Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times

Advertisements

How is it that even the top weather people are dumbfounded over the record number of tornadoes in North Carolina. Past record, 22. New record 62. This Spring throughout the country blew through the record of tornadoes in April.
Record drought in Texas. Record flooding, record snowfall throughout the world.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
How is it that even the top weather people are dumbfounded over the record number of tornadoes in North Carolina. Past record, 22. New record 62. This Spring throughout the country blew through the record of tornadoes in April.
Well,I guess we'll all just have to admit that it is just you smiting them.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:12 AM

And, how easy it is to forget a thread where a prediction of the sun releasing it's energy came true. Within a matter of a couple hours.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Seriously? So every bad thing that happens everywhere is a sign of God's anger at that particular place at that moment? So a devout Christian who lives in Texas who happens to lose his home or his life is just incidental damage? Or a tornado that hits an Alabama church in the middle of Palm Sunday services, killing a lot of innocent children in the process, is an indication of God's wrath? Do I have that right?

I am a person of faith. But I think some of you people are unhinged.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM

A person of Faith would believe in the Word of God, which is written in the Old Testament, New Testament and the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

Past records less accurate record keeping, new record more accuate record keeping.

Keeping in mind that past and present records being kept cannot accuratly be compared to one another when the past records were kept using less precise equipment also one ofhter factor is the amount of people with cell phones who want to report what they see.

Substantiating all of that is arbitrary, since I could call into the TV station saying I spotted a tornado and they would likely jot it down as a sighting, considering that weather observation and prediction is not a precise adventure, you can have a lot of information that actually is not entirely factual, but is convenient for the fallacy world you live in.

Quote:
They're not dumbfounded. Actually, if you managed to read past the lurid headlines, you'd realize that we've actually had a quiet period for tornado outbreaks over the past few decades, and the current year most likely signals a return to more normal activity. Also, because the quantum leaps in monitoring, we are able to identify more tornadoes, whereas before we had to simply rely on visual identification.

What's more, every year there's some kind of weather record set somewhere, whether it's record snow, heat, cold, rain, or what have you.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
This thread is not meant to be political, but to Awaken the Spirit in you.
Out of this state did CEO's/so called leaders and companies come from that were involved and influenced to wage war against nations and God's creation for oil. Did not the Gulf of Mexico turn red as blood of a dead man, because of greed? So I ask you, is the wildfires in Texas a sign of God's Wrath. And, if you believe then what do you think God is trying to tell you?
If God were full of wrath against Texas, I think he would be more direct than to cool the waters of the equatorial Pacific Ocean, causing the southern tip of the jet stream's American parabola to migrate farther Northward than usual, resulting in very little rainfall below the panhandle, in turn resulting in hectares upon hectares of dry fuel across the prairies and coastal plains.

For a post that is not meant to be political, the assertion that CEO's from Texas are the root of war is astoundingly political. The Gulf of Mexico has actually not been red as the blood of a dead man because of greed and if it had, why would God smite the meek of this state for the greed of a few?

This post is not meant to incense anyone, but rather to awaken the deeply buried pragmatic within the OP.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
A person of Faith would believe in the Word of God, which is written in the Old Testament, New Testament and the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
A completely nonsensical statement as applied to the OP. Your interpretation of a weather event as a sign of God's wrath is not supported by anything at all. In fact, I would offer that it's a statement of spiritual arrogance. Because you are interpreting this as a sign of God's judgment on the people of Texas, that means you yourself are passing judgment on them.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Seriously? So every bad thing that happens everywhere is a sign of God's anger at that particular place at that moment? So a devout Christian who lives in Texas who happens to lose his home or his life is just incidental damage? Or a tornado that hits an Alabama church in the middle of Palm Sunday services, killing a lot of innocent children in the process, is an indication of God's wrath? Do I have that right?

I am a person of faith. But I think some of you people are unhinged.
Thank you for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity