Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a lie, brian . . . there most certainly are . . . and they come in all shapes, sizes and degrees of evil intent. With the exception of your judgmental "dirty laundry" snark . . . this is obvious and just happens to be part and parcel of the reality we must deal with in this world. So do all decent human beings, brian . . . you are not special. This blanket generalization is obviously false and a clear sign of your bigotry . . . as are most generalized prejudices. Americans are people like any others and they can understand the very same things you do. We are not divided on the compassion side, brian. The issues that divide us are the perceived (and practical) methods available to us mere mortals to minimize the evil. It is always disappointing to encounter any Christian who is so bigoted. You are the one attributing the motives to vengeance, brian.
Peace, Mystic
The US has well-exceeded the violence of Bin laden. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Maybe this will help:
The Ability to Kill Osama Bin Laden Does Not Make America Great | Common Dreams

If you think I'm bigoted because I believe we must all strive to do as Jesus commands, then so be it. I'm a bigot.

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is the removal of evil from among us that provokes the reaction, Iron . . . not the death of the particular person. Sending evil away from the earth and into the hands of our loving God is not a sad event for a Christian . . . don't we all look forward to going there ourselves?
Every person should judge themselves and live according to their own convictions of conscience ...

If you ask me, most people are completely deceived by the whole charade of "the war on terror" taking place on earth today. Hasn't anyone here ever read 1984?

So many gullible and naive people completely bamboozled by the wicked agendas and lies of the powers that be ...

Killing Osama will not change anything, it will only make a martyr out of him. Another will rise to take his place ... Were are essentially trading one enemy for another in the end.

Osama was a CIA shill ... Just another patsy set up to take the heat for crimes against humanity committed by the worlds shadow governments.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
God puts all powers into place. Therefore who are we, mere men, to say which government is to rise or fall? It is God's doing alone.

BTW, as the tornadoes are mentioned here, which killed 300+ people, should we make war against God for the tornadoes? Should we exterminate God for His power? Can we bomb a tornado, or get revenge on a storm?

Man is put to silence when faced with what he cannot control. Bin Laden is the posterboy of evil, but it is not Bin Laden, but satan and flesh which rule in the heart of man, which is the enemy.

We do not have the power to give life, and it is not our place to take away life.
The celebration of Osama's death (which I unfortunately expected, because I know American very well) is not Christian.

"Render NOT evil for evil, but good." "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord."

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

Are we following Christ in deeds, or just in words?

Blessings to all,
brian
A gracious post from you, Brian. Thank you.

Standing only in His grace and peace -
Heartsong

Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Every person should judge themselves and live according to their own convictions of conscience ...

If you ask me, most people are completely deceived by the whole charade of "the war on terror" taking place on earth today. Hasn't anyone here ever read 1984?

So many gullible and naive people completely bamboozled by the wicked agendas and lies of the powers that be ...

Killing Osama will not change anything, it will only make a martyr out of him. Another will rise to take his place ... Were are essentially trading one enemy for another in the end.

Osama was a CIA shill ... Just another patsy set up to take the heat for crimes against humanity committed by the worlds shadow governments.

In general I agree, even though I don't disagree with going after Osama, I also know that Terrorism isn't dependant on Osama being alive either. In fact judging by the reaction of a percentage of muslims over the burning of their Quran in comparison to the killing of Osama I would suggest that a different type of terrorist network is already in place to the degree that Osama Bin ladens Death is quite meaningless to that effect.

Osama has been a terrorist smoke screen for quite some time now in my opinion.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This question has been on my mind today. My initial reaction to the cheering in the streets was a feeling of embarrassment.

Is it morally right to celebrate bin Laden's death?
I found the public celebration kind of odd, for lack of a better word. Ironically, the celebrating in the streets that I saw had a kind of Mid-East spirit to it. On the other hand, I don't personally see anything morally wrong with it. However I have no desire to celebrate such a thing. The terrorist's demise brings me no joy, per se. But I can't deny that the world is better off without Bin Laden. His death has improved the human species.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Romans 13 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer

Old 05-03-2011, 03:50 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Clearly you are privy to inside information that I do not have access to . . . nor do many Americans I would guess. I will not debate politics with you, my brother. Peace.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
OP,

It is not morally right, but who are we to judge the one who celebrates? Let all be judged by the Spirit. If that was the only wrong they did all their lives, they sure will make heaven!!

On reflection, I think there is one flaw in the question: you assume that death in itself is an end. It is not, it only frees up that invisible part of Man- the Spirit - to operate freely. When an evil person dies, he can reincarnate into many more evil people. Death should actually be demystified. It does not exist in the way we think. The being is only on transfer from one plane to another.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
OP,

It is not morally right, but who are we to judge the one who celebrates? Let all be judged by the Spirit. If that was the only wrong they did all their lives, they sure will make heaven!!

On reflection, I think there is one flaw in the question: you assume that death in itself is an end. It is not, it only frees up that invisible part of Man- the Spirit - to operate freely. When an evil person dies, he can reincarnate into many more evil people. Death should actually be demystified. It does not exist in the way we think. The being is only on transfer from one plane to another.
You are basically attempting to justify murder with that "logic."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity