U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times

Advertisements

Down through history and even up to today, Christians have associated the name Judas Iscariot with being a vile traitor but is this realy so? When I look at the relationship between him and Jesus Christ, I see Judas as being a very important "pon" if you will, in prophecy being fullfilled. Without Judas, Jesus would never have been captured and crucified and thus, would not have died for the sins of mankind. This compounded by the fact that Jesus knew what was about to happen, who would be behind it, and failed to stop it or at the very least take precautions as not to be captured, makes me think that Jesus and Judas were infact working together.

So in a nutshell, why do Christians claim that Judas Iscariot was a traitor when infact without him, prophecy would have failed to be fullfilled???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM

21,845 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
Down through history and even up to today, Christians have associated the name Judas Iscariot with being a vile traitor but is this realy so? When I look at the relationship between him and Jesus Christ, I see Judas as being a very important "pon" if you will, in prophecy being fullfilled. Without Judas, Jesus would never have been captured and crucified and thus, would not have died for the sins of mankind. This compounded by the fact that Jesus knew what was about to happen, who would be behind it, and failed to stop it or at the very least take precautions as not to be captured, makes me think that Jesus and Judas were infact working together.

So in a nutshell, why do Christians claim that Judas Iscariot was a traitor when infact without him, prophecy would have failed to be fullfilled???
They were not working together. The Bible, which is the written word of God, is very clear that Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ. God the Father had always known that he would betray Jesus. Judas Iscariot had never been a believer. At the last supper, Satan entered into him (John 13:27) and he then went to the Sanhedrin and made the arrangement for Jesus' arrest.

Jesus went to the cross willingly, and He did so at precisely the right time in human history. God used Judas, and He used the fact the both Jewish and Roman Law would break down with regard to Jesus' trials to get Him on the cross. God used the free will of man to accomplish this. Judas was not a pawn. God simply knew from eternity past that Judas would not believe in Jesus Christ and would do what He did. Judas was not being manipulated to do anything.

Matthew 26:24 'The Son of Man is to go, just as it is written of Him; but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.''

Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,297,712 times
Judas was so guilt-ridden he killed himself..doesn't sound like someone who was in on it to me.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 PM

144 posts, read 329,614 times
Both.

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:01 AM

8,102 posts, read 7,072,801 times
The only prophecies similar to the Judas Iscariot story was in Zechariah 11:12-13....``Then I said to them `If it seems right to you, give me my wages, but if not keep them` And they weighed out as my wages thirty shekels of silver. Then The Lord said to me . `Caste it into the treasury` The Lordly price at which I was paid off by them.....So I took the thirty shekels of silver and caste them into the treasure in the house of the Lord``....... The other prophecies is in Jeremiah 19 :1-2....`` Thus said The Lord `Go, buy a potters earth flask, and take some of the elders of the people and some of the senior priest, and go out to the valley of the son of Hinnom at the entry of the Potsherd Gate, and proclaim there the words that I tell you...``..... Both these prophecies came up in Matthew 27:1-10.....See I do not believe that The Lord designed Judas to go and betray Jesus in the end. This was the work of the carnal spirit who the Lord condemns.... And to believe that Judas was called from the beginning of time to betray Jesus is speculation and intrigue, no matter what the Gospels say after the fact of the cross, like `kick the but after the fact `gospel writers gave their doctrines of belief which may give a malicious calling from the Lord God into the Life of Judas ....

Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,211,250 times
Why can't it be both?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM

15,310 posts, read 10,341,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Bible, which is the written word of God, is very clear that Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ.
Quote:
At the last supper, Satan entered into him....
Quote:
God used Judas,
Quote:
Judas was not being manipulated to do anything.
Huh??? Anyone else see the contradictions there

Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM

21,845 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Huh??? Anyone else see the contradictions there
Reference to post #2. God uses the free will of man to achieve His purposes without violating the free will of man. There is no contradiction.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,434,540 times
Judas Iscariot - Integral piece of the puzzle - see son/man of perdition

Old 06-05-2011, 06:46 PM

21,959 posts, read 22,118,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
I see him as a traitor because that's exactly what he was. Had there been no Judas, there would have been someone else, and that someone else would have been a traitor. I'm sure the area around Jerusalem was full of people who wouldn't have batted an eye at betraying one of their closest friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity