Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Rapture simply means "to be caught up".....

Scriptures teaches of only one final return of Jesus...not a multiple returns.
The rapture is part of the same event ... the end of the world when "all of the nations" will be gathered, where "every eye will see him".

Jesus' return will be very very obvious...no secrets, nobody will be left behind and above all ....no second chances to come to faith.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
To those who do not believe in the rapture, it is a surety that they will be left behind to endure the tribulation period. Will they survive it?

To those who believe in the rapture, unless we go to the Upper Room and receive the power of the Holy Ghost, then we will not make the rapture no matter how much we believe. It will take the power of the Holy Ghost working within an individual for them to be translated in a twinkling of an eye. Do you remember those miracles performed by Jesus? What about those miracles by the apostles in the Book of Acts? They were all done through the power of the Holy Ghost, the same power we must have to be translated at the rapture.

Acts 2
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

This is the real baptism of fire from God; we must have this power if we expect to make the rapture.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
To those who do not believe in the rapture, it is a surety that they will be left behind to endure the tribulation period. Will they survive it?

To those who believe in the rapture, unless we go to the Upper Room and receive the power of the Holy Ghost, then we will not make the rapture no matter how much we believe. It will take the power of the Holy Ghost working within an individual for them to be translated in a twinkling of an eye. Do you remember those miracles performed by Jesus? What about those miracles by the apostles in the Book of Acts? They were all done through the power of the Holy Ghost, the same power we must have to be translated at the rapture.

Acts 2
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

This is the real baptism of fire from God; we must have this power if we expect to make the rapture.
Agreed!

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
To those who do not believe in the rapture, .

Scripture does not require a belief in the rapture.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I believe person A&B will both be taken if there is a rapture. All it takes is a belief is Jesus Christ as Savior, nowhere does it state in the Bible that someone gets left behind because they doubted the rapture. That's ludicrous.

And as far as a crown being given for those who love His appearing.....I would LOVE to see Jesus' appearing, right now as a matter of fact! But I seriously doubt a rapture so does that mean I wouldn't be taken if there was one simply because I didn't follow some man's teaching?
Hey Ilene. Here's the thing. I'm not sure. I'm inclined to believe it doesn't matter what your stance is on the rapture as long as your a Christian. But I think the ones mocking and ridiculing rapture believers are the ones that are in the risk of being left behind. Jesus said you are suppose to watch. How do you deliberately choose not to and then mock others who do? And I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying for those that do.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I believe person A&B will both be taken if there is a rapture. All it takes is a belief is Jesus Christ as Savior, nowhere does it state in the Bible that someone gets left behind because they doubted the rapture. That's ludicrous.
? I was only ref. to the crown given,in response to the first post..no idea about the rest.I suppose all it requires is being saved as well.

Quote:
And as far as a crown being given for those who love His appearing.....I would LOVE to see Jesus' appearing, right now as a matter of fact! But I seriously doubt a rapture so does that mean I wouldn't be taken if there was one simply because I didn't follow some man's teaching?
I was simply referring to the crown that will be given to those who love His appearing. again,I suspect belief in it is not required.If God wants the Christians out of the way and safely protected,then I'm guessing He'd likely take them all.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
For those Christians not believing in the Rapture, Sorry but Do not expect to be taken if the day comes. I am not a judge, Far be it from me, just stating the obvious,

Please, take a look at this short dialog:

Is this something you believe / expect, or your unbelief in the Rapture is strictly SOLID?:

Person A says: I am a born-again Christian and awaiting the Rapture with all my heart. Wish the day came today.

Person B says: Am also born-again but I personally doubt anyone will be taken. you know the Rapture is bunch malarkey.

The day of the Rapture has come... Both have been taken..

Person A says: Thank you, Jesus all glory and honor are yours forever and ever.

Person B says: Oh my bad! How good it is for me, I didn't believe in the Rapture, what is more I joined the group of mockers yet the unthinkable happened.. I have been raptured, WOW, Thank you Jesus, anyway.

See the situation of Person B? It is "funny". Will the rapture-opposing -christian be surprised that he went into the Rapture which he had actually been calling a bunch malarkey?

Seriosly, the answer: NO WAY!

conclusion: The Rapture is part of the Christian faith, by denying it, you have already made your choice which is when the day comes, you'll be left. Or considering the situation above, did Person B seriously believe he had nothing to lose, saying to himself: "No belief in the Rapture is needed? If it is not real, I am right, if it is real I am a Christians so I will make it and say something like "Oops my bad, I have been raptured????? where am I??? lol

See that the situation of person B is absurd?.. Person B will ultimately end up being left!
Do you think it's dangerous to laugh at other Christians about different philosophies about the Rapture? I do. Do you think Jesus would let one of his elect "miss" the Rapture. Trust Jesus. If there's a UFO looking thing involved and David Icke gets on I'd think twice.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:59 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
For those Christians not believing in the Rapture, Sorry but Do not expect to be taken if the day comes. I am not a judge, Far be it from me, just stating the obvious,

Please, take a look at this short dialog:

Is this something you believe / expect, or your unbelief in the Rapture is strictly SOLID?:

Person A says: I am a born-again Christian and awaiting the Rapture with all my heart. Wish the day came today.

Person B says: Am also born-again but I personally doubt anyone will be taken. you know the Rapture is bunch malarkey.

The day of the Rapture has come... Both have been taken..

Person A says: Thank you, Jesus all glory and honor are yours forever and ever.

Person B says: Oh my bad! How good it is for me, I didn't believe in the Rapture, what is more I joined the group of mockers yet the unthinkable happened.. I have been raptured, WOW, Thank you Jesus, anyway.

See the situation of Person B? It is "funny". Will the rapture-opposing -christian be surprised that he went into the Rapture which he had actually been calling a bunch malarkey?

Seriosly, the answer: NO WAY!

conclusion: The Rapture is part of the Christian faith, by denying it, you have already made your choice which is when the day comes, you'll be left. Or considering the situation above, did Person B seriously believe he had nothing to lose, saying to himself: "No belief in the Rapture is needed? If it is not real, I am right, if it is real I am a Christians so I will make it and say something like "Oops my bad, I have been raptured????? where am I??? lol

See that the situation of person B is absurd?.. Person B will ultimately end up being left!
Jesus' prayer to the Father:

"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil." John 17

The Spirit of Christ is not a Spirit of escapism, nor of selfishness. It is a Spirit of self-sacrifice -- something not many Christians are interested in today, it seems...
If Jesus laid down His life for us, we ought to be ready to do the same for others who do not know Him yet.

Imo..

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil." John 17

The Spirit of Christ is not a Spirit of escapism, nor of selfishness. It is a Spirit of self-sacrifice -- something not many Christians are interested in today, it seems...
If Jesus laid down His life for us, we ought to be ready to do the same for others who do not know Him yet.

Imo..

Blessings,
brian
Great post Brian!

John 15:13 (KJV)
13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

You must have been reading my mind:

"I pray not that you should take them out of HUMANITY, but that you should keep them from the evil." John 17:15

Enjoyed having the same thought,
collectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity