Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Really, "One Nation Under God". That is what President Barack Obama said. How is it that I live in a house of cedar and have not paid a mortgage in 2 and a half years. Or property taxes?
Moderator cut: delete
Maybe because you paid it off? What makes you think that no one else on this forum has done that. You aren't more special than anyone else.

And one nation under God has been around for longer than Barrack has been alive. It's for swearing in and how in the world do you get that church and swearing into a public office are linked. Wishful thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 02:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
What is so sad here is how so many of these faithful will follow regardless of the fact that this person is one of the manipulators: one of those who's job is to find those flash-points with the evangelical, conservative folk and exploit them to further an evil agenda. Kind of like GWB/Dick Cheney/Karl Rowe (yeah, GWB was a "wonderful" Christian man, but what about the two mentioned who really drove the underlying policies?). You did the right thing! Our Lord and Savior is ABOVE the political BS of mortals (I reference Jerry Falwell who once mentioned Jesus, if he were openly dwelling the face of the earth at the time, would be a conservative republican).
Yes... I believe the Republicans use the evangelicals to get votes. That's why they have to be so anti-gay, whether they truly are or not. They have to toss a bone to the evangelicals every now and then. Really, they couldn't turn the gays straight or outlaw abortion back when they controlled everything? Equally, the Democrats use gay people for votes, tell them what they want to hear, toss a bone here and there. We're all pawns.

My church is liberal for sure, in it's inclusiveness. But never have we been handed a voter guide or had a politician speak other than a member who is a member of Congress did the reading of the Gospel once that I remember, but she's just a member and didn't say anything political. I'd leave if I were ever told how to vote. I do recall a Baptist church near our home in California where I'd see "voter guides" in the parking lot around election times. I find that shameful.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times
Well according to Bank of America, I still owe quite a bit. If you only had ears to hear. I can tell you with all truthfulness that the Father has given His Son all authority on this earth. You know the Spirit does not lie. The same Spirit that lived in Jesus lives in me.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well according to Bank of America, I still owe quite a bit. If you only had ears to hear. I can tell you with all truthfulness that the Father has given His Son all authority on this earth. You know the Spirit does not lie. The same Spirit that lived in Jesus lives in me.
Then you should know all about Divine Love and what It does. Instead, you still harbor lies about Jesus and His sacrifice. You should also know that the bible is not all truth and that men are fallible. You should also know that the spirit of Jesus is His and His alone. Unless you are talking about the Holy Spirit, in which no one can own because it is God's instrument that He uses to convey His Love into the soul of each man. You should also know that you are not above anyone or below, that you are equal. Just stating the obvious. If you choose to believe otherwise about God's Divine Love then you are an imposter pretending to be something you are not. I'd call that delusional but hey, I'm merely human and working on perfection.

BTW, if you still owe a bank and you aren't paying, that's called stealing. Jesus always paid His financial debts so you cannot be like Him in that way. Pay your mortgage cause in the end, no matter who you say you are, it will catch up to you.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM

234 posts, read 238,383 times
Some see the situation as the republicans using the evangelicals, while I see the evangelicals using the republican party as a vehicle to legislate religious dogma.
If God does not see fit to support the church for some reason, that the church needs to resort to the state power or to hire the civil authorities to advance spiritual values, methinks then that the church's agenda has gone askew somewhere. God will always support His people so long as they are fully surrendered to Him. But once they start down the road to seeking political power for whatever reason, they are committing spiritual adultery.
That is the principle reason why the RCC is an apostate church. Because it is a union of church and state, sadly, a union that the American protestant church is seeking to emulate, "making an image to the beast". (Read Revelation 13)

Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 PM

Default The Spirit of Truth

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Then you should know all about Divine Love and what It does. Instead, you still harbor lies about Jesus and His sacrifice. You should also know that the bible is not all truth and that men are fallible. You should also know that the spirit of Jesus is His and His alone. Unless you are talking about the Holy Spirit, in which no one can own because it is God's instrument that He uses to convey His Love into the soul of each man. You should also know that you are not above anyone or below, that you are equal. Just stating the obvious. If you choose to believe otherwise about God's Divine Love then you are an imposter pretending to be something you are not. I'd call that delusional but hey, I'm merely human and working on perfection.

BTW, if you still owe a bank and you aren't paying, that's called stealing. Jesus always paid His financial debts so you cannot be like Him in that way. Pay your mortgage cause in the end, no matter who you say you are, it will catch up to you.
You are so lost. You have no Faith.
The authority given to Me is from the Father. I warn the Dark powers of this earth what not to do. But, they decided their powers are greater than the Father's. They decided to start wars for oil. Destroyed families and this earth for their deceitful pleasure.
So I challenge them against the authority of God the Father. Who has given His Son all authority.
And, the Bible is built on the foundation of the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Y

You are so lost. You have no Faith.
The authority given to Me is from the Father. I warn the Dark powers of this earth what not to do. But, they decided their powers are greater than the Father's. They decided to start wars for oil. Destroyed families and this earth for their deceitful pleasure.
So I challenge them against the authority of God the Father. Who has given His Son all authority.
And, the Bible is built on the foundation of the Rock, Jesus Christ.
You do not have all authority. You are merely human working on perfection. If you were perfect as our Father is perfect, you would gently guide and let them do as they wish because you have no control over anyone's free will. Jesus guided gently and if the people didn't want to follow Him, He left them alone. If we can control it, we help. If not, we let it go and do what we can for someone else. That's just the way it is.

You don't know me. You only read words I write. You don't know the condition of my soul so please don't say something about me that you don't know to be true. My faith lies with God and His Love. He has given it to me so I know without a doubt that I will someday be in His Kingdom.

There can only be one Jesus so please stop telling people that you are Him. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't like it very well. You are Roman Whatever.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Revelation speaks to My Truth. And, I would be lying and would defile the Spirit that is in Me if I said anything that was not Truth. And, yes, I AM Roman, as in Roman Catholic, as in a Soldier for the Truth. A Warrior who rides a White Horse of Justice. Jesus Christ. It's in Revelation. And, Christ has a New Name.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Revelation speaks to My Truth. And, I would be lying and would defile the Spirit that is in Me if I said anything that was not Truth. And, yes, I AM Roman, as in Roman Catholic, as in a Soldier for the Truth. A Warrior who rides a White Horse of Justice. Jesus Christ. It's in Revelation. And, Christ has a New Name.
Yup. We have someone like you that started in our church. He now proclaims he is Jesus. So, two Jesus'. Hmm. Well that can't be. So one of you must be lying or both.

I do believe Jesus is in the Celestial Heavens and helps us from there. He'll return to earth once we reach Light and Life to celebrate with us. I can tell you now, that won't be for quite some time. If you do not know of Divine Love, you are not Jesus.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 PM

There are many imposters. But, there is only One who God the Father put His Spirit upon. I AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity