Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times

Advertisements

One of my favorite verses in Judges is "will not the judge of the world do right." I guess I don't have a need to explain every little detail of life. I think of myself as the clay and God as the potter. I'm not required to have everything figured out. I'm thankful to the creator and trust that He has the best plan worked our for me and the world. I trust His word and see from the OT to the New that things all make sense. My dad at almost 91 who studies hours a day in the Word says that the more he knows the more it all makes sense to him...that encourages me in my walk.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Jesus never condemned anybody BUT the religious leaders of the day.
Moderator cut: orphaned
Prove it ?.

Have you forgiven the world ?(this should answer your question)..Do you think when the man Christ Jesus said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do",that His Father refused to ?. The believer is of the same spirit that uttered "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". God is not trying to get follk to be forgiven, He wants them to know that they are forgiven.

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, NOT counting men’s sins against them 2 Cor 5:19

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us.

I am against the system of fundamental christianity not the people whose minds are affected by it, i want them to be set free from it, just like i and many others have been.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-26-2011 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am against the system of fundamental christianity not the people whose minds are affected by it, i want them to be set free from it, just like i and many others have been.

Bless your heart, Paul ... I know that you mean this. I know that those who are still in it can't appreciate what you're saying at the moment, but they aren't the only ones whom your posts are for, imho.

The coming out process can be long and tiresome. One may think they are free of it only to discover that not all of the poison has been flushed out of one's system... that's been my experience at any rate. Coming here, reading posts of those who are also coming out from under it and may be further along in the process is more helpful than perhaps you are aware. So ... I just want to say thank you for your perseverance.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I'm still waiting for a verse that specifically says......"God is fair".

Being that there isn't such a verse the balance of what katjonjj thinks is profound isn't scriptural.
You quoted them in your OP.
2 Thes 1:6 God is just...
Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust

From dictionary.com:

just
adjective
1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
synonyms
1. upright; equitable, fair, impartial

fair
adjective
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
idiom
30. fair and square,
a. honestly; justly; straightforwardly: He won the race fair and square.
b. honest; just; straightforward: He was admired for being fair and square in all his dealing

If you want to argue that God is not fair, be my guest. By implication you will also be arguing He is not honest, truthful, just, or righteous.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:02 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I'm still waiting for a verse that specifically says......"God is fair".

Being that there isn't such a verse the balance of what katjonjj thinks is profound isn't scriptural.
Twin... You seem to think God isn't fair because he saves some and tortures others. UR teaches ALL men are lost and ALL those who are lost will be found.

Why do you want to prove God is unfair?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-26-2011 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: restored previous deleted sentence

Old 06-26-2011, 01:12 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times
Default Thank you for the confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen.

For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone. - Romans 11:32
I remember studying that verse and reading several translations, I came to see that all are lost and to extent salvation to all, then that's Gods way of doing it. He allowed Adam and Eve to fall...and all mankind, so that all could be saved.............. In one translation I read that God allowed corruption to come on all mankind, so that then He could save all mankind. Until God tells me different I believe All means All, if I am wrong He will explain it to me somehow someway. He has made it clear to me about corruption, I see it in all men. ALL men can do better, when they turn to God, they do a lot better.
I see that too. The nations that serve God do better also. I see that too. South Korea and China are turing to God. The USA needs to turn to God. We all can see that also.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Moderator cut: suggestion

Guys, please just report the posts.
We often do not fix it immediately but will eventually be able to do so because we have real lives same as you do and can't spend every minute here

When you report then answer that post you are defeating the purpose and are in fact contributing to whatever you reported and then we have to edit or delete lots of posts and often issue lots of warnings and infractions.

Not to mention that tempers begin to flare and insults are tossed back and forth.

Thank you for your cooperation

Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
But, wouldn't that necessarily entail the experience of being judged by God for what we've done? After all, punishment can't be levied without a judgment first being made, right?
If you violate God's law of Gravity and endure the consequences of doing so . . . did you need to be judged first? Your actions and their consequences "judged" you. Why do you think His spiritual Laws are any different?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You quoted them in your OP.
2 Thes 1:6 God is just...
Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust

From dictionary.com:

just
adjective
1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
synonyms
1. upright; equitable, fair, impartial

fair
adjective
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
idiom
30. fair and square,
a. honestly; justly; straightforwardly: He won the race fair and square.
b. honest; just; straightforward: He was admired for being fair and square in all his dealing

If you want to argue that God is not fair, be my guest. By implication you will also be arguing He is not honest, truthful, just, or righteous.
Lets see whose being consistent about just =fair.
I claim God is just in these verses....... do you?

1. "God is righteous in everything he does" Daniel 9:14
Righteous or not righteous (fair or not fair) .....> "God is on everyone who looks to him, but his great anger is against all who forsake him.Ezra 8:22

true or false ....> "God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day." Psalm 7:11

2. "Every word of God is flawless" Proverbs 30:5
flawless or flawed: ........> "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them." John 3:36

flawless or flawed:.....>"God is a consuming fire, a jealous God" Deuteronomy 4:24

I don't imply anything.

God's love is undeserving love. Rather, we all have gone astray and deserve wrath and punishment. The transition of God's wrath on humans to God's love for human's is unfair, as David professed about himself:
"If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand." Psalm 130:3

In that light it's not "fair" that He became our sin in exchange His perfection\Holiness and not keep a record of sin.

Therefore it is only but "fair" that when the exchange is rejected by a person that God keeps the record of sin.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Twin... You seem to think God isn't fair because he saves some and tortures others. UR teaches ALL men are lost and ALL those who are lost will be found.
My point in the post was to ask why the OP wishes God to be proven unfair.

So let me rephrase... Why would anyone want God to be unfair/unjust?

Last edited by katjonjj; 06-26-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity