Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,990,472 times

Advertisements

And if so, is it only witchcraft when humans do it? Or does God require human sacrifice (as in, he required the blood of Jesus in order to forgive mankind)??? I personally don't see the cross of Christ in that way, rather, I see it as that humanity is in such a bind (for a purpose) that Christ was willing to lay down his life to bring us back to our heavenly Father, not to appease his fury.

Today I was listening to one of the podcasts I listen to on occasion and they had a story on human sacrifice that grieved me to hear about. There is a lot of stuff in this world that grieves me terribly. So sometimes I just have to turn my thoughts away from all the horrible stuff that is going on. Another reason I don't believe in ET is because this present world has more than enough hell already.

Here's the link to the story -- it is a report about people in Nigeria forcing women to breed babies to sell to those practicing witchcraft. Caution: Do not watch this if you are weak in spirit or depressed.

YouTube - ‪Babies Sold, Sacrificed For Witchcraft‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM

9,672 posts, read 9,952,113 times
People who have abortions will have the sin of witchcraft on their table before the Lord as witchcraft is any sin that is out of the will and Word of God through Lord Jesus..... People who go out in strange land and go and blow then selves up and hurt other people to appease the god is witchcraft ...... Jesus was killed by the carnal dark spirit and God avenged his death and blood and who ever believes in Jesus will be saved , and or healed by the whip that Jesus took by the carnal spirited Romans , as an avenge by the Lord against this dark spirit..... The Lord said vengeance is mine ...... at the over turning of the money changers in the temple Jesus right after went out and healed the blind and lame people .... from Matthew 21:12-14..... Jesus avenged the sin of the money changers and brought life to the people

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,118,515 times
Hi Heartsong,
You raise several significant points.
I didn't watch that link... because it looks to heartbreaking, & I take things too heart, as if I experience them. When I've watched similar things in documentaries etc., they haunt my mind for too long.
I think the answer is education... it will help prevent horrific supersititions like this, as well as prevent disease, & open up many possibilities to view.

I don't know much about witchcraft - except that a few I've come across, that've called themselves witches, seem like they are just really into nature & natural cures - mixed with supersition.
There are some groups (maybe Satanic but I'm not sure) who believe in & perform animal sacrifice.

About the belief in Jesus being sacrificed... I don't like the idea of human sacrifice, nor the idea of scapegoating.
IMO, they have NOTHING to do with spirituality, & are twisted teachings, that stunt our spiritual progress.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Hi Heartsong,
You raise several significant points.
I didn't watch that link... because it looks to heartbreaking, & I take things too heart, as if I experience them. When I've watched similar things in documentaries etc., they haunt my mind for too long.
I think the answer is education... it will help prevent horrific supersititions like this, as well as prevent disease, & open up many possibilities to view.

I don't know much about witchcraft - except that a few I've come across, that've called themselves witches, seem like they are just really into nature & natural cures - mixed with supersition.
There are some groups (maybe Satanic but I'm not sure) who believe in & perform animal sacrifice.

About the belief in Jesus being sacrificed... I don't like the idea of human sacrifice, nor the idea of scapegoating.
IMO, they have NOTHING to do with spirituality, & are twisted teachings, that stunt our spiritual progress.
Supersoul -

Thanks for your "take" on this topic. My point was that I think when people view the cross as something God demanded for his appeasement, they have missed the symbolism and true meaning of the cross.

Peace -
Heartsong

Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus was killed by the carnal dark spirit and God avenged his death and blood
On this we agree.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM

63,484 posts, read 39,764,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Thanks for your "take" on this topic. My point was that I think when people view the cross as something God demanded for his appeasement, they have missed the symbolism and true meaning of the cross.
Peace -
Heartsong
Amen! Can't rep either of you.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,238,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus was killed by the carnal dark spirit and God avenged his death and blood ...and brought life to the people
...through raising him from the dead.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,118,515 times
Thanks Heartsong, MysticPHd & Jerwade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Supersoul -

Peace -
Heartsong
I agree, Heartsong.
The thing with symbolism is that there seems to be no end to meaning!
It's all in perspective, of which there are an infinite number of.

Some possible symbolic interpretations of Jesus' death on the cross are...
-2 theives crucified on each side of Jesus represent our approach - either humble or pridefull
-When Jesus cried, "My God, why has thou forsaken me?" - Maybe is when we expose our "shadow" selves that we try to hide... or maybe it's simply an inability to believe in God.
What do you think, Heartsong?
-The whole act of dying is symbolic every day as day turns into night... Spiritually, this might represent dying to old beliefs to make room for new ones.

I imagine there are many insights into symbolic meaning we could gather from the story of Jesus' life, death & resurrection.
I'd be interested to know yours & others' interpretations or insights.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,238,646 times
There are examples of human sacrifices detested by God:

2 Chronicles 33:6

"And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and
used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger."

Fear mongers seize upon their own understanding of human sacrifice through the cruci-fiction, as evidence for their claims of being righteous.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,413,303 times
Hey Heartsong...God was definitely appeasing His unchanging law by giving up Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. But in the Law, it was the Lamb that appeased this, but Jesus being the Lamb, was the ultimate symbolic representation thereof that took it all away, forever. The Law He gave Israel had to be fulfilled, and in did, in Christ, and through that, the world as it was supposed to be, had benefited from. Any other human sacrifice is outright wrong, becuase it is not the Messiah. Just my take.

Matt 19 and Mark 18 ring a bell about the kids.....IOW...don't touch them, they are His.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity