Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's your interpretation of it Finn. The Lake of Fire is totally symbolic.
That's what you have been told, but it does not make it true.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
No, that is my interpretation of it. I can't reject something that doesn't exist.Moderator cut: orphaned , L. Ray Smith is a true man of God and he is in need of serious prayer for his cancer.
Yes it is Ilene that is your interpetation and you have brain washed yourself into believing a lie.

Revelation 20:14 ........ exists

Revelation 20:15 ........ exists

You know why it exists ..... Jesus said so.
Moderator cut: insultingI don't know anything about Ray's phyiscal condition. From a spiritual pov... his "cancer" is his distortion of the truth (gangrene 2 Timothy 2:17)

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-30-2011 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Worship of a torturing God requires a whole new perspective on morality that just doesn't jive with true justice as described in ethics.

BTW
There was this Pentecostal woman who preached to us and who kept saying that if no one burned then what was the use of being a Christian. In other words she was behaving herself out of morbit for the sadistic God she claimed to love.
Accusing God of torturing \ injustice is blasphemous. People who make such charges will be held accountable for every careless word.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-30-2011 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 11:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes it is Ilene that is your interpetation and you have brain washed yourself into believing a lie.

Revelation 20:14 ........ exists

Revelation 20:15 ........ exists

You know why it exists ..... Jesus said so.
Moderator cut: orphanedI don't know anything about Ray's phyiscal condition. From a spiritual pov... his "cancer" is his distortion of the truth (gangrene 2 Timothy 2:17)
Moderator cut: personal.

The lake of fire is completely symbolic and Revelation 20:14 and 20:15 have been explained to you time and time again, you just refuse to see or listen.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-30-2011 at 12:53 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned.

The lake of fire is completely symbolic and Revelation 20:14 and 20:15 have been explained to you time and time again, you just refuse to see or listen.
"Love must be sincere ...hate what is evil, cling to what is good."

The matter with me is my love is sincere. Moderator cut: orphanedAnd as far as the repetitive explanations ....... resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. These explanations are from people who's love is not sincere.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-30-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Vomiting dogs make personal attacks against Jesus with their untruths.

Why do you think Jesus called some people brood of vipors, dogs and pigs? ......... his zeal for the truth.
Contextually, Jesus called the religious leaders those things because they were leading men astray and couldn't see the log in their own eye nor would they lift a finger to help those who were struggling. Ironic that you would chose those words..

Hell is a figment of the imagination of those who can't see their own faults but wish to hide behind religion to show hate and scorn... IMO

Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I second this post... If your intent is to show love, TS, I've seen you do better. Jesus said love your enemies... God would do no less... Hell is not "loving" by any stretch of the imagination, nor is it loving ones enemies. Either god loves his enemies or doesn't. Which one is it?
Hell is not suppose to be nor ever was intended to be loving, so stop listening to vomiting dogs. They do not have your spiritual welfare in interest. My "anger" is only percieved by those who are wanton in accusations against a righteous Judge.

God is a Jealous God Exodus 34:14

God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day. Psalm 7:11

But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath. Jeremiah 10:10

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God;
the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies. Nahum 1:2

Jesus confirms Nahum 1:2

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” John 3:36

Paul confirms Nahum 1:2

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness
and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, Romans 1:18

Paul confirms Jeremiah 10:10

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,
you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed Romans 2:5

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-30-2011 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 05-30-2011, 12:02 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Hell is not suppose to be nor ever was intended to be loving, so stop listening to vomiting dogs. They do not have your spiritual welfare in interest. My "anger" is only percieved by those who are wanton in accusations against a righteous Judge.

God is a Jealous God Exodus 34:14

God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day. Psalm 7:11

But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath. Jeremiah 10:10

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God;
the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies. Nahum 1:2

Jesus confirms Nahum 1:2

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” John 3:36

Paul confirms Nahum 1:2

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness
and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, Romans 1:18

Paul confirms Jeremiah 10:10

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,
you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed Romans 2:5
I see no wanton accusations of a righteous judge here... Not in the least...
All I see is a disbelief that any righteous judge could sentence a majority of finite beings to an infinite amount of fiery torture...

Seems to me that if God is just in burning people then we on earth should make that the death penalty. Then we could all watch as they writhe in pain and agony. No respirators allowed either.. We must all learn from the stench of burning flesh that Gods wrath is upon us if we don't follow the rules given by a corrupt and disingenuous religion called Christianity. Oh wait... That happened... We call those the "dark ages!"

Seriously though.... If God is just in calling names and burning people then I guess I'm an atheist.

The verses you quote are interesting. Have you ever done a study on Gods wrath?

Seems God was only wrathful in explanation for some terrible thing that happened to primitives who didn't realize the reality of disease and natural consequences... The fact that you perpetuate that ignorance scares me...

Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I see no wanton accusations of a righteous judge here... Not in the least...
All I see is a disbelief that any righteous judge could sentence a majority of finite beings to an infinite amount of fiery torture...

Seems to me that if God is just in burning people then we on earth should make that the death penalty. Then we could all watch as they writhe in pain and agony. No respirators allowed either.. We must all learn from the stench of burning flesh that Gods wrath is upon us if we don't follow the rules given by a corrupt and disingenuous religion called Christianity. Oh wait... That happened... We call those the "dark ages!"

Seriously though.... If God is just in calling names and burning people then I guess I'm an atheist.

The verses you quote are interesting. Have you ever done a study on Gods wrath?

Seems God was only wrathful in explanation for some terrible thing that happened to primitives who didn't realize the reality of disease and natural consequences... The fact that you perpetuate that ignorance scares me...
Woo hoo wish I could rep you again for this post Kat, awesome!!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
This is pointless. If you don't have anything else to say on the subject of "hell" then move along please.
It's only pointless because you havn't figured out a way to justify Jesus' conversation with some people that wasn't but "pure in your face who they were and where they were headed" .

Jesus said that those who aren't in heaven are d o g s. Revelation 22:15

If you read without accusation eye's ... nobody (who is honest) wants anybody to go to hell. But that doesn't mean one goes to whatever length to rule it out.

Listen to Jesus ... not to those who oppose him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity