Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Do you know that for absolute certain? How can Love demand sacrifice from Love? Love doesn't need a sacrifice. All love needs is love. In order to correct our own mistakes, we have to learn all over again the Love that we are.

I'm awake, are you?
Yes, I know that for certain because the Bible tells me so and I accept it as the revealed word of the Living God. Apparently, you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 07:02 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, I know that for certain because the Bible tells me so and I accept it as the revealed word of the Living God. Apparently, you don't.
Romans 16:17-20 King James Version (KJV)

"17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen."

Old 06-26-2011, 01:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
So you listen to a bunch of men who rewrote and rewrote a book. Good to know.

You honestly believe that Love needs some kind of sacrifice? Love is who we are. Have you forgotten? To get back to our original state of perfection, we have to return to the love that we are. How can a sacrifice do that for you? It's impossible since you are love and it's only up to you to return to that love.

God is within you if you would just listen to Him. No book is necessary. I do believe it says that in your book. Why don't you follow that advice since it was Jesus who told you to look within? Yet, you still look in the book. I'm confused. Do you or do you not believe the bible. If so, wouldn't you follow Jesus' advice and go within yourself instead of relying on a book that's been altered from it's original state? Makes no sense to me but you do what you want.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
So you listen to a bunch of men who rewrote and rewrote a book. Good to know.

You honestly believe that Love needs some kind of sacrifice? Love is who we are. Have you forgotten? To get back to our original state of perfection, we have to return to the love that we are. How can a sacrifice do that for you? It's impossible since you are love and it's only up to you to return to that love.

God is within you if you would just listen to Him. No book is necessary. I do believe it says that in your book. Why don't you follow that advice since it was Jesus who told you to look within? Yet, you still look in the book. I'm confused. Do you or do you not believe the bible. If so, wouldn't you follow Jesus' advice and go within yourself instead of relying on a book that's been altered from it's original state? Makes no sense to me but you do what you want.

Yes, I listen to the words in a book.

What do you listen to? Or, I think more correctly...WHO do you listen to? Aren't you a follower of the "channeled" Jesus?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Yes, I listen to the words in a book.

What do you listen to? Or, I think more correctly...WHO do you listen to? Aren't you a follower of the "channeled" Jesus?
Yes, I am, among other resources. In the days of Jesus and the apostles, it was very common for them to channel spirits. Even Jesus did it. What you have to know is how to discern Truth from lies by taking it to the heart and pondering it. If it doesn't speak of Love then it must be ignored. Even the spirits whom we channel will tell us to not believe every spirit unless they are of God. Your bible tells you the same thing in the book of John. I believe it says something like, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world". Remember, channeling has to go through the mind of the medium. It's not 100% accurate.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
instead of relying on a book that's been altered from it's original state? Makes no sense to me but you do what you want.

You're suggesting that the God of creation had the power, the authority and the will to reveal Himself to us through the inspired written word, but lacked the power to preserve it over the centuries? He couldn't stop men from corrupting His word?

You're right..it makes no sense.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
You're suggesting that the God of creation had the power, the authority and the will to reveal Himself to us through the inspired written word, but lacked the power to preserve it over the centuries? He couldn't stop men from corrupting His word?

You're right..it makes no sense.
Yes, God had the power but remember, God gave man free will to do as they so wish. God will not ever interfere with that so He allowed it to be altered.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am, among other resources. In the days of Jesus and the apostles, it was very common for them to channel spirits. Even Jesus did it. What you have to know is how to discern Truth from lies by taking it to the heart and pondering it. If it doesn't speak of Love then it must be ignored. Even the spirits whom we channel will tell us to not believe every spirit unless they are of God. Your bible tells you the same thing in the book of John. I believe it says something like, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world". Remember, channeling has to go through the mind of the medium. It's not 100% accurate.
I believe in the words of a book written over about a 1500 year time span (40 generations), by more than 40 different authors, from all walks of life, stations and circumstances on 3 different continents and in 3 different languages. It contains roughly 300 prophesies fulfilled in the life and works of Jesus Christ who, himself, did something like 37 recorded miracles. It's a book which validates itself, does not contradict itself, and teaches the same, basic message of sin and redemption through the shed blood of a perfect sacrifice from beginning to end. Through it, billions have found salvation. No other book in human history can even comes close to it.

YOU believe in the words of a man who claims to be channeling the spirit of Christ without any validation whatsoever, without any proof that he's channeling anything or that the messenger really is Jesus, revealing a message contrary to established Christianity, which has existed now for more than 2000 years, and you chide ME because of the basis of MY beliefs?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I believe in the words of a book written over about a 1500 year time span (40 generations), by more than 40 different authors, from all walks of life, stations and circumstances on 3 different continents and in 3 different languages. It contains roughly 300 prophesies fulfilled in the life and works of Jesus Christ who, himself, did something like 37 recorded miracles. It's a book which validates itself, does not contradict itself, and teaches the same, basic message of sin and redemption through the shed blood of a perfect sacrifice from beginning to end. Through it, billions have found salvation. No other book in human history can even comes close to it.

YOU believe in the words of a man who claims to be channeling the spirit of Christ without any validation whatsoever, without any proof that he's channeling anything or that the messenger really is Jesus, revealing a message contrary to established Christianity, which has existed now for more than 2000 years, and you chide ME because of the basis of MY beliefs?
Jesus isn't the only one who is being channeled. We have beings from Adam and Eve all through to current people like Marilyn Monroe and a few presidents and queens as well as other Celestial angels. On another site, there are Magisterial Sons, midwayers (secondary and primary) and even ones from other planets. On another site, there are channelings from our planetary prince, Machiventa Melchizedek (He's in the bible as well). All these beings either correct or confirm what has been written about them throughout history. They would pretty much have authority on thier own lives. The point is, the messenger doesn't matter. What matters is, is it about Love, understanding, compassion, forgiveness, Truth, Beauty and Goodness, mercy, kindness, tolerance, hope, faith, togetherness and brotherhood. That is the basis for those messages and when you read your bible, and take out all that is negative, you'd have a pretty good book. However, you people claim that the entire book is to be believed and yet I cannot fathom, or comprehend, why an absolute Divine Being such as God would even consider destroying that which He created. It's way beyond me but you can believe in all that if you want. Love does not demand any sacrifice. Love only commands when used properly. To demand is to control. To command is to work with. Big difference.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Yes, John told us to try the spirits, then told us exactly how to do it:

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Notice that every spirit which confesseth Jesus Christ came in the flesh is from God, and any which don't, aren't.

The name Jesus, in the Greek, literally means Jehova is Salvation. It is defined as, among other things, God incarnate. The word Christ means anointed. Jesus the man was just a good teacher, but Jesus the anointed, son of the Living God, God himself in human form, came to us in the flesh to give us eternal life, if we will accept it.

Now, using John's standard for determining whether or not the spirit we're listening to is from God, consider this:

I was not different from other men, except that I possessed to a degree this Love of God, which made me free from sin, and prevented the evils that formed a part of the nature of men from becoming a part of my nature. No man who believes that I am God has a knowledge of the truth, or is obeying the commandments of God by worshiping me. Such worshippers are blaspheming and are doing the cause of God and my teachings great injury.

Jesus is not God or to be worshiped as God. Explains his mission

Is that confirming that Jesus Christ, God incarnate, came in the flesh or is it denying that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity