Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not a single post of yours about gays on this board has been "truth in love". It's been judgemental, condemning, and flat out ignorant. Jesus would be ashamed. You have ignored his most important commandments in favor of legalism to support your own prejudices.
Hear! Hear!

Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
It's no different than being born with the tendency to be an alcoholic, pedophile, or drug addict. The problem is not being born that way, the problem is allowing oneself to indulge in behavior that is contrary to what God wants. I have shared my opinion about this topic on several threads, and justified my thinking on it using the bible as my guide.
This argument is a joke. I wonder what would happen if straight people (especially men) were told that they had to stay celibate their whole lives or marry/only have sex with someone of the same gender??? I wonder what the success rate would be. Probably close to zero.

So we have the typical double standard operating here. Straight people expect gay people to live by a standard that almost none of them could live by if the tables were turned. The hypocrisy is galling.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,309 times
mysticaltyger: actually, several of my friends have chosen to live a celibate life, one of them being a former gay person. This person was a student of mine in a local homeless shelter who gave his life to God and has completely turned away from that lifestyle. He said that he finally feels free and is now ready to serve God without the complications of a deviant lifestyle (his words). The fact is that people can and do live celibate lives and gay people can and do turn away from their lifestyle when God is involved, when God is allowed to change that person and when God is allowed to be in control of their lives rather than us being in control. God can and does change people if they allow Him to do so...I have seen it happen many times.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:00 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
why is this thread here and why is it still continuing?????

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
why is this thread here and why is it still continuing?????
If you don't like it, leave and don't post here.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 AM

33 posts, read 30,986 times
In my opinion being gay is a choice, is it a sin yes because god made a man and a woman but everybody choose to do what they want rather its the right thing to do or the wrong thing. but for everybody that believes that being gay is not a sin or its ok to be that way than i want to see a scripture from the bible stating that.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:34 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,822 times
There was a family member of mine who was gay.

As a young boy not knowing what being gay was?
We knew then...
Against all attempts of his parents.

- He grew to be big strong muscles and handsome.
The golden-god type modles are made of.
Girls who didn't know him, wanted him.
But he never-ever wanted a girl.

But the men, that wanted him?
Could, and did go both ways.
Beause they were not gay.

- Causing much division in this family of four.
The dad drank too much and the mother cared too much.
And the sister hated too much...there was a divorce.

My aunt tried everything to help him in every way he needed.
And it almost killed her. He was in and out of prisons.
Had he not died in an alley of natural causes?
He would have used her up completely.

Her first husband drank himself to death.
But she is in Church now.
As her and her daughter are starting a new relationship
without the anger.

My point is this.
Not everone who has a gay lover, is gay themselves.
They don't start out as a little child gay. As did my cousin.
And they are more likely to turn from sin.

Had this family loved their son with the love of Christ?
It might not have mattered to him.
But it may have saved the rest of their family from him.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:23 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
There was a family member of mine who was gay.

As a young boy not knowing what being gay was?
We knew then...
Against all attempts of his parents.

- He grew to be big strong muscles and handsome.
The golden-god type modles are made of.
Girls who didn't know him, wanted him.
But he never-ever wanted a girl.

But the men, that wanted him?
Could, and did go both ways.
Beause they were not gay.

- Causing much division in this family of four.
The dad drank too much and the mother cared too much.
And the sister hated too much...there was a divorce.

My aunt tried everything to help him in every way he needed.
And it almost killed her. He was in and out of prisons.
Had he not died in an alley of natural causes?
He would have used her up completely.

Her first husband drank himself to death.
But she is in Church now.
As her and her daughter are starting a new relationship
without the anger.

My point is this.
Not everone who has a gay lover, is gay themselves.
They don't start out as a little child gay. As did my cousin.
And they are more likely to turn from sin.

Had this family loved their son with the love of Christ?
It might not have mattered to him.
But it may have saved the rest of their family from him.
Amen.

...I am going to start a new thread about, "What does it mean to love someone with the love of Christ ? to you ?"

Blessing to you,
Verna.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonalexandria21 View Post
In my opinion being gay is a choice, is it a sin yes because god made a man and a woman but everybody choose to do what they want rather its the right thing to do or the wrong thing. but for everybody that believes that being gay is not a sin or its ok to be that way than i want to see a scripture from the bible stating that.
Being gay is not a choice. Anyone who believes such nonsense is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Do Iranian gays choose to be gay, knowing they will be hanged for it? Humans have a strong survival instinct. If it means being executed, and you can just switch it on and off, they would choose to be straight to avoid death.

Ugh anti-gays have such stupid logic.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:30 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,309 times
Quote:
Ugh anti-gays have such stupid logic.
Well, if you can prove that the opposite of this statement "Being gay is not a choice." is true, perhaps some might reconsider....perhaps. So far, no one has proved it, absolutely no one and certainly, none of the Scriptures bear it out, regardless of what some here may assert due to their "superior intellect, training and background".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity