U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM

1,517 posts, read 964,969 times
Default Christian Mingle website

I just checked out the Christian dating site, Christian Mingle . com and noticed that they do not allow males to be partnered with males or females with females.

Isn't that discrimination? Gay Christians exist - we should be able to go there and find other Gay Christians.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 PM

207 posts, read 360,171 times
Gay Christian? Now that's an oxymoron. Side issue. I was on that site and I seriously doubt the commitment to Christ of most of the members there. I'm sure you can find a site that caters to gays. Match.com will let you choose from Males searching for Females, Females->Males, Males->Males & Females->Females. You'd be better off going there and just specifying that you're looking for a Christian partner. I'm so dissillutioned with dating sites, I'm not even looking for a hetero relationship let alone a homo one. (No offense).

Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM

9,878 posts, read 3,595,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I just checked out the Christian dating site, Christian Mingle . com and noticed that they do not allow males to be partnered with males or females with females.

Isn't that discrimination? Gay Christians exist - we should be able to go there and find other Gay Christians.
Then start a gay site...

Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM

10,320 posts, read 3,280,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
Gay Christian? Now that's an oxymoron.
No it isn't. Gay is an orientation (attraction). A celibate gay is still gay, whether they ever have sex or not. There are millions of gay Christians.

As to the OP, I recall eharmony ( I think) being sued over discriminating against gays, so this case could be deemed discrimination too.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 PM

207 posts, read 360,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No it isn't. Gay is an orientation (attraction). A celibate gay is still gay, whether they ever have sex or not. There are millions of gay Christians.
So its kindof like someone who attends AA and says they are an still an alcoholic because they are never completely free of the desire to go back. That's different from a practicing gay saying they are christian. I'm sure there are a lot of good church-going folk who have XXX thoughts. Which is the worst sin?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
So its kindof like someone who attends AA and says they are an still an alcoholic because they are never completely free of the desire to go back. That's different from a practicing gay saying they are christian. I'm sure there are a lot of good church-going folk who have XXX thoughts. Which is the worst sin?
No one can control their attractions. Actions are certainly controllable, but it's obvious like so many on this board you understand neither homosexual orientation or the biblical views on it.

As for practicing gays, many many Christians do not believe modern day homosexuality is a sin. The Bible condemns pagan practices, not monogamous same-sex 21st century relationships (and do not go quoting scripture - I've argued it a thousand times, I'm sick of explaining it).
And even if it were a sin, since when does being a sinner make being a Christian an oxymoron? Is a divorced Christian an oxymoron? An obese Christian? And adulterous Christian? All of which are FAR FAR more common among mainstream Christianity than gays.

If being a sinner makes you a non-Christian, Christians don't exist.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Status: " Attacks only in self defense is more than 1 person's right" (set 8 days ago)

9,347 posts, read 4,755,281 times
Quote:

No it's not discrimination.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 PM

20,003 posts, read 20,289,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No it's not discrimination.
I agree it's not discrimination.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM

12,491 posts, read 6,282,016 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No one can control their attractions. Actions are certainly controllable, but it's obvious like so many on this board you understand neither homosexual orientation or the biblical views on it.

As for practicing gays, many many Christians do not believe modern day homosexuality is a sin. The Bible condemns pagan practices, not monogamous same-sex 21st century relationships (and do not go quoting scripture - I've argued it a thousand times, I'm sick of explaining it).
And even if it were a sin, since when does being a sinner make being a Christian an oxymoron? Is a divorced Christian an oxymoron? An obese Christian? And adulterous Christian? All of which are FAR FAR more common among mainstream Christianity than gays.

If being a sinner makes you a non-Christian, Christians don't exist.

No, it is not discrimination. Homosexuality is a sin. The Bible does not recognize homosexual relationships and certainly not marriage. Marriage was designed by God to be between a man and a woman. PERIOD!!!. Homosexuals do not have a right to be married. Homosexual behavior is willful sin against God.

Genesis 2:20 '...but for Adam there was not found a helper for him. 21] So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh at the place. 22] And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man, and brought her to the man. 23] And the man said, ''This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.'' 24] For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. 25] And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Jesus in defining marriage in Matthew 19:4-6 referred back to Gen 2.

Matthew 19:3 'And some Pharisees came to Him, testing Him, and saying, ''Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause at all?'' 4] And He answered and said, ''Have you not read, that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5] and said, 'For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh'? 6] 'Consequently they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.''

Jesus adds in Mark 7:20-23 that all sex outside of marriage is evil or wicked. Thus, pre-marital sex, adultery, homosexuality and incestuous sex are all evil.

Leviticus 18 is a prohibition against immoral relations. It starts off with incestuous relationships [V 6-18]. It talks about adultery in verse 20. It talks about homosexual behavior in verse 22 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination (toebah - something disgusting (morally)). Then it talks about sex with animals in verse 23.

Fiyero says no one can control their attractions. Does Fiyero then justify those who are attracted to having sex with animals or corpses? Will Fiyero make the claim that Beastiality and Necrophilia are normal?

What does the Bible say about attractions and desires?

1 Corinthians 1:26 'For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27] and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

All true followers of Jesus Christ, therefore, should be adamantly opposed to same-sex marriage and other homosexual behaviors. They are evil and wicked.

And one of the worse things a nation can do is to promote homosexual behavior. It is a clear sign of decadence and immorality within a nation and invites divine judgment upon that nation.

Now certainly there are many other sins besides homosexuality, but homosexuality is the topic of the thread. Yet another homosexual is screaming victim and discrimination, and the lie has been put to that claim.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Once again Mike, you prove you know nothing about the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity