Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
More than once a week 3 6.82%
Once a week 19 43.18%
Once or twice a month 1 2.27%
Seldom 6 13.64%
Never 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times

Advertisements

I only go for the big holidays (Palm Sunday, Easter, Christmas) etc.

I used to go every Sunday when I was little to my Grandpa's church. My Grandpa was a Reverend for the United Methodist Church and I would sit with my Grandma and we would watch him preach away. For some reason, when I was about 9, I decided I didn't want to go anymore and haven't gone regularly since then.

But I miss going to church and being with my Grandparents (they're no longer alive anymore). We would drive by the beach on the way to church and then go out to lunch somewhere after service.

But I have made it a goal to start going more often. I like going to church, it makes me feel good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
..in a building with a sign on the front that says "church"?
never.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,484 times
I go to church nearly every Sunday, and I also do activities at church on other days.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
..in a building with a sign on the front that says "church"?
never.
I'll go anywhere I want, whether it says 'church' or not, if I like the people there...I'm not into trying to appeal to anti-believers...even though many consider me one...I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I go to church nearly every Sunday, and I also do activities at church on other days.
What an honest sweet answer...

And you know what...there's nothing wrong with that at all..

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I'll go anywhere I want, whether it says 'church' or not, if I like the people there...I'm not into trying to appeal to anti-believers...even though many consider me one...I think...

Hi there, I'm not sure what you are saying.
Why did you say that in response to my answer?
peace,
sparrow

Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi there, I'm not sure what you are saying.
Why did you say that in response to my answer?
peace,
sparrow
Never mind...your soul is sweet...by your response I can tell you meant well...

And as such, I will accept your peace...

my bag...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Never mind...your soul is sweet...by your response I can tell you meant well...

And as such, I will accept your peace...

my bag...

That's cool. Just wasn't sure what you were saying.
Sometimes it's hard to understand a post on a board, esp. if you're like me and normally heavily depend on body language and tones of voice and such. Sometimes I'm admittedly message board-challenged.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I do not "go" to church ..It is rather difficult for me to attend organize meetings with all the frills in buildings for very personal reasons.

But God places me with His church many times during the day. Sometimes it is at the Dr's office, the grocery store, even on the Internet. Today I spent a few minutes with a couple of members in the Walmart parking lot. Yes I believe the Lord surely provides me with fellowship and a few moments with others members of His church daily. Sometimes I see and feel church just by watching people caring for each other..

I was spiritually moved a few days ago when my paralyzed grandson and I observed the Lords Supper together ...alone on our back deck and I felt His presence very strongly when Michael said a prayer honoring Him for our many blessings and opportunities.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I do not "go" to church ..It is rather difficult for me to attend organize meetings with all the frills in buildings for very personal reasons.

But God places me with His church many times during the day. Sometimes it is at the Dr's office, the grocery store, even on the Internet. Today I spent a few minutes with a couple of members in the Walmart parking lot. Yes I believe the Lord surely provides me with fellowship and a few moments with others members of His church daily. Sometimes I see and feel church just by watching people caring for each other..

I was spiritually moved a few days ago when my paralyzed grandson and I observed the Lords Supper together ...alone on our back deck and I felt His presence very strongly when Michael said a prayer honoring Him for our many blessings and opportunities.

That's beautiful, Miss Blue...thanks for sharing that.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
I just don't see why some of you are so turned off by gathering with a community of believers that you would never step foot in a church.
have your past experiences been that Bad?
As someone that has been in and out of communities of believers that worship together as Sparrow puts it "buildings with the word "church" on it over the course of 58 years I can see the pros and cons of both ways of worship.
Now I see nothing wrong with prefering one way over the other, but when you are basically saying you would not step inside a church until hell freezes over is kind of extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity