Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm posting this for Lionpainter (due to technical difficulties).

I put this sign up a month prior to last November's election. Now, at that time, I had two political signs up on either side. Both were democrats, both know me, both lost.
A couple weeks prior to the election I met with the congresswoman and asked her what she saw in the St. Fidelis sign. She answered a dove, the Holy Spirit. Then I gave her a pin of praying hands and the caption for the pin was, "be a Witness".
Why I created the sign was because of what Glenn Beck said at a rally in D.C. where he told the people that God was speaking to him, telling him what to say. God was not speaking to him.
I AM tired of the false righteousness of the religious right. Between Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Rush Limbaugh they seek their own glory.
So this sign represents "the Sign of the Times".
And, before anyone puts their righteousness before me about Mr. Weiner, I AM reminded of this passage, "he who tries to save their life loses it. He who loses it, (for the Truth, Truth represents Christ), saves his life.

Lionpainter
Attached Thumbnails
Sign of the Times-2011-06-04_11.31.31-large-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
I like this OP. Aisi, we ought to follow Jesus' teachings about how to live in the world, not this or that politician.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I like this OP. Aisi, we ought to follow Jesus' teachings about how to live in the world, not this or that politician.

Blessings,
brian
Thanks Brian for your help.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 AM

I like to also add, that both candidates were prolife too.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Now, most people recite the constitution when it comes to freedom of religion. But, in the Pledge of Allegiance, (allegiance meaning loyalty) we proclaim, One Nation Under God. There are days when the breeze sets the flag gently upon the sign as if the Father is securely setting His Word as guidance for all to see.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Good on you, Lionpainter for exercising your first amendment right as a citizen of the U.S. I'm tired of the same wind-bags full of hate talk that you mentioned as well.

Heartsong

Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Hi Heartsong. I've always taken a dim view of people who spout off with their holier than thou attitudes. Yesterday, another republican candidate, Rick Santorum, who courts the religious right announced his candidacy for President. Now, he is a Roman Catholic, but he still holds aggressions against gays and gives false representation of the teachings of Christ.
What is the tall tale sign that his candidacy is in trouble from day one is the people in his own state dont want him.

Both Democrats and Republicans need to get their house in order.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Hi Heartsong. I've always taken a dim view of people who spout off with their holier than thou attitudes. Yesterday, another republican candidate, Rick Santorum, who courts the religious right announced his candidacy for President. Now, he is a Roman Catholic, but he still holds aggressions against gays and gives false representation of the teachings of Christ.
What is the tall tale sign that his candidacy is in trouble from day one is the people in his own state dont want him.

Both Democrats and Republicans need to get their house in order.

No need to...

This system of things is going to pass away. It is written. Jesus said to watch for the signs of his coming in power and glory. Have you robes white and clean when he comes. Politics doesn't get you into heaven.

Prepare by reading his word

This message is in the bible and quoted by Jesus.

Watch! know the signs and be ready.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM

Ummm. How did David govern? You are right though, Christ is setting up the Kingdom of God.
Taratova, I ask you to read this blog, it is My Truths.
Salvation

Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times

YouTube - ‪Mike Hoggard- Truth behind Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck, Lincoln Memorial -- a Temple of AntiChrist‬‏

If you look beyond the surface, you'll find some important details. A lot of people say they are Christian. Even Obama's on record saying he is a Christian. Never mind that he's also on record of saying he's a muslim. Being a "Christian" gets votes, but you can tell a christian by their fruits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity