Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:21 PM

672 posts, read 661,368 times

Advertisements

Another popular fable in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per John 10:

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religious world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a fable.

And going to accumulate scriptures with the terms : All, Every, World, whole World and etc, does not help their case, because all those words are just describing the totality of those He did die for.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,210,912 times
I don't understand the point in arguing this. Does it make you feel more special because he died for you and not everyone? I don't get it.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,944,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Another popular fable in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per John 10:

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religious world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a fable.

And going to accumulate scriptures with the terms : All, Every, World, whole World and etc, does not help their case, because all those words are just describing the totality of those He did die for.

Moderator cut: ]delete.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave us His only son that (WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM) will have everlasting life.

WHOSOEVER covers all of us. End of story.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-14-2011 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: attack

Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I don't understand the point in arguing this. Does it make you feel more special because he died for you and not everyone? I don't get it.
This is not about me. Can you deal with the scripture points ?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave us His only son that (WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM) will have everlasting life.

WHOSOEVER covers all of us. End of story.
John 3:16 does not say that Christ died for all men without exception. And whosoever is believing, does not cover all without exception either.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-14-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

9,664 posts, read 9,921,542 times
In Revelations 2: 16-17....Jesus said ...``Repent ; or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth..... ...He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit said...... To him that overcomes will I give to eat of a hidden manna, and I give him a white stone , and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saying he that receives it...``......... See the exception is to thoughs people who overcome the world and hear the Spirit and obey the Word of the Lord .....What is this white stone of manna? ... Its is the Baptism of Holy Spirit with a witness .......

Old 06-14-2011, 06:08 PM

811 posts, read 804,948 times
He only died for those he loves#

those he hates will burn forever*

#everyone

* no one

1 Timothy 4:10 spells it out plain as day, yet the ETers have twisted it to " he only offered salvation to all"

they seem to think think it says 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, whose salvation is offered to all people, and saves exclusively those who believe. but it says 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

that's just one example

Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,970,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
He only died for those he loves#

those he hates will burn forever*

#everyone

* no one

1 Timothy 4:10 spells it out plain as day, yet the ETers have twisted it to " he only offered salvation to all"

they seem to think think it says 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, whose salvation is offered to all people, and saves exclusively those who believe. but it says 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

that's just one example
Savior of all people means just that. He is the ONLY savior for all! This does NOT mean that all are saved. One MUST ACCEPT HIM AS LORD AND SAVIOR. It is plain. Savior for all IF THEY CHOSE CHRIST.

Those who believe are the exclusive. This means those who believe the full word of God. Every word. If we are partial believers we can't be believers. Those who believe in the word of God have faith in every word .

Those that believe are the ones who are his church. We cannot reject some of the word for if we do we reject Jesus Christ. How can one believe just some and whatever they chose to believe? That is not a believer with faith in Jesus and what he said.

Do not be fooled.

It is written.. a warning from the word of God. To know the word and believe it fully.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,919,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Eph 5:

Nice quote . Fits in well with your God hating threads...

Luk 14:26 `If any one doth come unto me, and doth not hate his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, and yet even his own life, he is not able to be my disciple;

And, here we see the true meaning of the term hate. The word Even (the Greek word: καθώς) defines it is being in the same way, according and equivalent to how Christ loves the Church. EVEN as Christ loved the Church.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

This proves without doubt that Jesus LOVES the Church, EVEN as we hate our wifes and as God hates Esau!

Praise God for hating my friend .

Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,398,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I don't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.