Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They would have to be around to talk about it. The younger people (90% of Italians) have NOT seen it. Maybe that is why crime and violence is out of control in many Italian cities.

It happend in 9/11, which is why you should NOT judge them as arrogant, ignorant, animal-like, and naive. You don't know if they celebrate the dreath, or the fact that the war is closer to end now.

If you think American families have not experienced the loss of their own friends, neighbors and family because of wars, then you don't know what you are talking about.
Young people in Italy have not seen it, and it is reflected in their superficiality. I know many, both old and young. How about you?

Again, 9/11 is nothing compared to what they experienced in Europe. Don't like Italy? Ask the French. Ask the Germans. Ask the Polish.

I repeat: there won't be any celebrating in drunken pride if it happens to America. Guaranteed.

Peace,
brian

Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
You don't have to kill anyone. There are always alternatives.
It's the best alternative though. If here were tried, imprisoned him, or worse executed, he would continue to be a martyr, and inflame the loons the follow him.

Quote:
(Although with all the chatting here, I'm really coming to see how much violence is in the minds of Americans. It's frightening, and also quite odd.)
Violence in the minds of citizens of a country that claim the high road by blowing about their religious superiority, failing to acknowledge that christianity is founded on fear and hatred. Fear of an irrational murdering god, fear and hatred of anyone that doesn't suffer from that fantasy.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Young people in Italy have not seen it, and it is reflected in their superficiality. I know many, both old and young. How about you?

Again, 9/11 is nothing compared to what they experienced in Europe. Don't like Italy? Ask the French. Ask the Germans. Ask the Polish.

I repeat: there won't be any celebrating in drunken pride if it happens to America. Guaranteed.
I was born and raised in a European country which has seen more than their fair share of war, and everyone I know today is a believer in strong military.

Just admit that you made up the thing about Italians being mostly against war because they have seen it. Very few Italians alive today have seen it.

Hundreds of thousands Americans died in WW-II and you know what the survivors did they do when the war ended? They celebrated. What did the Israelies do when they returned from war? They celebrated. People celebrate victories, and if you don't want to take part in celebrations, then don't, but DO NOT JUDGE people for celebrating because you have no clue what they are feeling.

You have a lot of nerve calling people arrogant, ignorant, animal-like, and naive.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-04-2011 at 04:26 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 03:39 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Quote:
My post explains why I think that it is morally wrong to celebrate bin Laden's death: Americans don't know what war is really about yet.

Thank you.

Blessings Pawporri,
brian
I am a Vietnam Vet Moderator cut: delete.......Don't preach to me about war

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-04-2011 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Thank you for your service and so sorry the way the VN vets were treated

Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:

Peace,
brian

In my soul I do not hope for war, there is the false pretense that you portray about people feeling victorious over Osama Death.

You misconstrue the feelings of people who do not like war but are willing to get their hands dirty fighting evil. You can take whatever stance you wish and that is your right, but you are mischaracterizing the majority of people who Celebrated the death of Osama.

For someone who claims to see a higher spiritual picture you miss the boat on this one. There are FEW who will celebrate the death of a "person" inherantly, in the case of Osama they celebrate the victory over the EVIL that was promoted by the man. You can take issue with people specific comments perhaps, but the scope of what people are feeling you have demonstrated that you have no clue about it and are quite hypocritical when it comes to the "LOVE" you wear on your sleeve.

I wish you well in your endeavor to get people to see things your way, but when you characterize people as evil, then you are the one who by how I have seen you define love who is also not showing it therefore have no real business trying to teach anyone else what it is.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 05-04-2011 at 04:37 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 PM

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’
"But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
"But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."
You can turn your head as often as you wish, although with people like Bin Laden you'd be dead after the initial strike. You and your family, that is.

For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer

Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
I was born and raised in a European country which has seen more than their fair share of war, and everyone I know today is a believer in strong military.

Just admit that you made up the thing about Italians being mostly against war because they have seen it. Very few Italians alive today have seen it.

Hundreds of thousands Americans died in WW-II and you know what the survivors did they do when the war ended? They celebrated. What did the Israelies do when they returned from war? They celebrated. People celebrate victories, and if you don't want to take part in celebrations, then don't, but DO NOT JUDGE people for celebrating because you have no clue what they are feeling.

You have a lot of nerve calling people arrogant, ignorant, animal-like, and naive.
I don't "make things up." If you're from Europe, then tell us about people that you know who have lived through WWII. Would they "do it again?"

Italians are for the majority against war, because they know what it's all about. I know because I live here and talk with people about it. Of course they celebrated that the war was over. That's my whole point.

Have you ever talked with Italians who survived WWII? Somehow, I doubt it.

Peace,
brian

Old 05-05-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I am a Vietnam Vet Moderator cut: delete.......Don't preach to me about war
Seeing you're a vietnam vet, I find it quite baffling that you would continue to support warfare.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity