Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
IF God is flinging tornados and tsunamis and hurricanes at people because He is angry with homosexuality, (or whatever it is He is angry at, at the time) why does he have such terrible aim? I mean, really. Why can't he pinpoint a little better and just affect those he is angry at? Surely....he could do that if that is what his goal was.

Also, why do people think he is so angry at homosexuality? Shouldn't he be angry and throwing tornadoes and such at those in power who say.... keep the food and aid away from their thousands upon thousands of starving people? Or the folks who are stoning to death women who have been raped??

NO. I am not being funny.
I am dead serious.

This idea that God is flinging tornadoes at people because there is a gay pride flag waving is so beyond ridiculous. Actually, I can't even believe I'm bothering to comment on this.
"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

Fundies hate gays. Therefore, God does too.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:37 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Had the people of Nineveh seen the calamities and plagues that are coming upon the earth, they would have repented long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
That's no answer to my question.
It wasn't intended to be, but rather a message. Where are the sackcloth and ashes?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
God hates sin, and He desires repentance so He can show His mercy. Therefore, we feel the same way.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

See the flag above it? That stands for freedoms and rights, thus I am going to exercise that right to tell you that you do not have the right to impose your superstitions on others.

I wonder if a Christian flag could be flown on the poll too? If it is fair for one belief why not another?

A Christian pride flag.

I do not chastise the poster. It is freedom of speech. Who are we to know what will anger God? He is only stating the warnings of what past prophets have stated about the wrath of God. I do not know when God will judge or not. His will be done.

It rains of the just and unjust. I know God's wrath and I know also that Satan kills steals and destroys.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

I'm a fundamentalist (ie: I believe and practice the fundamentals of my faith in Christ) and I don't hate gays.

What gives you the right to claim I do?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:26 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,177 times
I don't mind have neighbors that believe hateful things. Like I said, I live in Topeka, home of the Westboro Baptists. They have a banner that says "God Hates America".

If you don't like having neighbors that support gays because you fear that God will punish your city because of it, then move, but don't tell your neighbors what flags they can wave. This is America, and we believe in freedom of speech. Maybe you can find another country that values not displeasing a homophobic God.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
a homophobic God.
Homo: A member of the genus Homo. ie: a human

Phobic: Suffering from irrational fear.

I doubt God fears human beings, don't you?

Trust me...He's not even afraid of homosexuals.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
I rate this as the best post in the thread. 5 Stars *****

Old 06-04-2011, 02:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I rate this as the best post in the thread. 5 Stars *****
I give it minus 5 *****
God doesn't hate anybody. We are his creation made in HIS IMAGE. GOD DOES NOT HATE HOMOSEXUALS . GOD DOES NOT HATE PEOPLE.

IT IS THE SIN!!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

I give it minus 5 *****
God doesn't hate anybody. We are his creation made in HIS IMAGE. GOD DOES NOT HATE HOMOSEXUALS . GOD DOES NOT HATE PEOPLE.

IT IS THE SIN!!!!
His god does, and since god is only the invention of man, it proves Anne Lamott's hypothesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity