Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 AM

380 posts, read 1,229,790 times

Advertisements

I became a believer on 10-10-10, im 25 and my wife became one in march of 2011.

I grew up without a father, and in somewhat of a abusiver family. nothing sexually, just verbally and sometimes physically. god knows everything and looking at my family my mom died in 06 at 38 and my 2 younger sisters are such a mess there 23 and 19. why did god choose me? im not complaining, its such a great blessing for having jesus. and trusting him... I would die for him just as he did for me. my question is this, why am I the only believer in my family? my family has a long history of evil it seems like. but I find my self here as the only believer. I dont know why he "choose" me. but im glad he did. im trying to work on my little sister.

God is so great so merciful and grateful toward me. I feel like im special to him. and I HATE when I sin and it dissapoints me. Im trying to be the best man for Jesus, and trust him. but its hard at times.

God has blessed me so great that I can never repay it back. does anyone on here feel so blessed but yet they dont know how to repay him? you cant repay it can you? I just believe and live the way he wants me too and pray and thank him everyday. but sometimes I feel that I dont repay him enough and that dissapoints me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 AM

589 posts, read 1,560,089 times
Jamerschris,

I'm so glad you have become a believer. God calls you out for a purpose. Now that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you must get baptized by water immersion, and repent. Repentance means to change your ways and refrain from sin. Sin is the transgression of God's Law which is the 10 Commandments... that includes keeping the 4th on the Sabbath and the 7 Feasts of the Lord. You can do research on the internet and made an in depth study on this subject.

Here's a good collection of booklets to help you on your new life in Christ: Booklets | www.tomorrowsworld.org

Do you know God is working out his plan in dealing with mankind over a 7000-year period? We are to keep the Sabbath to be reminded of this plan. For the first 6000 years God is allowing man to govern himself; it is through spiritual emptiness and physical agony, mankind is writing the lesson in human suffering that man's ways without God always turn out to be wrong. Having learned this lesson, humanity will be far more ready to listen genuinely when God does open their minds and hearts to his Truth.

The next 1000 years under the Kingdom of God will be a time of peace, love, and harmony... a stark contrast to the 6000 years of strife as a result of humanity living in sin. This 7000 years history will serve as a memorial so that we will never forget the lesson for all eternity!

At this time God calls out only a few people in preparation for the next phase of his plan, the 1000 years under the rule of Jesus Christ. The Church is "ekklesia" in Greek, meaning the "called out ones." The true Christians were chosen since the foundation of this World to become kings and priests to rule the humans on earth for 1000 years. Rev 1:6, Rev 5:10

Jesus said: "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day" -John 6:44. The 'last day' is the end of man's allotted 6000 years of ruling himself. The Apostle Paul wrote: "For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called" (1Cor 1:26).

Isn't that awesome? We are destined to become the administrators in the Government of God that is soon to be set up here on earth! Being a Christian is not simply just joining a church, but rather, it is a matter of being fully surrendered to God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and keeping all the 10 Commandments!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Congrats! It is wonderful that you have been saved!

Continue to pray and read your bible in searching for God's purpose in yourlife. He will reveal his purpose and direction for you as your faith grows and as he feels you are ready to hear it!

It sounds like your life has been filled with a lot of tribulation as well, which I am very sorry to hear.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
I became a believer on 10-10-10, im 25 and my wife became one in march of 2011.

I grew up without a father, and in somewhat of a abusiver family. nothing sexually, just verbally and sometimes physically. god knows everything and looking at my family my mom died in 06 at 38 and my 2 younger sisters are such a mess there 23 and 19. why did god choose me? im not complaining, its such a great blessing for having jesus. and trusting him... I would die for him just as he did for me. my question is this, why am I the only believer in my family? my family has a long history of evil it seems like. but I find my self here as the only believer. I dont know why he "choose" me. but im glad he did. im trying to work on my little sister.

God is so great so merciful and grateful toward me. I feel like im special to him. and I HATE when I sin and it dissapoints me. Im trying to be the best man for Jesus, and trust him. but its hard at times.

God has blessed me so great that I can never repay it back. does anyone on here feel so blessed but yet they dont know how to repay him? you cant repay it can you? I just believe and live the way he wants me too and pray and thank him everyday. but sometimes I feel that I dont repay him enough and that dissapoints me.
they're still young,so give them time.God always has a plan,and it seems He has started with you.
and you can never do enough to repay God,and He doesn't ask that of us anyway. so stop guilting yourself and be content with knowing you are doing the best you can.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
First of all, congratulations!!! You and your wife have made the best decision you could ever have made. Welcome to the family! Truly my heart leaps for joy when I hear of another person committing their lives to Christ.

I don't know why you are the only believer in your family. Maybe God will use you to bring them to Christ. Keep sharing the truth and pray for them. Prayer is our most powerful weapon against Satan.

You hate when you sin because you have the Holy Spirit inside of you and one of His purposes is to convict you of sin. You can't repay Him, but by following Him in everything you do, you show Him your love for Him. You are already saved and good works are a result of your salvation. You aren't dissappointing Him! He loves you more than you could ever imagine. You are His child and He is preparing a place for you in heaven so you can be with Him forever. I am SO excited for you and your wife! There isn't anything better than having a relationship with Jesus Christ! May the Lord bless you.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
You are a child of God and you are feeling the wonderful love of God through Jesus. His love will guide you and teach you as you walk with Jesus. You now are indwelt with the Holy Spirit . How god's angels glory over you and rejoice!

Now you have a new nature in Christ. A new birth. Your new nature will overcome the sinful nature as you walk with Jesus. If you find that you are not perfect yet, God will not fall off his throne. He will love you and strength your new nature. The old nature will die in time and know this! You will be the victor of anything that old nature did. Love yourself as God loves you. He will be patient and loving to you as you learn to walk with him. How great a gift it is knowing God!

Get into the word of God. It is peace and love plus life will be sweeter and kinder with God's guidance. God bless you !

You have a burden for your loved ones. In time and with prayer they too can have what you are so blessed to have. You may have challenges in your life with Christ but he will sustain you and keep your burden light.. he will be with you forever.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM

380 posts, read 1,229,790 times
thank you guys so much. im excited as well. I feel bad for those who dont have the holy spirit.. like my family and I will pray for them and for others as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity