Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
This OP irritates me so much I had to hold off from posting. This is utter nonsense. Little children died. Do you really think God is saying, "Those legislators won't pass laws to save unborn children, so I'll just kill off a few older children. That'll show 'em!" Ugh! There were families huddled together who all died together. How does that save one unborn child? I'm against abortion, but get real. God is not like that.

People from Alabama and other states have come together in the true spirit of Christ to reach out to their neighbors and help out. My guess is people who agree with the OP never stepped foot in Alabama, and probably haven't bothered to come and volunteer to help clean up what they think is God's handiwork.

If God was trying to get back at the legislative delegation, maybe he should have targeted Montgomery. And by the way, hundreds were killed, but it could have been thousands. It barely missed the most populated areas in ALL of these areas in AL: Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, and Decatur, along with lots of medium-sized towns. Tuscaloosa is the biggest one. Hey, maybe God's an Auburn fan and he was getting back at the guy who killed the trees at Toomer's Corner. Please! There's not a lot of difference between that line of thinking and the OP.

A huge part of FAITH is accepting that we can never understand things like this. It's so very sad, and it's hard to comprehend all the pain at this time. BUT, my faith tells me that He has every one of these souls in the palm of His hand and He has a plan for them much better than what was here on earth for them. Believing otherwise leaves nothing but hopelessness, bitterness, and anger.
Amen! Well said, BHFT . . . much as it distresses us in this physical world . . . WE have Dominion, period. God will aid us SPIRITUALLY . . . but He does NOT intervene in our physical reality. WE are to "overcome and endure to the end."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 09:46 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
This OP irritates me so much I had to hold off from posting. This is utter nonsense. Little children died. Do you really think God is saying, "Those legislators won't pass laws to save unborn children, so I'll just kill off a few older children. That'll show 'em!" Ugh! There were families huddled together who all died together. How does that save one unborn child? I'm against abortion, but get real. God is not like that.

People from Alabama and other states have come together in the true spirit of Christ to reach out to their neighbors and help out. My guess is people who agree with the OP never stepped foot in Alabama, and probably haven't bothered to come and volunteer to help clean up what they think is God's handiwork.

If God was trying to get back at the legislative delegation, maybe he should have targeted Montgomery. And by the way, hundreds were killed, but it could have been thousands. It barely missed the most populated areas in ALL of these areas in AL: Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, and Decatur, along with lots of medium-sized towns. Tuscaloosa is the biggest one. Hey, maybe God's an Auburn fan and he was getting back at the guy who killed the trees at Toomer's Corner. Please! There's not a lot of difference between that line of thinking and the OP.

A huge part of FAITH is accepting that we can never understand things like this. It's so very sad, and it's hard to comprehend all the pain at this time. BUT, my faith tells me that He has every one of these souls in the palm of His hand and He has a plan for them much better than what was here on earth for them. Believing otherwise leaves nothing but hopelessness, bitterness, and anger.
Right on, Bright Hope!!!!
Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
Quote:
...Hey, maybe God's an Auburn fan...
Nope...the Lord's a Crimson Tide fan...always will be too...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Nope...the Lord's a Crimson Tide fan...always will be too...
Then why did He hit Tuscaloosa and not Auburn?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Then why did He hit Tuscaloosa and not Auburn?
Pas de touché...

Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
Well it's very convenient to be able to twist events to suit one's own purpose.
At my own life level I interpret storms to mean that my husband should do more cleaning around the house and should develop an interest in foot massage. It's quite clear to me what God's intention is.

On a more serious note, whoever believes that NATURAL disasters are sent to punish any group of people are total frootloops and not to be taken seriously.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 AM

200 posts, read 252,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Yeah, why is God mad at Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Kentucky for what Alabama did?

Or is God's aim that bad?
Seems he's been mad at Oklahoma for a real long time. I'm sure we were getting tornadoes way before Roe v. Wade.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 AM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Well it's very convenient to be able to twist events to suit one's own purpose.
At my own life level I interpret storms to mean that my husband should do more cleaning around the house and should develop an interest in foot massage. It's quite clear to me what God's intention is.
lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
On a more serious note, whoever believes that NATURAL disasters are sent to punish any group of people are total frootloops and not to be taken seriously.
I agree.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
In an article written by Jim Schwiesow, "Thunder Will Fall" appearing in today's edition of NewsWithViews.com he reaffirms my position that God is indeed mad at and angry with America for its continuing sins of abomination before Him.

In this article Mr. Schwiesow focuses on the state of Alabama, the one most decimated by these seemingly supernatural killer tornadoes. It appears God's anger was directed toward the failure of that state to stop Planned Parenthood from getting further funding for abortion. Here are his comments:

Snippet
"A little research tells me that this storm descended upon the heels of a successful blocking - by Planned Parenthood and the medical abortion killers - of a “Fetal Personage Bill” in the Alabama State legislature. This bill would have extended to unborn babies all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of the state. My what a novel idea in this debased society that living babies might be protected from infanticide and be enabled of the protection of the Sixth Commandment that prohibits all acts of murder of human beings."

Link: Mike Corthell: 'Weather' or not you believe

How many more such similar acts must occur in even greater and more violent frequency before the people finally realize something is not right in the daily course of human events and take the appropriate action to correct the situation which IS TO REPENT OF THEIR SINS NOW!

Mr. Schwiesow also mentions in his article how people don't seem to understand why a God of such love could do these horrible things. I believe it is because these individuals, Christian or not, have not read the handbook of God, the Holy Bible, from cover to cover. It is my assumption they have only read the New Testament, which of course portrays God, in the form of His Son, Jesus Christ, as the loving, merciful kind God from whom they get this opinion. Even here Jesus reaffirms God hatred of sin and the consequences.

To have the proper perspective of God (of who He is and why He is the way He is) in all three persons of the Godhead, one must read the Bible from cover to cover. May I suggest to those who have not done so to do so as quickly as possible. It would be very enlightening to you and help you to live the life He wants you to which can help you avoid incurring God's anger in your life. AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF HIM.
If we outlaw abortion and send all the gays to the gas chamber, I'm sure God will reward the USA with perfect weather until the return of Jesus

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,477,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If we outlaw abortion and send all the gays to the gas chamber, I'm sure God will reward the USA with perfect weather until the return of Jesus
A few years back I was having a particularly bad month. I couldnt catch a break. Driving down Santa Monica Blvd. I spotted a big billboard that said "Do You Need Help in Your Life? Cant Make it on Your Own?" If so call 1-800-42JESUS. So I did. Next day a Mexican showed up at my house with a lawn mower! I cant catch a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity