U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM

6,824 posts, read 4,870,747 times

Advertisements

YouTube - The King is coming back! Get ready! Part 1 / 3

YouTube - The King is coming back! Get ready! Part 2 / 3

YouTube - The King is coming back! Get ready! Part 3 / 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM

3,066 posts, read 2,937,870 times
Jesus Christ was (not is) an itinerant Jewish preacher in Palestine at the beginning of the Christian era. He, and several other messiah-candidates, were executed for sedition by the Romans. (The Messiah was suppose to restore the rule to Israel).

His followers remained a sect of orthodox Jew (following his instruction) while they awaited what they thought would be his imminent return.

Conflicting legends developed about him which were incorporated in four "gospels." Paul, also a religious leader, adopted many, but not all his teachings, and these are incorporated in Christianity today.

When Jesus didn't return and his followers began to foresake Mosaic law, and began to claim that Jesus himself was divine, they were anathmatized as apostates from the Jewish synagogues. This was in approximately 85 A.D.

He has a large following today. In fact, many develop various Jesus ministries which can be a good source of income for them.

Last edited by ancient warrior; 04-28-2011 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM

Christ is the living God! God our creator born as a man. Sacrificed himself for us so his creation could be reconciled with him. Fully deceased in the flesh, he was resurrected on the third day. Was witnessed by multitudes of people that would easily sacrifice their lives to pass on the message of redemption from God in the flesh. He ascended into the third heaven where he is today waiting to hear from the father when it's time come back and clean this mess up.

That's the point here.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM

697 posts, read 501,662 times
I don’t believe Jesus was “god”. He was uniquely normal man.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,208,025 times
Jesus was the only begotten son of God. He came to show us the Father's love by reconciling us to Him by His work on the cross

His work, IMO, was paying the price for the sins of all mankind, therefore making way for us to approach God in humbleness and sincerity without the rules, rituals and sacrifices of the past.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Christ is the living God! God our creator born as a man. Sacrificed himself for us so his creation could be reconciled with him. Fully deceased in the flesh, he was resurrected on the third day. Was witnessed by multitudes of people that would easily sacrifice their lives to pass on the message of redemption from God in the flesh. He ascended into the third heaven where he is today waiting to hear from the father when it's time come back and clean this mess up.

That's the point here.
RESPONSE:

"He ascended into the third heaven where he is today waiting to hear from the father when it's time come back and clean this mess up."

QUESTIONS:

(1) Are there three heavens? What was wrong with the first two?

(2) If Jesus is "waiting to hear from the Father" he's lacking in omniscience and is thus not divine, is he?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Jesus was the only begotten son of God. He came to show us the Father's love by reconciling us to Him by His work on the cross

His work, IMO, was paying the price for the sins of all mankind, therefore making way for us to approach God in humbleness and sincerity without the rules, rituals and sacrifices of the past.
QUESTIONS:

If God is all merciful, why would he demand "paying a price." Does God charge for forgiveness?

Wasn't it Paul who came up with the atonement theory to explain why Jesus had to die?

http://www.thepaulpage.com/a-covenan...-of-atonement/

Last edited by ancient warrior; 04-28-2011 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: add reference

Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM

While this guy's presentation was amazing regarding Jesus, I see some red flags I research the "emergent church" and how their is some globalist symbolism such as the sun rays behind him and pyramid necklace he wears at times.

Wearing a pyramid necklace at this point and time is not a good idea. Raises some questions. Either way I think he did a good job here.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,133,264 times
There was a Jesus the Christ but there was no Jesus Christ. It was really Jeshua ben Joseph.
Christ is a principle and must be obtained and any person can become a Christ by following the teachings of Jesus.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

"He ascended into the third heaven where he is today waiting to hear from the father when it's time come back and clean this mess up."

QUESTIONS:

(2) If Jesus is "waiting to hear from the Father" he's lacking in omniscience and is thus not divine, is he?

2 Corinthians 12:2 (King James Version)
2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Third Heaven - This is where God and the holy angels (and creatures) and spirits of just men dwell. It is called “The heaven of heavens,” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - “The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you.” (Psalm 2:4) The One enthroned in heaven laughs; The LORD scoffs at them.”

The other two aren't outside the dimension of time.

Matthew 24:36 My interpretation of this is that has a deeper meaning than we as humans can understand. I wouldn't recommend creating doctrine out of one-verse theology questioning the divinity of Christ. That move could be proven fatal, especially when the rest of the book points to Jesus Christ as God manifest in the flesh. One verse theology is a bad idea. Take the whole canon to understand. Colossians does a good job explaining as this letter was directed towards those that challenged his deity. Here' s couple verses.

Colossians
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Christ is the image of the invisible God, our creator, that lived before the foundation of the world.

They are one in the same...

John 10:30 (King James Version)

30I and my Father are one.

Every knee will bow..

Philippians 2:10-11 (King James Version)

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Glorifying Jesus as the only way to Heaven is glorifying God...

John 14:6 (King James Version)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or