Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:39 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,912,470 times

Advertisements

Stay in the word, read your bible on a daily basis and quit coming on this forum as there is a lot of bad information that will confuse you further down the road, not all of it is bad, but you want to stay on a myopic focus of the Lord without outside influences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The false veneer of "precepts and doctrines of men" that dominates mainstream Christianity has clouded your understanding of God and kept you far from Him in fear. Fear is devastating on our mental state and corrupts any sensitivity we may have to God's loving presence. Love and fear are incompatible. Love casts out all fear. Stop focusing on what you have been told to believe and focus on the love of Christ for us ALL. Focus on "love of God and each other" without any concern about any negative consequences from this life. They will only be the result of any of your unloving (or oblivious) harmful thoughts, feeling and actions . . . not some horrendous punishment from a vengeful God. If you repent of them here . . . you won't have to deal with their effects after your death and rebirth as Spirit. Find a place to be quiet and focus on God . . . eliminate all thoughts and concerns and just BE. You will perceive His presence in a way that you will recognize . . . if you do not try to force whatever you've been indoctrinated to believe or expect onto the experience.

In Christ's love, Mystic
Excellent post Mystic. All the things fundamental christianity major on have veiled the mind of man from who God really is. The majoring on sin,death,hell,seperation from God and the end times have all kept man in fear of the god it believes in.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:43 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it just me, or this the only 'reasonable' position to take?<snip>
Some of the posts here are excellent, and I can't improve on them, so I'm just going to commiserate with you and assure you ... It's not just you.

Quote:
...yet a part of me is really frustrated it has to come down to faith and that it might all be for nothing in the end.
The thing that has kept me sane is realizing that it (Love, that is) is NOT all for nothing. There's nothing more worth focusing on in this life than love, imho, whether there's an afterlife or not.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The thing that has kept me sane is realizing that it (Love, that is) is NOT all for nothing. There's nothing more worth focusing on in this life than love, imho, whether there's an afterlife or not.

Wish I could rep you.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Wish I could rep you.
Ditto, many times over, including for your post in this thread.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,987,162 times
You know, the really sad thing to me is this (and I know because I've been there and been through the experience). What is sad is when people are wanting to come to the Lord for help and they have to wade through all the gazillions of false teachers who think they have the truth, but do not speak with grace or from a pure heart and they tell people all kinds of ridiculous things about God. And a person who is a babe in Christ is just tossed around in this sea of crazy people who call themselves Christians but who would not lift a finger to give them a drink of water -- in fact, many of them actually try to keep the seekers in bondage. It's really sad. If I had the power to show this to those who are seeking God - I'd use that power to set captives free. And to an extent, I do have that power as I am willing to take the time to tell people that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself - not counting our trespasses against us. And that God loves us WHILE WE ARE YET SINNERS. God's love is not dependent on ANYTHING we do or do not do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,661,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Stay in the word, read your bible on a daily basis and quit coming on this forum as there is a lot of bad information that will confuse you further down the road, not all of it is bad, but you want to stay on a myopic focus of the Lord without outside influences.
Amen.....

Old 06-30-2011, 11:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Trimac you are better off counting all that you ever learnt of christendom apart from the love and grace of God as dung, until you are assured deep within the depth of your being that the love and grace of God is continually towards you. I know many will despise me for saying this,but even if you turn your back on the grace of God, His grace will shine on your back, but who turns away from it when they know it ?.

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.Matt 5:45.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-30-2011 at 11:38 AM..

Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,987,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Some of the posts here are excellent, and I can't improve on them, so I'm just going to commiserate with you and assure you ... It's not just you.

For sure. Perhaps someone should write a new UR Christian book called "If Love is Real..." (which is akin to saying (If God is Real...)

Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 PM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
For sure. Perhaps someone should write a new UR Christian book called "If Love is Real..." (which is akin to saying (If God is Real...)
Yes!

Ponder and Meditate on and Study LOVE...
and you are, in reality,...

Pondering, Meditating on and Studying God.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity