Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:05 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Stuff like this is why I am sick of conservative evangelical Christianity.

I wonder what God has in store for those who presume to speak his mind and will?

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 05-05-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I am from AL and more than our state was decimated by the band of tornadoes that came through here...it seems this moron somehow forgot to mention those states and what their apparent crimes were for the alleged wrath of God.
Yeah, why is God mad at Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Kentucky for what Alabama did?

Or is God's aim that bad?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Me thinks the OP has been watching too much Pat Robertson. Either that or too much Teletubbies! Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 05-07-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Yeah, why is God mad at Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Kentucky for what Alabama did?

Or is God's aim that bad?
Well, according to our weather in Northwest Georgia today, God must be super happy with us! Maybe he feels bad about ruthlessly killing all of those people around here the other day. Seems we have guilt tripped the Lord into giving us perfect weather. Now I think I'll go hike to a waterfall with my dog. So long!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
No kidding! And apparently conservativeChristians idea of "right to life" ends at birth. Since most conservative Christians seem to be against thier tax money going to things like health care, food stamps,Head Start and Sesame Street!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,002 times
The ignorance of the Living God as expressed in these posted comments is astounding [mod] edit [/mod]

God stands above time, He can see forward and backward and nothing escapes Him or catches Him by surprise. He knows because He planned everything from the beginning of time. Nothing that takes place in this Universe and this World comes about by happenstance. It was planned. And that includes - as a true believer should know - the crucifiction unto death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We serve a magnificent God - One God two Spirits. God the Father and God the Word, (Jesus Christ).

Wake up people and smell the roses...

Last edited by june 7th; 05-07-2011 at 11:05 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffjim View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned reference

Quote:
God stands above time, He can see forward and backward and nothing escapes Him or catches Him by surprise. He knows because He planned everything from the beginning of time. Nothing that takes place in this Universe and this World comes about by happenstance. It was planned.
There is nothing, as far as I know, to indicate that EVERYTHING is planned or determined by God. In fact, I think most things "just happen," like the weather. They aren't determined by God or Satan.

Quote:
And that includes - as a true believer should know - the crucifiction unto death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
You can't compare the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus to some spring storms.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-07-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
In an article written by Jim Schwiesow, "Thunder Will Fall" appearing in today's edition of NewsWithViews.com he reaffirms my position that God is indeed mad at and angry with America for its continuing sins of abomination before Him.

In this article Mr. Schwiesow focuses on the state of Alabama, the one most decimated by these seemingly supernatural killer tornadoes. It appears God's anger was directed toward the failure of that state to stop Planned Parenthood from getting further funding for abortion. Here are his comments:

"A little research tells me that this storm descended upon the heels of a successful blocking - by Planned Parenthood and the medical abortion killers - of a “Fetal Personage Bill” in the Alabama State legislature. This bill would have extended to unborn babies all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of the state. My what a novel idea in this debased society that living babies might be protected from infanticide and be enabled of the protection of the Sixth Commandment that prohibits all acts of murder of human beings."

"A little research tells me that this storm descended upon the heels of a successful blocking - by Planned Parenthood and the medical abortion killers - of a “Fetal Personage Bill” in the Alabama State legislature. This bill would have extended to unborn babies all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of the state. My what a novel idea in this debased society that living babies might be protected from infanticide and be enabled of the protection of the Sixth Commandment that prohibits all acts of murder of human beings."

"It does appear that the Almighty takes a dim view of the deliberate disobedience to His absolute stricture against the wanton killing of His own as presently many sections of several states - including Alabama - lie in wreckage, strewn with the temporal bits and pieces of man’s visage of the perfect life. It is as if the Creator has replicated the carnage that takes place in the state’s six abortion murder clinics, where the torn bits and pieces of formerly living babies are discarded in the bins and dumpsters, after having been slaughtered without even the tranquilizing benefits that are afforded the most brutal of murderers in the execution chambers. These babies feel pain, excruciating pain and their blood cries out to the Father from the ground."

How many more such similar acts must occur in even greater and more violent frequency before the people finally realize something is not right in the daily course of human events and take the appropriate action to correct the situation which IS TO REPENT OF THEIR SINS NOW!

Mr. Schwiesow also mentions in his article how people don't seem to understand why a God of such love could do these horrible things. I believe it is because these individuals, Christian or not, have not read the handbook of God, the Holy Bible, from cover to cover. It is my assumption they have only read the New Testament, which of course portrays God, in the form of His Son, Jesus Christ, as the loving, merciful kind God from whom they get this opinion. Even here Jesus reaffirms God hatred of sin and the consequences.

To have the proper perspective of God (of who He is and why He is the way He is) in all three persons of the Godhead, one must read the Bible from cover to cover. May I suggest to those who have not done so to do so as quickly as possible. It would be very enlightening to you and help you to live the life He wants you to which can help you avoid incurring God's anger in your life. AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF HIM.
Natural disasters are NATURAL- they happen all the time. Anger and hatred are things a deity should be above. Reading the Bible also never healped me understand anything or helped me avoid incurring any wrath from everyone- nope.. only ever been confused by people.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
I don't think it works like that.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times
Quote:
Exactly, stuff like this is why I have ended my relationship with Christianity and no longer consider myself a Christian.

I was raised(indoctrinated) a Christian and spent Pre-school and K-12 in either a Christian or Catholic school. This Easter was the first time I actually spoke out and told others I wasn't a Christian anymore. Believe it or not, this was actually very difficult, scary, and painful, as the roots of indoctrination run deep. However, I just can't continue my association with the bigotry, hate, indifference, and ignorance that passes itself off as Christianity these days. I'm not an Athiest, although I have tremendous respect and admiration of Athiests due in great part to my CD friends as they have made me think about religion in a new way. I now embrace the one of the oldest faiths, Paganism. As a Pagan, I see value and importance in all things living- plant, animal, or human. Christianity only values humans and only those willing to believe only as they do. Because of this demonization of the natural world, Christians have this misguided belief(as illustrated in the Bible) that they have dominion over the natural world and thus can use or ABUSE it anyway they see fit. This has obviously had disastrous consequences for our environment. This is why we are seeing climate change and these super-storms- NOT because someone voted Pro-Choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity