Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM

143 posts, read 365,696 times

Advertisements

Please don't resign yourself to living in a bad world.

Even if you interpret Revelation very literally, no one (except God) knows when that's going to happpen, it could be a million years from now. Don't let your world languish just because it's destined to end one day.

You can tell others about Jesus, inspire the depressed, help feed the hungry, set up a citizens on patrol program in your neighborhood, or work with at-risk youth.

I know God has blessed you with wonderful gifts and characteristics, give back and help Him bless others!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM

143 posts, read 365,696 times
I'm sick of people talking about "end times" like they know when the end is. If you can be out there, anywhere, helping others and spreading God's love, then by all means please do it. Some people arn't so fortunate.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM

672 posts, read 665,070 times
Default It is the end times !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
I'm sick of people talking about "end times" like they know when the end is. If you can be out there, anywhere, helping others and spreading God's love, then by all means please do it. Some people arn't so fortunate.
It is the end times, no one knows the day nor hour is true, but it is still the end times, I believe this is the last generation of the church that will be alive when He comes. 1 Thess 4:15

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

By the word of the Lord, there has been decreed by God, that some of the Church will be remaining and alive on earth unto the coming of the Lord. I believe its this generation of Saints.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 AM

869 posts, read 971,776 times
Not knowing the exact hour and day doesn't mean that we are totally at loss in reference to the season of his coming. After all, he did go out of his way to provide us with indicators that would help us identify that particular time.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Not knowing the exact hour and day doesn't mean that we are totally at loss in reference to the season of his coming. After all, he did go out of his way to provide us with indicators that would help us identify that particular time.
Yes, I saw yesterday that something unusual was happening in the Sun. If I can relocate the article I will post it, but it immediatelty reminded me of Lk 21:25

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Old 06-16-2011, 12:11 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,720,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
RESPONSE:

Despite supposedly being divine, Jesus lacked the divine knowledge regarding the Second Coming but taught, as did Paul, that it would occur in his generation.

Matt 24:36 " ‘But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (NRSV)

Matt 10:23 "When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. (NRSV)

1 Thes 4:15 "For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died" (NRSV)

Apologists try to change the plain meaning of word in the above passages, so Jesus and Paul are not shown to have been wrong.

But the plain meaning of words proves otherwise.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
Please don't resign yourself to living in a bad world.

Even if you interpret Revelation very literally, no one (except God) knows when that's going to happpen, it could be a million years from now. Don't let your world languish just because it's destined to end one day.

You can tell others about Jesus, inspire the depressed, help feed the hungry, set up a citizens on patrol program in your neighborhood, or work with at-risk youth.

I know God has blessed you with wonderful gifts and characteristics, give back and help Him bless others!
Jesus has already come for the second time. And, as before, no one is listening to Him. They are still worshipping a book and worrying about the material aspects of life to realize that His Love, along with God's, is working to uplift the planet to the place it's supposed to be. They have both been doing it for 2000 years and like the pharasees, people are only "seeing" what they want to see and "hearing" what they want to hear instead of listening to that still small voice inside.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 AM

I read something yesterday about the moon being red like blood !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity