection to eternal life when Jesus returns, or, if still alive then, translation into a glorious new body (no crook knees) and no more sickness, death, war, sadness, shame, hatred, sin. Forever.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jer. 9:23 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:52 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakelite View Post
Hi IDM,
In the beginning God had a reason for creating mankind. His purposes have been temporarily put on hold because of sin (which the Bible tells us is transgression against His laws ....1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law....in other words, rebellion), nevertheless, God's intentions remain the same, and He will in the end accomplish what He set out to do in the beginning.
But first He had to deal with the sin problem. Why? Because sin separates. Because sin directly gets in the way of what God ultimately wants to do. And that my friend is enjoy your company. Fellowship, spend time with, be friends with, be a Father to. That is why we were created. That God and man may be so close and connected through love that there would be no division. But sin divided. But more than that, the natural result of separation from the one single source of all life must inevitably be death.
So God had to take steps to make it possible for man to avoid that inevitability. He had to die in our place. If we died, (eternally I mean) then we would be lost to Him forever.
That is what Jesus offers you that you now do not have. Forgiveness of all your sin and freedom from all condemnation. A genuine one on one relationship with the Creator of the universe. The promise of resurrection to eternal life when Jesus returns, or, if still alive then, translation into a glorious new body (no crook knees) and no more sickness, death, war, sadness, shame, hatred, sin. Forever.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jer. 9:23 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
Amen....

Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Well, so far, I have not read of anything he can offer me different than what I already have. Apparently there is nothing to save me from, money for him to give me or even the ability to go back to being 25 again (forever).
are you sure about that? perhaps you're doing too much assuming.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
are you sure about that? perhaps you're doing too much assuming.
Well he "knows the desires of my heart" (they tell me) and I have yet to see them fulfilled, so....

Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Well he "knows the desires of my heart" (they tell me) and I have yet to see them fulfilled, so....
He knows the real ones, Insane . . . not the ones you think you have for reasons even you do not fully understand. We may think we want money. But what we actually want is what we think we will have once we get the money . . . but there is not necessarily any connection between them at all. There may be other ways to what we actually want in our ignorance.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
hmm I think you see it the wrong way...it's when you want what HE wants for you,content to be led in that way,then your desires line up with His and they become fulfilled..not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity