Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 01:10 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,643,823 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be wonderful if father's had God's character.
I think that is a wonderful goal to be a father like God is our father. To have your children feel free to call you Abba father. To be compassionate, loving, caring, forgiveing, long-suffering, patience and kind. God watches over us at all times, allows us to make mistakes and lovingly corrects us and puts us on the right path. He listens and thinks about us all day long. He knows us so well. He walks with us and guides us. He helps us with our given gifts and talents and helps to point us in the right direction.
God never sleeps or slumbers which I guess as humans we all need. Sometimes it seems like the job is so big being a parent but it is comforting that we can call on God to help us be good mom's and dad's to our children he gave to us to be a blessing.
I know not everyone had the best parents and as parents we all fail but get up and keep trying again. Always ask for God's help...
My dad who is going on 91 now, inspires me to have a deeper walk with God. He's such a blessing and I'm so thankful for every moment that I spend with him. He studies his Bible for about two hours a day and puts me to shame sometimes how much he knows. He says the more he studies the more this all makes sense.
All you fathers have a blessed day today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity