Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

The Father - Son relationship between the First and Second Persons of the trinity is an anthropopathism - language of accommodation within a plan.

I'm not going to give any commentary, but I just wanted to post this lesson which explains why God the Father indwells the believer. Jesus Christ and God the Holy Spirit also indwell the believer, but this lesson is about God the Father. It also explains the relationship between God the Father and God the Son (and God the Holy Spirit) which is the real reason I posted it. Other Bible studies are available as well. If you're interested, here it is.

Lesson 18 - Indwelling of God the Father
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 07:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Father - Son relationship between the First and Second Persons of the trinity is an anthropopathism - language of accommodation within a plan.

I'm not going to give any commentary, but I just wanted to post this lesson which explains why God the Father indwells the believer. Jesus Christ and God the Holy Spirit also indwell the believer, but this lesson is about God the Father. It also explains the relationship between God the Father and God the Son (and God the Holy Spirit) which is the real reason I posted it. Other Bible studies are available as well. If you're interested, here it is.

Lesson 18 - Indwelling of God the Father
Excerpt from link:
"There are no direct statements in Scripture to tell us exactly what this purpose encompasses."

Yet you can base a whole doctrine on it nonetheless!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:05 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Excerpt from link:
"There are no direct statements in Scripture to tell us exactly what this purpose encompasses."

The egos and "precepts and doctrines of men" know no bounds, Kat.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Holy Mother of God, am I ever freaked out?!! I looked at your link Mike and it's pretty darn freaky. Oh my goodness, where do you get this stuff?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:14 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Great link Mike I know the Lord will use it to open hearts.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,721,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Excerpt from link:

RESPONSE:

Much of this is contradictory. The First Person of the Blessed Trinity in "unbegotten." The Second is "begotten." The Third "proceeds" from the Father (Eastern Orthodox), or from the Father and the Son (Catholic).

However, they are really "co-equal."

Does anybody is a logical flaw here?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Much of this is contradictory. The First Person of the Blessed Trinity in "unbegotten." The Second is "begotten." The Third "proceeds" from the Father (Eastern Orthodox), or from the Father and the Son (Catholic).

However, they are really "co-equal."

Does anybody is a logical flaw here?
You fail to distinquish between the nature of God and the plan of God. In their nature, all three Persons are co-equal and co-eternal. In the plan of God, each Person of the Godhead agreed to fulfill His respective part in the plan. This means that Jesus agreed to come into the world as a man and submit Himself to the will of the Father and go to the cross. The Holy Spirit agreed to among other things, be the power, the energizer of the believers spiritual life. Each Person of the Godhead has His part in the plan of salvation for man.

The deity of Christ was not generated by the Father. Nor was the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Thanks ILNC. I'm sure there are those who will understand the relationship between the Persons of the Godhead. I am equally sure that there are many who will never understand. They have hardened their hearts against the truth and can only fall for the lie.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Are you serious? Did you even read the "link"?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Are you serious? Did you even read the "link"?
Yes I am serious, it's a great link. Try reading it again with your spiritual eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity