Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 10:29 AM

869 posts, read 971,776 times

Advertisements

If the lake of fire is in hell how is it that hell is hurled into the lake of fire?

Quote:
Rev 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire....

Old 05-29-2011, 02:14 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
If the lake of fire is in hell how is it that hell is hurled into the lake of fire?
That's a real good question Radrook. This is one of those times that fundamentalists would say that "hell" doesn't mean "hell", it means hades.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Because it's the grave, no more dying.
You will only experience the state of dying; not death itself.

Unless of course, there is no Resurrection, then you wouldn't experience anything!

Old 05-29-2011, 02:19 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because it's the grave, no more dying.
You will only experience the state of dying; not death itself.
Unless of course, there is no Resurrection, then you wouldn't experience anything!
Harpazo!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Harpazo!
... which all creation eagerly awaits.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
yes "lake of fire" is symbolic

Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Ilene,

Good of you to open this HOT TOPIC that so many have very burning opinions about.

To my mind, both heaven and hell are within, and also without (in this world) in within our minds. Obviously,mortality itself ensures that anyone (all of us) who participate in the experience of living must experience a world of duality/opposites -- good/evil, up/down, left/right, to be/or not to be, haves and have-nots, sickness/health, etc.... In other words, to experience BEING, there must be this duality in order for the divine to manifest itself into time and space. But the notions many people have about God are rather uninformed, so much so that it doesn't take much more than reading a few books by even humorous men like Martin Zender (for example) to demonstrate how ridiculous some of our God-ideas truly are.

To see so many people suffering mentally and emotionally because of the terror-istic tactics and blindness of the religious dogma held within the strongholds of various sects is a source of profound sadness to those who have been given a vision of the vastness of hope and the breadth of God's love. Be that, as it may, the glory of BEING comes at a price - the price of experiencing terror within the heart and mind. And I think that is the way it is supposed to be (or at least, has to be).

Presently I'm in a hard place, but not as hard a place as some I've been in.
We must all find our place in the Son.

Heartsong

Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ilene,

Good of you to open this HOT TOPIC that so many have very burning opinions about.

To my mind, both heaven and hell are within, and also without (in this world) in within our minds. Obviously,mortality itself ensures that anyone (all of us) who participate in the experience of living must experience a world of duality/opposites -- good/evil, up/down, left/right, to be/or not to be, haves and have-nots, sickness/health, etc.... In other words, to experience BEING, there must be this duality in order for the divine to manifest itself into time and space. But the notions many people have about God are rather uninformed, so much so that it doesn't take much more than reading a few books by even humorous men like Martin Zender (for example) to demonstrate how ridiculous some of our God-ideas truly are.

To see so many people suffering mentally and emotionally because of the terror-istic tactics and blindness of the religious dogma held within the strongholds of various sects is a source of profound sadness to those who have been given a vision of the vastness of hope and the breadth of God's love. Be that, as it may, the glory of BEING comes at a price - the price of experiencing terror within the heart and mind. And I think that is the way it is supposed to be (or at least, has to be).

Heartsong

Beautiful post, Heartsong. Thank you.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ilene,

Thanks Heartsong, I wrestled with it but somebody had to do it.

Quote:
That's very profound and oh-so-true. Life is full of opposites and the bad can be unbearable at times so it is like "hell" on earth. It is very sad how some people view God and I thank Him for opening my mind and heart to view Him as He really is, which is love. I'll have to pick up that book by Martin Zender....sounds interesting.

Quote:
Amen to that!! And this IS the way it is supposed to be, for now anyway. I like the way you put that.....the "glory of BEING". We are simply "beings" created for God's pleasure and the sooner we realize that He loves us the quicker our lives become more meaningful and a little more understandable. We all have worth, and we're all worthy.

Quote:
I know you've been struggling and I pray that whatever it is that is troubling you will just evaporate in time. I'm right there with you and completely understand. God bless.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
It is very easy to look up the answers with Google:

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity