Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
At least it is better to rely on the written word than on a fanciful concept of intelligence evolution.

Mike relies on the written word and as long as people go to the written word...they will have what is needed for salvation.
But which interpretation and translation are we supposed to believe ?.

There is one thing we should be able to agree on and rely on....who the Living Word(Jesus Christ) IS.
Knowing Who He IS, is what changes the way an individual thinks and in turn changes the way an individual is.Anything that is not revealing who Jesus Christ IS,is not worth knowing.

Jesus Christ said follow me. He never said follow the bible or follow the Law.

Christ dwells in our innermost being(the real me) through faith,and when he is we are rooted and established in His Love.

So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love. Eph 3:17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 01:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
It's probably just because this is by and large an American forum.. but I see by this thread that much is focused on what one believes and not at all on what one does in his/her life.

I'm wondering about those famous verses in Matt. 25-- about "what we have done unto the least of these..." and something in another place about "workers of iniquity.."

I mean, what probably is more important to God: whether we believe a certain doctrine, or how we treat one another??

Blessings!
brian

Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Alabama's Confession of Faith

I believe in God the Father who justifies the ungodly
I believe in the Son of God who seeks and saves the lost
I believe in the Holy Spirit who brings life to the dead
I believe in the Bible that proclaims the Good News
I believe in the Blood of Christ that was shed for the ungodly
I believe in the Resurrection of all to life
I believe in Eternal Life for all
I believe everyone will too!!!

And the people said AMEN

Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I believe in God the Father.

I believe in the Son of God.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the holy Bible.

I believe in the blood of Christ.

I believe in the resurrection.

I believe in eternal life.

I hope that you do too!!!
Amen Mike, and I also believe that Jesus is our savior, and what He told us in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except by me." That is the truth that speaks louder than what the worldly beliefs try to convince us.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
I believe in God the Father.

I believe in the Son of God.
{but I do not believe that they
are the same person}

I believe in the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the holy Bible.

I believe in the blood of Christ.

I believe in the resurrection.

I believe in eternal life.

I hope that you do too!!!
Readers, please do not confuse my original post with the change that has been made to it by the poster above. Jesus Christ is God. He is not the Father, but He is the second Person of the trinity. He is co-equal and co-eternal with both God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
I am glad that the majority of people who have replied are in agreement with these beliefs which are more than beliefs. They are absolute truth!!!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
At least it is better to rely on the written word than on a fanciful concept of intelligence evolution.
Right . . . Twin Believes it is a sin to educate and use our intelligence to gain greater understanding. Ignore the spiritual "solid food" and drink the carnal "milk" . . right Twin?
Quote:
Mike relies on the written word and as long as people go to the written word...they will have what is needed for salvation.
You rely on what has been "written in ink" Twin . . . I will rely on what God has "written in our hearts"with the Holy Spirit to guide me to what is Christ's Truth . . . not our ignorant ancient ancestors' misunderstanding of Jehovah.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-18-2011 at 08:32 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I believe ALL SHALL BE GIVEN LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY.
I believe YOU WILL ALSO!

Once again, Universalism rears its head on what had been a good thread. No, all will not be given life more abundantly.
Those who die having never received Christ as Savior will have an eternal existence of disgrace and contempt as per Daniel 12:2. In the lake of fire.

You imply that there is agreement with your statement. I assure you that there is not. And there is no beauty in sacrificing truth for unity.

A belief which errors is without understanding, as in your suppositions.
I believe THE TRUTH WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES.

John 5:28-29

Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth;
those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

But the shame is not everlasting has you claim.
Others have discussed this with you, so I will not waste my time, today!

To coin a phrase, "you are free to reject the truth."

Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamastorm View Post
alabama's confession of faith

i believe in god the father who justifies the ungodly
i believe in the son of god who seeks and saves the lost
i believe in the holy spirit who brings life to the dead
i believe in the bible that proclaims the good news
i believe in the blood of christ that was shed for the ungodly
i believe in the resurrection of all to life
i believe in eternal life for all
i believe everyone will too!!!

And the people said amen
Amen Alabama

Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Oh well... it was good while it lasted!..

Blessings to ya Mike,
brian
Ah, you say, "it was good while it lasted," what good ever comes from deception and lies ?

Truthful lips will be established forever, BUT a lying tongue is only for a moment. (Prov.12:19)

Interesting in that moment of deception......
we can see and witness once again God's glory exposing the deception and those who walk in rebellion against Him !!

The TRUTH shall prevail..... it always has and always will.... !

The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in TRUTH. (Ps.145:18)

AND.....

Proverbs 14:24-26
24. The crown of the wise is their riches, but the folly of fools is foolishness.
25. A truthful witness saves lives, but he who utters lies is treacherous.
26. In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, and his children will have refuge.

AMEN.... Thank you, Lord Jesus for the TRUTH and giving the FAITH to say, "I BELIEVE !!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity