Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

The pharisee spirit abounds.
But just like the wispy clouds they are, they will dissipate when the love of the son warms their heart. The pharisee spirit who clings to "exclusiveness" will recede and be vanquished when the ALL-inclusive love God has for us is finally realized in the depths of the heart, mind and soul. Then and only then we will ALL keep his commands: To love God and to love our neighbor.

Love conquers ALL.
This is the good news.
We're all on the path to realizing this.
Love your neighbor as yourself... because we really are one.
What hurts one, hurts us all.
What uplifts, uplifts all.

peace..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 AM

It isn't "Truth VERSUS Unity"

Truth = UNITY.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Love conquers ALL.
The truth of love never fails, especially when singing in unison or simultaneous harmony.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It isn't "Truth VERSUS Unity"

Truth = UNITY.
You then denied John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Truth = Unity ONLY if everyone unifies under Christ while rebuking their former "religion." This is the only way Truth could ever = Unity.

The world rejects that Christ is the only way though. So how does Truth = Unity?

Matthew 10:32-38 (King James Version)

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

What is the sword? Absolute truth

Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
You then denied John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Truth = Unity ONLY if everyone unifies under Christ while rebuking their former "religion." This is the only way Truth could ever = Unity.

The world rejects that Christ is the only way though. So how does Truth = Unity?

Matthew 10:32-38 (King James Version)

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

What is the sword? Absolute truth

What is absolute truth? God is LOVE.
Every knee shall bow. Love conquers all.
It's so simple. Why do you make it so hard on yourself and others..?
When you see things through the eyes of love, you become humbled and embarassed at the bravado that you once believed and preached.
Try focusing on 1 corinthians 13 remembering that "GOD IS LOVE", and pondering how that might tie into what you've just said above, brother.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
There are two options. 1) Humanism and 2) Christ.
Who does the bible say God loves? Humans.
Through whom does God show love, according to the bible? The Christ/Truth.
What does the bible say makes up the body of the Christ? Humans.

God = Love.
The Christ/Truth = Humans.
Humans Loving Humans = Unity

Old 05-08-2011, 01:13 PM

God = Love, Mercy, Grace, Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Judgment, Wrath amongst many other glorifying qualities.

To deny this is making God in your own image which is your relative truth not the absolute truth of John 14:6. God is also judgement. There is a hell. I'm just pointing out this absolute truth. Sadly many will be there for rejecting the provision for their sins with is only through Christ which was God incarnate as man in the flesh.

Matthew 7:13-14 (King James Version)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

This absolute truth divides. The quarter truth of God= love forming him in our own image (relative truth) is dangerous.

This message is of love. That is only one of the great qualities of God. To deceive the flock with quarter truths would not be love.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
The quarter truth of God= love forming him in our own image (relative truth) is dangerous.

I have to chuckle at this. God IS love (which is biblical, unlike saying god IS wrath, which is found nowhere in the bible). I know I'M not love, so I sure am not forming God into MY image. How about you? Do you really think any human being IS love? Really? If you know a person who IS love, I really, really, really (and I mean REALLY) want to meet them. Immediately!

I know lots of people however who DO love, no matter how imperfectly, and when they do, I see "God".

Old 05-08-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I have to chuckle at this. God IS love (which is biblical, unlike saying god IS wrath, which is found nowhere in the bible). I know I'M not love, so I sure am not forming God into MY image. How about you? Do you really think any human being IS love? Really? If you know a person who IS love, I really, really, really (and I mean REALLY) want to meet them. Immediately!

I know lots of people however who DO love, no matter how imperfectly, and when they do, I see "God".
Just have to say "me too!" to this entire post.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

God has become a universal word. We have been lead to believe that all of the religions in the world worship the same God.

The biblical creator is distinct. The name is actually YHWH/Yahuwah pronounced "Ya-HOO'-ah." His son is Yahushua Ha Mashiach (the messiah). John 5:43" I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive".

Shua means saved. Yahushua means Yah saved. All false pagan g-ds can be linked back to the mystery pagan religions. Ba'al, Ishtar, Horus etc.

if interested look here.

[/SIZE]
Ha-Shem (The Name)

So the Yahuwah is the God of the Bible. This is our Abba meaning Father.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity