Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 01:54 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Peace be with you my friend and to your family.
Likewise!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:11 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times
In My OP, I asked if you believe that the Texas wildfires are signs of God's Wrath, then what is God trying to tell you? What does God want you to do?
Energy is the issue. Texas is in the process of wanting to build more nuclear power plants. God will not allow it to be completed. God will send wave after wave of His Wrath to destroy man's destructive behavior towards His creation. For the Salvation of Man. So what is God expecting from you?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
In My OP, I asked if you believe that the Texas wildfires are signs of God's Wrath, then what is God trying to tell you? What does God want you to do?
Energy is the issue. Texas is in the process of wanting to build more nuclear power plants. God will not allow it to be completed. God will send wave after wave of His Wrath to destroy man's destructive behavior towards His creation. For the Salvation of Man. So what is God expecting from you?

Why did he allow the other plants to be completed?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Everything has its proper time with God. And, when time was fulfilled, God comes to intervene in man's affairs. God knows and fully understands man's needs for energy, so he allows to a point, for man to have these things. But, now man has reached a point on earth where these destructive forces are a threat to the Earth and mankind's future. Germany is now in the forefront of this issue by declaring they are no longer willing to go nuclear. And, between China, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan, before Japan's earthquake, wanted to build a hundred nuclear power plants in the next fifteen years. Tipping the scales of life.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Everything has its proper time with God. And, when time was fulfilled, God comes to intervene in man's affairs. God knows and fully understands man's needs for energy, so he allows to a point, for man to have these things. But, now man has reached a point on earth where these destructive forces are a threat to the Earth and mankind's future. Germany is now in the forefront of this issue by declaring they are no longer willing to go nuclear. And, between China, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan, before Japan's earthquake, wanted to build a hundred nuclear power plants in the next fifteen years. Tipping the scales of life.

But of course it is a convenient point to make that God allowed other nuclear plants to be built because man hadn't reached the quota.

I think the problem here is that anyone can paint a scenario and cobble together current or past events and say this is Gods wrath, it really takes no insight or discernment at all. It happens all the time from numerous Christians. The greater sadness it is is all from people needing to feel special and to be the one to tell everyone else this information.

Time will pass and little if anything people say about Gods wrath actually comes to pass beyond the fallacies the points all remain in.

When a child slips on the ice anyone can say that God caused that to teach a child a lesson. When it comes down to it, The misunderstandings of what Gods control is all about only causes more confusion.

Take a butterfly for instance, the compassionate mind may feel empathy for it as it struggles to break free of the cocoon, it may want to help it and free it from it's struggle. We do not really like to hear that it's struggle that it has no control over is actually what will make it capable of surviving. In the meantime the butterfly will have to do the best it can.

Humans are really no different, we can spiritualize anything to help us feel better, to think we are in the know and that helps us feel assured that what we believe is going to protect and save us from what may or may not be coming.

To think that God needs to step in and out of our lives as the current conditions of the earth may dictate is missing the point and resting in the fallacy of the moment rather than observing history and realizing that if you think the world is bad off now as compared to the past then you really have no business associating God with anything because you have already missed what he asks us to see in the first place.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
But of course it is a convenient point to make that God allowed other nuclear plants to be built because man hadn't reached the quota.

I think the problem here is that anyone can paint a scenario and cobble together current or past events and say this is Gods wrath, it really takes no insight or discernment at all. It happens all the time from numerous Christians. The greater sadness it is is all from people needing to feel special and to be the one to tell everyone else this information.

Time will pass and little if anything people say about Gods wrath actually comes to pass beyond the fallacies the points all remain in.

When a child slips on the ice anyone can say that God caused that to teach a child a lesson. When it comes down to it, The misunderstandings of what Gods control is all about only causes more confusion.

Take a butterfly for instance, the compassionate mind may feel empathy for it as it struggles to break free of the cocoon, it may want to help it and free it from it's struggle. We do not really like to hear that it's struggle that it has no control over is actually what will make it capable of surviving. In the meantime the butterfly will have to do the best it can.

Humans are really no different, we can spiritualize anything to help us feel better, to think we are in the know and that helps us feel assured that what we believe is going to protect and save us from what may or may not be coming.

To think that God needs to step in and out of our lives as the current conditions of the earth may dictate is missing the point and resting in the fallacy of the moment rather than observing history and realizing that if you think the world is bad off now as compared to the past then you really have no business associating God with anything because you have already missed what he asks us to see in the first place.
In a way, I can totally see your point, Phaze. It's very easy to say to a tragedy, "it's your fault" and a blessing, "it's because of me." Just because something happens that is bad doesn't mean that God is "punishing us."

However, I personally believe that we do indeed reap a harvest of what we sow. If we engage in criminal activities, we can expect trouble. If we do good, we can often see good results come from it.

America has a lot of problems right now. It's the country with the highest percentage of its own people in prison, high crime, extreme violence in schools, low education levels, people without homes and without jobs, unbridled greed...

So things do come back to us, even in this life. Maybe this is one way in which God teaches/judges us??

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
In a way, I can totally see your point, Phaze. It's very easy to say to a tragedy, "it's your fault" and a blessing, "it's because of me." Just because something happens that is bad doesn't mean that God is "punishing us."

However, I personally believe that we do indeed reap a harvest of what we sow. If we engage in criminal activities, we can expect trouble. If we do good, we can often see good results come from it.

America has a lot of problems right now. It's the country with the highest percentage of its own people in prison, high crime, extreme violence in schools, low education levels, people without homes and without jobs, unbridled greed...

So things do come back to us, even in this life. Maybe this is one way in which God teaches/judges us??

Blessings,
brian

But what prevents us from researching what those tangible things are, while I am not denying reaping what we sow, I can demonstrate tangible occurances.

To say in general terms that God needs us to worship him like someomne says or he will send earthquakes to teach us a lesson is ridiculous.

However, smog from companies allowed to contaminate a local area will reap death and we all know it.

Here we see something at work and nothing really gets done, because people need jobs and etc etc, how much more futile is changing over complete speculation over a wildfire.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Phazelwood, do you not find it amazing the correlation between the events that have transpired upon this earth and the words I have spoken here on CD, since I have been on CD?
What are the odds of My Words being spoken CD and the events that have occurred in Heaven and on Earth?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:

LOL.This thread is a good nutball barometer.

France gets 75-80% of it's power from nuclear plants.Why hasn't God wiped theirs out?

Not to mention,how do wildfires stop nuclear plants?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Phazelwood, do you not find it amazing the correlation between the events that have transpired upon this earth and the words I have spoken here on CD, since I have been on CD?
What are the odds of My Words being spoken CD and the events that have occurred in Heaven and on Earth?
Hey Lion ya ol' dog! Where have you been man? Still claiming to be the Son of God or have you moved on from that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity