U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How did you come to Christ?
I heard the UR message and was drawn to the Lord. 2 16.67%
I came to know Christ believing in ET and grew into a belief in UR as I matured. 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM

22,730 posts, read 10,451,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It does NOT say: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that NOBODY will perish and EVERYONE have eternal life

My faith revolves around salvation, not ET. ET revolves around the conversations on this discussion board, and only because the unis insist on talking about it.

Trust me, if only a very small fraction of humanity have been revealed the uni message, while everyone else (99.99%) has been fed lies, then it would indeed mean that God failed miserably to reveal it to humanity, but thanks goodness that is not the case.
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Here is a repeat of the obvious from the Insidious thread. Read the following sentences emphasizing only the Pink Bold and Capitalized words and tell me you do not see the differences in meaning possible from the same written sentence.(Hints are in parentheses)

I know that you did not kill her. (But others don't believe you)

I KNOW that you did not kill her. (I have proof)

I know that YOU did not kill her. (But somebody did. It was murder)

I know that you did not kill HER. ( But you killed someone else)

I know that you did not KILL her. (But you beat the crap out of her)

Bibleans think there is only one possible meaning from the LITERAL READING of the Bible. URs know better.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-26-2011 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: changed the red font/deleted the insult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM

7,765 posts, read 9,367,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
"Uni's", as you put it, do not believe they have a "higher revelation".....nor do we believe we're some kind of spiritual elite. We have the same exact gospel, the same exact Bible that we follow as YOU.....separation of us/them is only in your mind, Finn....we're not the ones claiming you aren't a Christian. We ARE Christians, and for whatever reason God has shown us a different truth concerning eternal fate. Just because the masses believe ET does not make it true....it's been taught that way for centuries and it's ingrained as something that cannot be questioned or cannot be wrong.

The gospel IS NOT ET, nor does it revolve around it. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ and salvation, and very simply love God and each other. Why do you have to make it so complicated? And yes, God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity, that Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL. Not ALL believe it, but that does not make it invalid.
I thought you said in the other thread that the UR and the ET was two different gospels....strangely, that post is missing now....

Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

7,765 posts, read 9,367,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
"Uni's", as you put it, do not believe they have a "higher revelation".....nor do we believe we're some kind of spiritual elite. We have the same exact gospel, the same exact Bible that we follow as YOU.....separation of us/them is only in your mind, Finn....we're not the ones claiming you aren't a Christian. We ARE Christians, and for whatever reason God has shown us a different truth concerning eternal fate. Just because the masses believe ET does not make it true....it's been taught that way for centuries and it's ingrained as something that cannot be questioned or cannot be wrong.

The gospel IS NOT ET, nor does it revolve around it. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ and salvation, and very simply love God and each other. Why do you have to make it so complicated? And yes, God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity, that Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL. Not ALL believe it, but that does not make it invalid.
Also, so I understand, what does "God has shown us a different truth" mean?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I thought you said in the other thread that the UR and the ET was two different gospels....strangely, that post is missing now....
Christ's Gospel is the same and never changes . . . but the mainstream corruption of it from shortly after the death of Christ and His apostles has endured because it served the purposes and agenda of men for power and control . . a weakness easily exploited by satanic forces, Alpha. It is not unusual for people to think there are two different Gospels because the corruption so clearly contradicts Christ's unambiguous example and teachings. (Ilene and the others are not to blame for thinking so . . . just as you are not for believing it also, Alpha).

Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 AM

34,436 posts, read 11,719,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Like I have said before you are blinded by your knowledge and therefor lack wisdom. Christ warned of such things and still you resist.
It is dangerous to place logic and knowledge/reasoning of men (=gnosis) ahead of faith and what the word of God and Holy Spirit tells us. It is almost as if you worship logic and knowledge as opposed to God.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 AM

4,191 posts, read 3,102,992 times
Quote:
It is dangerous to place logic and knowledge/reasoning of men (=gnosis) ahead of faith and what the word of God and Holy Spirit tells us. It is almost as if you worship logic and knowledge as opposed to God.
Knowledge alone is worshiping logic but knowledge with faith creates wisdom that has no depth or end.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Knowledge alone is worshiping logic but knowledge with faith creates wisdom that has no depth or end.
What you both seem to forget (or deliberately ignore) is that I had no faith until my personal encounter with God in deep meditation. It was an instantaneous change that has only deepened over the decades since. As so many of my atheist critics keep pointing out . . . the experience forced me to start with the reality of God (because it is unmistakable) and try to make the existing knowledge fit. The truth is that the unmistakable love and acceptance of God (as I encounter Him) does not remotely fit with those human psychological weaknesses attributed to Him by our ignorant ancestors, period. My faith IS DOMINANT . . . but my science is impeccable as well.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 PM

8,830 posts, read 6,059,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Also, so I understand, what does "God has shown us a different truth" mean?
Just that, it's a different belief from yours but to UR's it is the absolute truth, just like you believe you have the absolute truth. I won't even begin to pretend that I understand why there are 3 (ET, UR and AN) stark differences concerning eternal fate, all of which can be supported by the Bible. That's what I meant by a "different truth". My truth is different than yours. Doesn't make me right and you wrong, or you right and me wrong. It's a matter of interpretation. I wasn't saying that God "showed" UR's THE one and only truth, but it is indeed truth to us. There is an element of truth to all 3 beliefs. But I don't think any of us have it completely right.

I just know that my God, our God, the God of the Bible will not be frying his precious creation for all of eternity. Not gonna happen. He did not create us only to destroy us. We WILL be reconciled to Him because it's what HE desires. Evil and destruction will be done away with, it doesn't win. God wins, He is completely and totally victorious. We know that from what the Bible says. So, how could we rationally believe that Satan will win the souls of most of humanity when the bible clearly states that God wins?

I know that it has been said time and time again by UR's that we do in fact believe there is judgment and punishment awaiting most of us, but somehow ETer's are not grasping that we do believe in all the same things, just not the eternal duration. The punishment will be to purify and cleanse, not an act of rage/anger/revenge or anything else on God's part. It's all about LOVE. And love wins, Alpha.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM

4,191 posts, read 3,102,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you both seem to forget (or deliberately ignore) is that I had no faith until my personal encounter with God in deep meditation. It was an instantaneous change that has only deepened over the decades since. As so many of my atheist critics keep pointing out . . . the experience forced me to start with the reality of God (because it is unmistakable) and try to make the existing knowledge fit. The truth is that the unmistakable love and acceptance of God (as I encounter Him) does not remotely fit with those human psychological weaknesses attributed to Him by our ignorant ancestors, period. My faith IS DOMINANT . . . but my science is impeccable as well.
There is no weaknesses being attributed to God.

As for your conversion, good for you, I am glad for you, so when are you going to stop being condensending and start growing in faith? This is in no way an attack merely an observation because you are so knowledgable yet still feeding on milk while claiming it to be meat.

The offer still stand, lets examine the Words of Christ. Are you afraid Christ may prove you wrong?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
There is no weaknesses being attributed to God.
This is the ignorance that is so damaging to any possibility of achieving wisdom, Robin. All the following are the result of human psychological weaknesses, period: Jealousy, anger, vengeance, fear, greed, envy, lust, egotism, hate, etc.etc. NONE of them can EVER be attributed to God because God has NO SUCH WEAKNESSES. Accepting our ignorant ancient ancestors' attributions of human weaknesses to God and excusing them as Divine Motives beyond our understanding is just that . . . IGNORANT. I cannot help you or anyone else who insists on retaining that ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity