U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 PM

8,770 posts, read 10,870,651 times

Advertisements

Iíve almost dropped-out of the ĎChristianí forum because far too many threads have become little more than a place for non-Christians to bash Christians and Bible teachings. (I guess they feel they canít get to Christians in the Religion and Atheism forums.) As a result, these rants against what people often wrongly assume the Bible says, have largely replaced a search for what the Bible really says. This is particularly evident whenever homosexuality, abortion, universalism, hell/Satan and a host of other rebellious worldly topics come into play.

Strident announcements that one does not believe, agree with or like what the Bible says, does not elevate human opinion or philosophies to the level of Godís Word. On the contrary, the Bible clearly says that those who suppress the truth of Godís Word in their wickedness Ö are without excuse (Rom 1:18-20). When Christians engage non-believers in debates based on human wisdom and opinion, instead of the truth of Godís Word, they contribute to the erosion of the authority of Godís Word in human lives. Jesus and His disciples took a far different approach.

End Time Bible prophecy says, ďA time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.Ē (2 Tim 4:3). If this forum is any indication, itís evident that these End Time circumstances are coming to pass.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,683,107 times
However... Is there any other venue that a non-Christian can ask these sorts of questions? It's a place where one can investigate what they believe! If I were a Christian, I'd welcome the chance to answer to the naysayers. Look at the positives and stick to your guns (not literally of course)

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,292,622 times
Yes.

I know what I know. I will not argue with those who only want to tear down my faith.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM

40,177 posts, read 26,806,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I’ve almost dropped-out of the ‘Christian’ forum because far too many threads have become little more than a place for non-Christians to bash Christians and Bible teachings. (I guess they feel they can’t get to Christians in the Religion and Atheism forums.) As a result, these rants against what people often wrongly assume the Bible says, have largely replaced a search for what the Bible really says. This is particularly evident whenever homosexuality, abortion, universalism, hell/Satan and a host of other rebellious worldly topics come into play.

Strident announcements that one does not believe, agree with or like what the Bible says, does not elevate human opinion or philosophies to the level of God’s Word. On the contrary, the Bible clearly says that those who suppress the truth of God’s Word in their wickedness … are without excuse (Rom 1:18-20). When Christians engage non-believers in debates based on human wisdom and opinion, instead of the truth of God’s Word, they contribute to the erosion of the authority of God’s Word in human lives. Jesus and His disciples took a far different approach.

End Time Bible prophecy says, “A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.” (2 Tim 4:3). If this forum is any indication, it’s evident that these End Time circumstances are coming to pass.
You are wrong . . . these end times teaching have come to pass during the past 2000+ years of history. The Gospel of love of Jesus Christ was replaced and corrupted with the wrath of Jehovah for purposes of power and control of the masses. You have been indoctrinated into an evil interpretation that corrupts the pure "love of God and each other" commanded by Jesus Christ with the "fear of Jehovah's wrath" our ignorant ancient ancestors believed in their savagery and barbarity. You are waiting for something that has already happened centuries before you were born. OUR past is our ancestors' "latter days" (2000+ years worth).

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,162,264 times
Quote:
I’ve almost dropped-out of the ‘Christian’ forum because far too many threads have become little more than a place for non-Christians to bash Christians and Bible teachings. (I guess they feel they can’t get to Christians in the Religion and Atheism forums.) As a result, these rants against what people often wrongly assume the Bible says, have largely replaced a search for what the Bible really says. This is particularly evident whenever homosexuality, abortion, universalism, hell/Satan and a host of other rebellious worldly topics come into play.

Strident announcements that one does not believe, agree with or like what the Bible says, does not elevate human opinion or philosophies to the level of God’s Word. On the contrary, the Bible clearly says that those who suppress the truth of God’s Word in their wickedness … are without excuse (Rom 1:18-20). When Christians engage non-believers in debates based on human wisdom and opinion, instead of the truth of God’s Word, they contribute to the erosion of the authority of God’s Word in human lives. Jesus and His disciples took a far different approach.

End Time Bible prophecy says, “A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.” (2 Tim 4:3). If this forum is any indication, it’s evident that these End Time circumstances are coming to pass.
We are at the times of the apostasy. I think the flood is still yet to come though. It won't be long before the Bible is thrown out completely or at least torn to only a couple verses that support the upcoming merging theology. All that rely on Yahuwa and his wisdom will have guidance through these dark days ahead.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,271,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
we are at the times of the apostasy. I think the flood is still yet to come though. It won't be long before the bible is thrown out completely or at least torn to only a couple verses that support the upcoming merging theology. All that rely on yahuwa and his wisdom will have guidance through these dark days ahead.
amen !!!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM

15,315 posts, read 10,363,469 times
Quote:
But what are you afraid of jg? Surely your 'faith' can withstand criticism? There aren't many atheist coming to this forum. In general, we let you get on with your in-fighting and look on in amazement at how your religion can have soooooo many different versions of 'Truth'.

But you see jr, we atheist like truth too and for myself, when I see threads like "There is historical/archaeological evidence for Jesus" or "Evidence that the flood really did happen" or "Homosexuality is a choice" well I just have to jump in and offer the evidence to the contrary. Granted, you personally may not like to see that evidence, you personally may not believe it but there may be someone, somewhere within your ranks who does sit up and take notice of the evidence, someone, somewhere who says ...'Mmmmm! I wonder!'

After all, truth is important would you not agree?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,915,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
But what are you afraid of jg? Surely your 'faith' can withstand criticism? There aren't many atheist coming to this forum. In general, we let you get on with your in-fighting and look on in amazement at how your religion can have soooooo many different versions of 'Truth'.

But you see jr, we atheist like truth too and for myself, when I see threads like "There is historical/archaeological evidence for Jesus" or "Evidence that the flood really did happen" or "Homosexuality is a choice" well I just have to jump in and offer the evidence to the contrary. Granted, you personally may not like to see that evidence, you personally may not believe it but there may be someone, somewhere within your ranks who does sit up and take notice of the evidence, someone, somewhere who says ...'Mmmmm! I wonder!'

After all, truth is important would you not agree?
Criticism/questioning/objecting = bashing/ridiculing/hating

Granted, some folks (as in real life) will not employ tact or diplomacy in telling you how they feel about your beliefs.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 AM

2,779 posts, read 2,154,443 times
If I could make one rule on the forums, it would be that each person state their beliefs up front. I think it would make for better discussions. With those few peope who have shared what denomination they are affiliated with, I find that I have a better understanding of our differences.

There are days when I ask myself why I bother with the forum. I never realized that so many have gotten so far from the truth of the Bible. It makes me very sad to read some of the things people write. I ask myself, how does this happen? How can some people be so far from the truth? I'm not saying that I have a perfect understanding of the Bible, but I've read some things that people write that are far from even the simple basics.

I have been on the forums for about six months now, and when I look back, I am amazed at how much I have learned. I have sharpened my Bible skills so much, and I have been forced to look deeper into God's Word than ever before. So I guess I'll stick with it for a while.

Katie

Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,022,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
However... Is there any other venue that a non-Christian can ask these sorts of questions? It's a place where one can investigate what they believe! If I were a Christian, I'd welcome the chance to answer to the naysayers. Look at the positives and stick to your guns (not literally of course)
I agree!! It's all in the attitude you take towards this forum as to whether or not you enjoy it. We should, as Christians, welcome the chance to answer the naysayers like you said and it keeps it interesting. I personally enjoy talking with atheists/non-believers but I didn't always feel that way. As a Universalist, my whole attitude towards everything has changed, even towards this forum. Keep it light and share your beliefs like everyone else does!

As a fundamentalist, I was more upset by the fact that I couldn't get through to people and that I was not being agreed with......I think if someone has a problem with this forum then it's for those reasons and they should really take a closer look at themselves rather than bash the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity