Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,470,152 times

Advertisements

Seems to be a rash of "God is Evil" threads lately. Mostly has to do with some people disapproving of God's behavior.

Does God, who created all have the right to do what He pleases?

Isaiah 45 says in part:

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things.

9 “Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?
10 Woe to the one who says to a father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to a mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?’
11 “This is what the LORD says—
the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,
do you question me about my children,
or give me orders about the work of my hands?
12 It is I who made the earth
and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.

Romans 9 says in part:

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use? 22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?
If indeed God is real, the God who created all, who are we to tell God what to do?

1John 4 says in part:

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Last edited by Mr5150; 06-07-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,079,852 times
No, God is not evil.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:36 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,292,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No, God is not evil.
But what some people attribute to God could definitely be evil and not in line with a nature that is Love, as love as described in the Bible.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:24 PM

9,663 posts, read 9,923,358 times
One of the religious issues against the Lord is the fact that not everybody is saved and sin and the Son Jesus is rejected ....... The answer is If a mate were to come to you and say I do not want to marry you because I do not like your ways ....... Would you marry someone who did not love you?, ....... See is God evil to those who don`t want to marry him?.... and a loving God to those who do marry him and be one with him .....God needs to marry everybody and give His Spirit to them to bless them......

Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,634,484 times
No, God is not evil. There are people who claim, or perceive, Him to be evil but the common denominator between all of those people is that they have a misunderstanding of God's character, His Word and His creation. All of their reasons and assertions are false and can be de-bunked.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
No, God is not evil. There are people who claim, or perceive, Him to be evil but the common denominator between all of those people is that they have a misunderstanding of God's character, His Word and His creation. All of their reasons and assertions are false and can be de-bunked.
Many people have a false or skewed image of God. The NT says WHEN WE SEE HIM, THEN WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM. If we are not LIKE HIM, then we have not fully seen Him yet. Yet even the scriptures declare that God hides himself and also that he reveals himself to whom he will when he is ready. Pity those who are trying to force their polluted God-image down the throats of their neighbors (or else!).... Think of all the blood that has been shed for that very reason. Ugh! Death itself is an abomination and must be swallowed up.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:16 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,652,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Seems to be a rash of "God is Evil" threads lately. Mostly has to do with some people disapproving of God's behavior.

Does God, who created all have the right to do what He pleases?

Isaiah 45 says in part:

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things.

9 “Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?
10 Woe to the one who says to a father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to a mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?’
11 “This is what the LORD says—
the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,
do you question me about my children,
or give me orders about the work of my hands?
12 It is I who made the earth
and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.

Romans 9 says in part:

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use? 22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?
If indeed God is real, the God who created all, who are we to tell God what to do?

1John 4 says in part:

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
"Does God, who created all have the right to do what He pleases?"

Absolutely.... !! And those who think other wise, well, God will show them soon enough.... amen !!!

Blessings

Old 06-08-2011, 04:24 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,000,082 times
God isn't evil. Some of man's interpretation of Him is.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:17 AM

8,087 posts, read 6,838,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God isn't evil. Some of man's interpretation of Him is.

Bingo.

It is not "disapproving of God's behaviour".
It is dissaproving of Man's behaviour and man blaming their actions on God, or saying that God is BEHIND their actions.
ex. A man kills another a man and takes his wife and rapes her and then proclaims that God told him to do it = WRONG/FALSE. God did not tell that man to murder and rape.
That man is USING God to justify his non-loving, evil actions and wanting others support by saying "God has done this" i.e. "God sanctioned this"

Blame it on God.
Blame God for your evil. Well, some people will go along with it. And others will see through it and REJECT that "God done it".

Last edited by .sparrow.; 06-08-2011 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,465,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"Does God, who created all have the right to do what He pleases?"

Absolutely.... !! And those who think other wise, well, God will show them soon enough.... amen !!!

Blessings
I Tim. 2 says God wills/wants/desires all to be saved. Does he really do what he pleases? If so he could do evil and save all men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity