Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
sparrow,I had posted on it awhile back.it's been awhile since I took the course..I think it was around 1998 on aol.
anyway,I did like the basic principals.one that stuck with me all this time was the idea that revenge is never fulfilling,only forgiveness is. .
I hope that is enough.I have the book,I've been meaning to read thru it again.you seem to have the basic ideas about it downpat.

SC122, I really know NOTHING about this course. I have only heard of it, briefly in passing. Basically someone I know has mentioned it years ago, I think they had some book or something, but I don't even remember the context. So I don't know about my having the basic ideas down pat, I don't even know what it is.

The revenge is never fulfulling thing... I don't know, that's not a whole lot to go on. I do know you gave me the link... but I guess I was just curious as to your own thoughts on why what I was saying sounded like this course you took. I don't really want to take the course to find out, know what I mean? Just wanted to know why you thought my post reminded you of this course, (from your point of view.)

oh well... I guess I'll stop asking.. I'm probably getting on your nerves now. But.. when you're discussing stuff and someone pops in with a "hey this sounds like a class I took".... I just wanted to know why.
that's all.

peace,
sparrow

p.s. hope it doesn't seem like I am pressuring you! I really don't mean it that way at all. Though, it may come across that way.
ACK! I'll just shut up now.
Have a nice night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
SC122, I really know NOTHING about this course. I have only heard of it, briefly in passing. Basically someone I know has mentioned it years ago, I think they had some book or something, but I don't even remember the context. So I don't know about my having the basic ideas down pat, I don't even know what it is.

The revenge is never fulfulling thing... I don't know, that's not a whole lot to go on. I do know you gave me the link... but I guess I was just curious as to your own thoughts on why what I was saying sounded like this course you took. I don't really want to take the course to find out, know what I mean? Just wanted to know why you thought my post reminded you of this course, (from your point of view.)

oh well... I guess I'll stop asking.. I'm probably getting on your nerves now. But.. when you're discussing stuff and someone pops in with a "hey this sounds like a class I took".... I just wanted to know why.
that's all.

peace,
sparrow

p.s. hope it doesn't seem like I am pressuring you! I really don't mean it that way at all. Though, it may come across that way.
ACK! I'll just shut up now.
Have a nice night.
Me too SC.....just wondering. I'd like to know that too.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
They (our loved ones who have passed on) are at peace. They are no longer in this dream.. in this illusion. They are actually with us, we just can't know it yet. Kind of a wild way of pondering it.
Interesting OP. We are spiritual beings inhabiting a physical body and our time spent here is like a blink of an eyelash in the scheme of things, but it is a time that is so important for seeking the truth about God.

I'll have to disagree somewhat with your thoughts on evil/sin as the effects of this on our soul is very real and, unfortunately, it's not an illusion. Rather than our soul being in a pristine condition, it is not as long as we have sinful natures. Sin causes darkness on our soul and after we pass into the next world, it doesn't magically disappear. As spirits, we each must go to our place of abode and this is determined by our soul's condition... whether we have purified our souls with love and forgiveness or whether we have not.

There is a law of progression in the spirit world and those who find themselves in darkness, or hell, will always have the opportunity to be redeemed through love and forgiveness and eventually there will be no such place as hell.

And hell is not just an illusion either, but is an actual place and it is the closest spiritual plane to earth. Those of us whose spiritual faculties have awakened can feel the effects of evil spirits and we know they roam the earth because they are lost souls. And this is one reason why we pray for protection from their influence.

As I always post, the highest love for us to aspire for and receive is God's Divine Love, as it is His Essence... it removes our sins and when our soul is completely purified, it is transformed into a Divine Angel and it is assured of immortality and eternal life. And the cool thing here is that we can go through this transformation now... we don't need to wait until we pass over to the next world. And rather than this being just an illusion or a dream, it would be real and a dream come true. Blessings.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Interesting OP. We are spiritual beings inhabiting a physical body and our time spent here is like a blink of an eyelash in the scheme of things, but it is a time that is so important for seeking the truth about God.
I agree with this.

Quote:
I'll have to disagree somewhat with your thoughts on evil/sin as the effects of this on our soul is very real and, unfortunately, it's not an illusion. Rather than our soul being in a pristine condition, it is not as long as we have sinful natures. Sin causes darkness on our soul and after we pass into the next world, it doesn't magically disappear. As spirits, we each must go to our place of abode and this is determined by our soul's condition... whether we have purified our souls with love and forgiveness or whether we have not.
Just want to reiterate that yes, I DO beleive that the effects of non-love ARE very real! And that suffering is absolutely REAL. But that it is absolutely NOT eternal. The only thing that is eternal is love. What we learn from the effects of non-love will last forever, the KNOWLEDGE will go on and stay with us... but the suffering and pain will dissipate. That is why I'm saying it is "illusion". Because although it is real in this temporary realm, it will dissipate (not instantly dissapear) but dissipate as we walk on in gaining knowledge. I see this as happening now (when we walk the narrow path to life it is happening). "especially those who believe.." ties into this.

The learning and gaining knowledge does NOT end with death, I believe it really STARTS for the most part on the other side of this life. When we see not only the bigger picture of our own lives, but the grand tapestry that God is weaving through everything happening in this world. How knowledge is unfolding. We're all in this together.

To the rest of your post that I quoted above.. I sort of agree. But I don't think (just my current opinion) that anyone really knows what happens after death. I don't think that we CAN know. In other words, I don't think that having details on what happens after death would allow this realm to exist and work as it should. Perhaps we can know a vagueness but I don't really see how details would be beneficial. I know that probably sounds weird, it's late, I really should be in bed.

Quote:
There is a law of progression in the spirit world and those who find themselves in darkness, or hell, will always have the opportunity to be redeemed through love and forgiveness and eventually there will be no such place as hell.

hmmmm. I'm on the fence with this one because I'm not quite sure I understand your perspective or what you believe "hell" is, etc. I perhaps believe something similar, but not quite as you have stated it, probably.

Quote:
As I always post, the highest love for us to aspire for and receive is God's Divine Love, as it is His Essence... it removes our sins and when our soul is completely purified, it is transformed into a Divine Angel and it is assured of immortality and eternal life. And the cool thing here is that we can go through this transformation now... we don't need to wait until we pass over to the next world. And rather than this being just an illusion or a dream, it would be real and a dream come true. Blessings.
I don't quite know what kind of perspective you are coming from on the above...so I guess I don't have a comment.

Peace.. thanks for the input!
sparrow

Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
To the rest of your post that I quoted above.. I sort of agree. But I don't think (just my current opinion) that anyone really knows what happens after death. I don't think that we CAN know. In other words, I don't think that having details on what happens after death would allow this realm to exist and work as it should. Perhaps we can know a vagueness but I don't really see how details would be beneficial. I know that probably sounds weird, it's late, I really should be in bed.

I'll be interested to hear you expand on this, sparrow.

I've read your o.p. several times and while I appreciate how you've furthered your analogy of the shadow idea and can find much to agree with, that there would be an ongoing conscious existence after death still doesn't make much sense to me. At the moments when I'm most convinced a God actually exists , I still think that if we "go on" after death it is likely that we are each simply "absorbed" into that God but won't be aware of it... So while I agree that all the non-love will be obliterated, I guess I think that means we will, in essence, be obliterated as well. (Not trying to convince you or anyone else of that, it's just my thoughts at the moment and what makes the most sense to me.)

However, because I freely admit that I have absolutely no clue what really happens, lol, I'm always curious to hear other people's thoughts. And you have intrigued me with the idea that the "vagueness" of details about an afterlife is in some way important for it to work as it ought .

Old 06-05-2011, 08:21 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Just want to reiterate that yes, I DO beleive that the effects of non-love ARE very real! And that suffering is absolutely REAL. But that it is absolutely NOT eternal. The only thing that is eternal is love. What we learn from the effects of non-love will last forever, the KNOWLEDGE will go on and stay with us... but the suffering and pain will dissipate. That is why I'm saying it is "illusion". Because although it is real in this temporary realm, it will dissipate (not instantly dissapear) but dissipate as we walk on in gaining knowledge. I see this as happening now (when we walk the narrow path to life it is happening). "especially those who believe.." ties into this.
Thanks .sparrrow for your thoughtful response. When you say "the suffering and pain will dissipate"... well, this is true, but it doesn't do this on it's own, but rather it takes an effort on our part to make it go away and that is by forgiveness, which brings forgetfulness of our memories of all things sinful.

As spirits, in our memories are recorded all the thoughts and deeds of this earth life that are not in accord with the harmony of God's Will. And there is a penalty to be paid for this inharmony as it deals with the Laws of Cause and Effect. You might be surprised that some spirits in darkness (hell) are there for many, many years because they feel they are doomed and they don't know anything about forgiveness.

We know about the Law of Cause and Effect, because it operates here, too... whatever you sow, so shall ye reap. For those of us who have a conscious, this is especially apparent.

Quote:
The learning and gaining knowledge does NOT end with death, I believe it really STARTS for the most part on the other side of this life. When we see not only the bigger picture of our own lives, but the grand tapestry that God is weaving through everything happening in this world. How knowledge is unfolding. We're all in this together.
Yes, it is true that as spirits, we continue to learn and you might be surprised to know that there are universities there, too, which offer courses in different subjects, especially, about spiritual things. And they also have words and objects there, which we don't have on earth. But we can learn as much about spiritual knowledge now that is available, because of spirit communications. And for me, I want to know where I'm going and what I'm going to be doing when it's my turn to make the big move over there.

Quote:
Again, this is from spirit communications of the highest source... Jesus and his disciples and many Celestial Spirits. This is Jesus' true teachings as he follows God's Will, that all of God's children on earth and in the spirit world be made aware that the privilege of receiving God's Divine Love is available now... but one day it won't be as it is God's intent to withdraw this most awesome gift. Blessings.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Sin is an illusion? Evil is temporary?

I can see Satan and his minions high-fiveing when they read threads like this. They tell him "You got 'em Luci, you got 'em good. Muaaa-ha-ha-ha-haaa".

Someone mentioned the narrow and the wide roads. Where did the wide road lead to again?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-05-2011 at 08:55 AM..

Old 06-05-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sin is an illusion?

I can see Satan and his minions high-fiveing when they read threads like this. They tell him "You got 'em Luci, you got 'em good. Muaaa-ha-ha-ha-haaa".

Someone mentioned the narrow and the wide roads. Where did the wide road lead to again?
You must not have read the whole o.p., Finn. She explained that she means sins is TEMPORARY, not ETERNAL. Isn't this what you also believe as a christian, or do you believe that sin will exist forever?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You must not have read the whole o.p., Finn. She explained that she means sins is TEMPORARY, not ETERNAL. Isn't this what you also believe as a christian, or do you believe that sin will exist forever?
Where did the wide road lead to again?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where did the wide road lead to again?

Oh please, Finn, you know full well that sparrow has a different understanding than you of what, precisely, is on that road to destruction ... In a nutshell, she believes sin/evil, death, etc., in ALL people will be destroyed and overcome by the power of God's love.

Okay, your turn. Do you believe sin will exist forever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity