Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

Since the Pledge of Allegiance And The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most Public schools anymore, because the word "God' is mentioned...

...a kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer:

"New Pledge of Allegiance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule

For this great nation under God

Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,

It violates the Bill of Rights.

And anytime my head I bow

Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

That's no offense; it's a freedom scene..

The law is specific, the law is precise.

Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall

Might offend someone with no faith at all..

In silence alone we must meditate,

God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,

And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...

They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,

And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.

It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,

We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong..

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles..

But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:

Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
Great post! Our Public schools what some us now call the Gov't re-education Centers are ruining our children so they will not be problem adults in otherwords they are producing sheeple not people!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Great post! Our Public schools what some us now call the Gov't re-education Centers are ruining our children so they will not be problem adults in otherwords they are producing sheeple not people!
I agree Watchman. The indoctrination that is taking place with our children now makes me so glad I do not have a child of school age...that would just tear me up...and then I think of my precious little grand-daughter Teagan...just turned 2 years old. Every time I look into that beautiful, innocent face...and into those big, wide, blue eyes...my heart just aches...knowing what lies ahead in her future...I cry when I think about it too much....like now................

....................but the LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want [lack anything], He maketh me to lie down in green pastures [covers and protects me and mine with the rich, green, nutritious food of His Word]...He leadeth me beside the still waters [brings me into His rest blessed and guided by His Holy Spirit]. He restoreth my soul [brings me back to a place of reassurance with His love]......Amen.

God Bless you,
Verna.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:56 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Here in Texas, the pledge is said every morning including the Texas pledge and they both include God faithfully in them. Everyone has to stand. Some kids don't say anything but that's because they are ignorant of the sacrifices people have made for this country. Or they forgot. Either way, I don't care. I say it.

If there's a new pledge being created, I don't care. America was sold to the devil decades ago. It's not surprising in the least to me if they don't include God in their pledge elsewhere. I'm not waiting on this country to get better. I'm waiting to go home. And all you Christians here should be too. We should be heaven-minded in these last days otherwise we will break down in tears and depression thinking about the downfall of this country and trying to pray for things to get better when God told us it will only get worse. Pray for Jesus to return so we can leave soon! This country is doomed and over with. Start thinking about what you want to do in Heaven! And start trying to spread the word elsewhere!!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
allenK893 - I do spread the word as I am a Ezekiel 33 vs 1-6 "watchman", I tell people to homeschool your kids and avoid the mess.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 PM

130 posts, read 164,495 times
This is good stuff, you know America is the seventh head of the anti christ it is clear, Rev 17 I beleive you can see it there,

I pledge allegance to the flag,

you know that is a real problem, pledging to a flag an country and not God

I pledge my allegance to Jesus Christ, God I will serve in Love and faith for ever, I will abide by his commands that He asks, I will trust in Him with all my heart, I will Love Him with all I got and those around me as He did, I will walk as He walked, I will listen to Him and give Him the healthy respect He asks, I will stand firm on the WORD OF GOD as He asks, I do not want freedom of religion and democracy, I want you Lord please in infinite and eternal amounts constantly for ever Amen

Now I wonder what our system got us in America all the freedom to sin and choose what you want, if that wasn't the devil, Israel as God gave them had freedom to worship God, freedom to serve Him only, freedom to not sin, freedom to realize every time they violated and when into sin and worshiped or let those others in with them that did have idols, it was trouble for them. I wonder just this America everyone loves so much what it is getting them. Moderator cut: deletedso the babies can live, those connect kill them as Japan for worshipping Budda, you know I don't want anyone to go to hell, but oh Lord please stop them, please help us get the gospel preached as it is, let us live the Word as you want, Oh Lord may you strike Satan and all he is in the worst way, Amen

With Love Pastor Timothy

Last edited by june 7th; 04-15-2011 at 08:00 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
I pledge my allegance to Jesus Christ, God I will serve in Love and faith for ever, I will abide by his commands that He asks, I will trust in Him with all my heart, I will Love Him with all I got and those around me as He did, I will walk as He walked, I will listen to Him and give Him the healthy respect He asks, I will stand firm on the WORD OF GOD as He asks, I do not want freedom of religion and democracy, I want you Lord please in infinite and eternal amounts constantly for ever Amen
A hearty AMEN!!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
This is good stuff, you know America is the seventh head of the anti christ it is clear, Rev 17 I beleive you can see it there,

I pledge allegance to the flag,

you know that is a real problem, pledging to a flag an country and not God

Now I wonder what our system got us in America all the freedom to sin and choose what you want, if that wasn't the devil, Israel as God gave them had freedom to worship God, freedom to serve Him only, freedom to not sin, freedom to realize every time they violated and when into sin and worshiped or let those others in with them that did have idols, it was trouble for them. I wonder just this America everyone loves so much what it is getting them. Moderator cut: deletedso the babies can live, those connect kill them as Japan for worshipping Budda, you know I don't want anyone to go to hell, but oh Lord please stop them, please help us get the gospel preached as it is, let us live the Word as you want, Oh Lord may you strike Satan and all he is in the worst way, Amen

With Love Pastor Timothy
Somehow i do not think the buddhists would take "With Love Pastor Timothy" that serious.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:43 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Somehow i do not think the buddhists would take "With Love Pastor Timothy" that serious.
This is what our world is coming to, Paul . . . more fanatical fundamentalists "who do not want religious freedom and democracy."
Quote:
Elijah to come
I do not want freedom of religion and democracy
Pathetic!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
It is sad, and judgement to America is right around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity