U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,607,285 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Fun thread, Legoman.

Fun and informative! If people would only realize that when Jesus said "hell", He was actually referring to the valley of Hinnom just outside Jerusalem. Jesus was referring to it as a shadow or metaphor for the type of judgment people would go through: burning up garbage, burning up the bad stuff in their life.

So, has anyone here gone to the physical place of Gehenna or even Israel for that matter?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,251,928 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Here is a map of 'hell' - a.k.a. Gehenna:

You can visit it today - I understand it is quite a tourist attraction.
I'm wondering if a person can drink cold beer and smoke a Cuban cigar while touring hell... If so we might even be able to return from hell smelling like hell...lol
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,607,285 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm wondering if a person can drink cold beer and smoke a Cuban cigar while touring hell... If so we might even be able to return from hell smelling like hell...lol
I'm not sure, but since hell (the valley of Hinnom - Gehenna) is a public place, you probably can't drink beer there. You might get arrested...

LOL that would make for a funny story... I got arrested in hell for drinking a beer!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:31 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,251,928 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I'm not sure, but since hell (the valley of Hinnom - Gehenna) is a public place, you probably can't drink beer there. You might get arrested...

LOL that would make for a funny story... I got arrested in hell for drinking a beer!
No beer?!?! No cigars?!?!

What kind of hell is this anyway!! I guess my travel plans are called off! I'll take a cruise instead. I know I can find hell there...

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-15-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,607,285 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
No beer?!?! No cigars?!?!

What kind of hell is this anyway!! I guess my travel plans are called off! I'll take a cruise instead. I know I can find hell there...
Well cigars are probably allowed unless Jerusalem has a no-smoking policy. You might get complaints from the non-smokers though.

(LOL non-smokers in hell! )

Sorry folks my mind is easily amused... I hope people see the point of this all, though...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,251,928 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Well cigars are probably allowed unless Jerusalem has a no-smoking policy. You might get complaints from the non-smokers though.

(LOL non-smokers in hell! )

Sorry folks my mind is easily amused... I hope people see the point of this all, though...
Well then, it's settled. I'll be cruising starboard side with a Cigar and cold one in hand! To hell with hell! I may even venture out onto the sun deck!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: USA
5,065 posts, read 1,741,343 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well then, it's settled. I'll be cruising starboard side with a Cigar and cold one in hand!
The gehenna you will! Not if I'm there. Keep your nasty stogie away from me.

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,251,928 times
Reputation: 320
Here are some very cool pictures of hell. On the Europa no less. The Germans really know how to cruise to hell in style!

MV EUROPA Eastbound | MaritimeMatters | Cruise ship news and ocean liner history

See you all on deck! (I mean hell)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,251,928 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The gehenna you will! Not if I'm there. Keep your nasty stogie away from me.

I'm a southern gentleman. I would never smoke in front of a lady.. Especially in hell

Here is the webcam from hell:

http://www.hayes-media.com/images/WEBCAM/europa.htm

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-15-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,607,285 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Here are some very cool pictures of hell. On the Europa no less. The Germans really know how to cruise to hell in style!

MV EUROPA Eastbound | MaritimeMatters | Cruise ship news and ocean liner history

See you all on deck! (I mean hell)
I think I'm missing the joke. What "hell" are you talking about?

(I was hoping to keep on topic of Gehenna...)
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top