Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe #2. When I said pre-millenium, I meant pre-tribulation. I suppose, pre-tribulation would also be pre-millenium since tribulation is before millenium.
Finn,
I thought that was what you were referring to.

That was why at times I would say that scripture doesn't speak of multiple second comings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Finn,
I thought that was what you were referring to.

That was why at times I would say that scripture doesn't speak of multiple second comings.
Well it talks about a day when everyone is taken up Rev 20:13 , and that means sinners too, and that is when they are taken up for judgment. But the Bible also talks about a day when only the elect are taken up, and the rest are not, so to me that sounds like teo different events.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you were given a choice, which you aren't, would you prefer to leave this world through physical death, or by the rapture of the church?

Except for the rapture generation, everyone departs from this world by way of physical death. And personally, that would be my choice. The reason being is that every believer is going to go though the rapture anyway. It's just that those who haved died will go through the rapture from the other side. But those who are alive at the time of the rapture will miss the opportunity of being in heaven prior to the rapture.

It will be different in heaven after the rapture than it is now. After the rapture, the judgment seat of Christ will take place in heaven and then the Marriage of the Lamb. Every church-age believer will have been given his eternal rewards and will be ready to return to the earth with Christ as He sets up His Millennial kingdom upon the earth.

But I want to experience being in heaven now, before being given a resurrection body.

Paul was was caught up into the third heaven as recorded in 2 Corinthians 12:1-6 and heard and saw things which he was not permitted to speak of. It may have been a vision, or he may have actually died on that occasion when he was stoned as recorded in Acts 14:19. What did he hear? What did he see? I'm sure he saw Christ. But what was it actually like being there? The other side of death will tell. John gave certain details in his vision of heaven in Revelation. But his was a panoramic view taking in the tribulation and beyond. What is it like in heaven right now? I'm not really asking anyones personal opinion of what they think heaven is like right now. I'm just saying that I want to find out what it is like to actually be there before the rapture of the church.

What I'm asking is this. Given a choice between the rapture and physical death, which would you prefer?
Just prepare to endure to the end and save as many as you can.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well it talks about a day when everyone is taken up Rev 20:13 , and that means sinners too, and that is when they are taken up for judgment. But the Bible also talks about a day when only the elect are taken up, and the rest are not, so to me that sounds like teo different events.
Lets say I'm going to describe my home to you. (the home represents the end of the world, "I'm" is God)

Being the human that you are..I know that you can't see or understand the entire picture (nor am I going to reveal everything anyway).

So what I'll do is describe each side, the roof ect, just in enough details for you to get enough of the picture of what I'm talking about.

Here are somethings to keep in consideration:
  • Somethings that I will describe will be in terms that you can relate it to..other things not, for there is no human who can comprehend or relate to what I see.
  • In other words, you are bound by time and space and familiarities...I am not.
    • there really isn't only going to be 144,000 in heaven.
    • or a literal double edge sword coming out of Jesus mouth
    • It's important to remember about exisiting without being bound by time
      • 1000 years of my time is like a day to you.
  • watch for the words "something like"..."is like"... "appeared like" for descriptions of heaven, hell, descriptions of evil ( hopefully you get the idea)
  • I don't have a history of revealing everything at the same time (look at the OT)
The mistake is to take the multiple descriptions of events that make up the end of the world events (front, sides, back, roof of a house) and conclude there are multiple returns (homes).

Just as there was only one world wide flood ... as Jesus compare that to his return
Just as there was one one 1st coming .... but multiple OT descriptions of it
So shall there be only one 2nd coming ... with multiple description of events that take place.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-25-2011 at 03:46 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 03:25 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
The Rapture was Oct 5th, 2009, if you are still here you missed it.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
The ideologies or doctrines of men always amaze me, talk about confusion.
I wonder how many books have been sold to the easily deceived or cheated?

Old 04-26-2011, 04:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,019 times
Since the rapture is a bunch of malarky, I vote natural or accidental death.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Since the rapture is a bunch of malarky, I vote natural or accidental death.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

You people kill me when you make fun of your own blessed hope. I hope you have a pretty good excuse up your sleeve to reveal to the Lord when he ask you why you didn't believe it when he told you.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

You people kill me when you make fun of your own blessed hope. I hope you have a pretty good excuse up your sleeve to reveal to the Lord when he ask you why you didn't believe it when he told you.
And you people kill me when you run around in circles proving the bible with the bible. Don't you get headaches?

If I don't believe in something, how can I make fun of it. I answered the question based on my beliefs. I would prefer natural or accidental death over rapture.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
I stand corrected the Rapture is scheduled for May 21st 2011
Time to sell off all your belongings and buy pet insurance

At least we didn't find out from WikiLeaks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity