U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM
 
624 posts, read 899,919 times
Reputation: 200

Advertisements

I'd like to ask all Christian believers here whether you expect to have better communication with God in heaven vs the one you have here on earth.

The Christians in my circle definitely expect things to be better once they get to heaven. They say that when they get there, they'll speak with God and get answers to all their questions. Everything will be made well.

However, I'm somewhat baffled but this expectation. After all, should not there be somewhat similar relationship with God in the here and now?

Since the believers are a new creation, having the Spirit of Christ in them who enables better understanding of the spiritual things a believer should be pretty set in *this* life, should they not?
1 Corinthians 2:13-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one.



Why does God want believers to die physically before He starts responding to all questions in a clear and concise manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 AM
 
Location: AR/KY
28 posts, read 55,999 times
Reputation: 32
I believe when we get to heaven, we will all understand everything we question now, I don't think God will have to tell us anything, we will just know. While on earth and hear of Gods saving grace, we believe it true by faith, then by reading His word and praying to God to instruct us in His ways, and allowing God to guide us, we allow Him to teach us His ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:20 AM
 
624 posts, read 899,919 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleGrouch View Post
I believe when we get to heaven, we will all understand everything we question now, I don't think God will have to tell us anything, we will just know. While on earth and hear of Gods saving grace, we believe it true by faith, then by reading His word and praying to God to instruct us in His ways, and allowing God to guide us, we allow Him to teach us His ways.
So, in other words, you believe that God will change you somehow so that you have a totally different perspective on life, something that you currently do not have?

So, what does being "born again" mean?

One needs to have a born again *again* experience once they die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,589,664 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
Christians, do you expect better communication with God in heaven?
I do. I expect that in heaven, seeing through a glass darkly will give way to seeing through a glass clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,589,664 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
Why does God want believers to die physically before He starts responding to all questions in a clear and concise manner?
We have no choice in our mortality, and after death is when the veil is lifted. The physical world is that veil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
 
624 posts, read 899,919 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
We have no choice in our mortality, and after death is when the veil is lifted. The physical world is that veil.
I notice you did not provide any Scripture to back that up.

In the scripture, the 'veil' is the Law of Moses.

2 Cor. 3:15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM
 
6,418 posts, read 9,926,828 times
Reputation: 7934
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Why does God want believers to die physically before He starts responding to all questions in a clear and concise manner?
Because he wants us to walk by faith, and not by sight.

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.


Earth is merely a test of sorts. I believe that God wants us to walk by faith because he wants to test us to see if our belief is truly real. There are many people on Earth who believe they cannot worship a God they cannot see or his evidence. Many people have left the faith because of this. But that's hilarious to me because we (as human beings) are living evidence of a God and Earth and all it's beauty and splendor is the supreme evidence. And besides that, sometimes God takes you out of your body to see Heaven or Hell or events of the future to testify to other believers and strengthen their faith and bring others to him. I've read MANY testimonies of people that have been to Heaven and told other believers of the wonders there. You never know WHAT God has in store. That's why he says to walk by faith. Just this year, I've received a few visions of the supernatural in dreams and prayer. I've been a believer my WHOLE life but I have never seen Jesus or seen anything supernatural. He gave me a rapture dream and I seen his body and briefly his face for the first time EVER. If you stay steadfast in the faith, God WILL reveal to you much in the spirit. For some people, they get to experience it quite often. That's because they have a special job of testifying to other people to strengthen their faith. But others don't need it. They are made to walk this Earth by faith and faith alone. But that doesn't mean they can't feel the presence of God. Every believer can feel the things of the supernatural and in the spirit but sometimes we are not allowed to see it. When we get to Heaven, all our answers and questions will be known finally because we stayed strong in the faith on Earth and having all of life's questions and answers will be just one of many different rewards that Jesus will give to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
 
8,084 posts, read 7,042,052 times
Reputation: 1427
God Does give His Children all the understanding and wisdom for their Callings and their day to day interactions ...... but Christian must first be Born Again, baptized in the Holy Spirit as Sheep or Children of the God ..... They need to talk and pray to the Lord most of the time or as often as they can every day and all night when they wake up .......They must be willing reject legalism into the Word of God so Jesus Spirit can give His wisdom into the Word ..... They must be willing to resist sin and give to the Charity of Jesus Works to show selflessness and they need to obey what Jesus spirit says to resist to rationalism of antichrist, they need to reject the pride nature and Give God his Glory..... they must believe in faith at all times ..... In Heaven there is No sin so there will be no need to resist sin if there is no sin to resist. so communication will be greater as you in Heaven will belong to The Lord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 AM
 
624 posts, read 899,919 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Because he wants us to walk by faith, and not by sight.

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.


Earth is merely a test of sorts. I believe that God wants us to walk by faith because he wants to test us to see if our belief is truly real. There are many people on Earth who believe they cannot worship a God they cannot see or his evidence. Many people have left the faith because of this. But that's hilarious to me because we (as human beings) are living evidence of a God and Earth and all it's beauty and splendor is the supreme evidence. And besides that, sometimes God takes you out of your body to see Heaven or Hell or events of the future to testify to other believers and strengthen their faith and bring others to him. I've read MANY testimonies of people that have been to Heaven and told other believers of the wonders there. You never know WHAT God has in store. That's why he says to walk by faith. Just this year, I've received a few visions of the supernatural in dreams and prayer. I've been a believer my WHOLE life but I have never seen Jesus or seen anything supernatural. He gave me a rapture dream and I seen his body and briefly his face for the first time EVER. If you stay steadfast in the faith, God WILL reveal to you much in the spirit. For some people, they get to experience it quite often. That's because they have a special job of testifying to other people to strengthen their faith. But others don't need it. They are made to walk this Earth by faith and faith alone. But that doesn't mean they can't feel the presence of God. Every believer can feel the things of the supernatural and in the spirit but sometimes we are not allowed to see it. When we get to Heaven, all our answers and questions will be known finally because we stayed strong in the faith on Earth and having all of life's questions and answers will be just one of many different rewards that Jesus will give to us.
You know, it has been bothering me lately. Why does God show Himself as One Being in the Bible, but the reality of our daily life requires faith and not sight (or objective experience).

And you only quoted Paul's verse. But the Bible not only talks about walking by faith, it also makes other promises.

Mark 9:22...“It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” 23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” 24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”



Matt. 18:19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

John 14:14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John 16:23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Matt. 17:20...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Now, with these words, Jesus did not simply said what you implied (i.e. that one should believe no matter what you SEE is happening). Instead, Jesus made some speciffic promises and pumped His listeners to expect the impossible to be possible.

"You think moving mountains is impossible? Well, think AGAIN. Jesus is here!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 AM
 
624 posts, read 899,919 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God Does give His Children all the understanding and wisdom for their Callings and their day to day interactions ...... but Christian must first be Born Again, baptized in the Holy Spirit as Sheep or Children of the God ..... They need to talk and pray to the Lord most of the time or as often as they can every day and all night when they wake up .......They must be willing reject legalism into the Word of God so Jesus Spirit can give His wisdom into the Word ..... They must be willing to resist sin and give to the Charity of Jesus Works to show selflessness and they need to obey what Jesus spirit says to resist to rationalism of antichrist, they need to reject the pride nature and Give God his Glory..... they must believe in faith at all times ..... In Heaven there is No sin so there will be no need to resist sin if there is no sin to resist. so communication will be greater as you in Heaven will belong to The Lord
Thanks for your response. Two questions for you, if I may.

are YOU that Christian, as you are describing?
if so, what is possible to you that is not possible for an unbeliever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top