Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Tyre, Sidon, Egypt, Israel, Babylon, Edom, Philistia, Moab, etc...

I did not say that there is a government solution to the problems in men's hearts. But I do say that when a government and a people fail to follow the laws of divine establishment, God brings judgment upon that nation.

Here is an old thread of mine on the five cycles of national discipline by which God judges nations. The Five Cycles of National Discipline

You're a little off-base because none of those involved anything government had done or not done.

God punsishes people and nations (which are made up of people) because of....get ready for this...because of their FAILURE TO REPENT!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,161 times
Are the gays celebrating at the parade the ones molesting kids, allowing it to be covered up, transferring those who do to new locations that don't have any idea of their past - ?

I'm pretty sure the side with the history of molesting children and covering it up is the side persecuting the ones at the parade, not the other way around..

Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Are the gays celebrating at the parade the ones molesting kids, allowing it to be covered up, transferring those who do to new locations that don't have any idea of their past - ?

I'm pretty sure the side with the history of molesting children and covering it up is the side persecuting the ones at the parade, not the other way around..
puhleez---turning this into a not so hidden anti catholic post---on topic---government either state or federal has no right to use tax dollars to fund a cause or lifestyle that may be against people's beliefs whatever it may be(this is not an anti gay statement so please do not get your panties/shorts in a knot)

Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It is dualistic when one perceives themselves as righteous, while being self-righteous; separate from the evil that it portrays, "Crucify Him."
The hardest lesson for every pharisee.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:58 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
puhleez---turning this into a not so hidden anti catholic post---on topic---government either state or federal has no right to use tax dollars to fund a cause or lifestyle that may be against people's beliefs whatever it may be(this is not an anti gay statement so please do not get your panties/shorts in a knot)
Title of thread: americas slide into moral degeneracy and depravity

It must be very nice to ignore the churches own contributions of "moral degeneracy and depravity" and just focus on a gay pride parade and whatever support it receives...

Old 05-22-2011, 04:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You're a little off-base because none of those involved anything government had done or not done.

God punsishes people and nations (which are made up of people) because of ...get ready for this ...because of their FAILURE TO REPENT!
A mere compliance with a statute cannot justify the denial or violation of a person's Constitutional and Fundamental Rights, or pressure him into waiving them, be it a threat of penalty or promise of reward in order to gain the benefit of another. And these rights must be diligently guarded, so that they are not whittled away through minor, seemingly innocuous intrusions, and even then only in the public interest, but not for the benefit of a private business (organization) or individual, or because the degree of such invasion is minor. Unfortunately, many like Mike believe in "Cruel" and unusual punishment, not that of chastisement or correction!

"The right, power, or privilege of making a decision requires sound judgment."

Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
I stay clear of all hate group propoganda..It does nothing to further my relationship with God and certainly does not draw people to Christianity. If one desires to teach homosexual is a sin then they should do it with respect from their interpretation of scriptures and what Gosd has put in their hearts..People do not need the filth that the hate groups showed off in the articles..

The homosexual people I know and have known in the past are decent, moral, believers who suffer daily from the hate spewed from these groups..

Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 PM

33,228 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I stay clear of all hate group propoganda..It does nothing to further my relationship with God and certainly does not draw people to Christianity. If one desires to teach homosexual is a sin then they should do it with respect from their interpretation of scriptures and what Gosd has put in their hearts..People do not need the filth that the hate groups showed off in the articles..

The homosexual people I know and have known in the past are decent, moral, believers who suffer daily from the hate spewed from these groups..
I don't consider attempts to protect children from homosexual indoctrination to be either filth or hate. And homosexuality by its very nature is immoral.

What filth are you referring to in the article about the gay youth day in Boston? It merely described what took place at the event. The only filth I saw was the picture of the girl who was holding up a sign that said 'God loves my gay ass.' She could have expressed the thought in a better way, but she chose to say it like that.

Some people still believe the Bible and prefer to uphold its moral values. That that should be regarded as hate is very sad.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Mike, all I was trying to point out was that these sites stir up hate and anger among well meaning Christians who maybe should spend time with their own children teaching them rather than worry about what some site "tells" what they saw happening in Boston. Have you ever attended one of those events and seen first hand what was going on?

I do not see this country on a downward spiral into depravity. I see much goodness in my fellow Americans..

I also noted on the site the usual "send money", become a member..
How many teens have you known who have killed themselves over this type of hate toward their sexuality? I have seen it happen many times and personally knew one..What did that fix, Mike..

Yes Mike, I do uphold the moral values in the bible..

Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't consider attempts to protect children from homosexual indoctrination to be either filth or hate. And homosexuality by its very nature is immoral.

What filth are you referring to in the article about the gay youth day in Boston? It merely described what took place at the event. The only filth I saw was the picture of the girl who was holding up a sign that said 'God loves my gay ass.' She could have expressed the thought in a better way, but she chose to say it like that.

Some people still believe the Bible and prefer to uphold its moral values. That that should be regarded as hate is very sad.
Protecting the children? [IMG]http://hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/God_hates_****.jpg[/IMG]
Found at: Westboro Baptist Church Picketing Funeral of 9-Year-Old AZ Victim | HyperVocal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity