U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:31 AM

672 posts, read 536,850 times

Advertisements

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !
I'm glad you don't think man's free will trumps God's power to do as he pleases...

We can see the mark of those who believe man's free will is the only thing God can't overcome.... They tell everyone else to go to hell!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM

30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I'm glad you don't think man's free will trumps God's power to do as he pleases...

We can see the mark of those who believe man's free will is the only thing God can't overcome.... They tell everyone else to go to hell!

In general it it does seem if you shout a lot about free will, you also shout a lot about hell, and sadly the voice of the LIFE that is the light to all men is not heard.

If man does have free will,we still have to humble ourselves and accept He's Lord over ALL,which includes being Lord over a man's free will.

John chapter 1 says Who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God, as far as i am concerned it was His will not mine .

Last edited by pcamps; 07-03-2011 at 11:45 AM..

Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,572,297 times
Quote:

... Good one. Never a dull moment around here.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 PM

This teaching of man's freewill in the matter of Salvation is not just of those who loudly proclaim it, but even to those in the reformed faiths, who in the final analysis, make faith and or repentance, the basis for a man's Justification before God. Even if it is supposedly God given Faith. Hence any that attribute any part of Justification in part or in whole to what man does is an Idolater and it does not matter who it is and what their credentials or reputation may be. Even though they may say the right things , like salvation by grace, election and new birth, yet they worship themselves, mans freewill ultimately is what determines if one is saved or lost, what man does or not do, it never fails. When all is said and done, freewill religionists makes man his own savior, and that is what I believe the text is saying, it is the exaltation of man. Freewill religion is a form of will worship as per Col 2:23

23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

This will worship is ethelothrēskia and it means:

voluntary, arbitrary worship

a) worship which one prescribes and devises for himself, contrary to the contents and nature of faith which ought to be directed to Christ

b) said of the misdirected zeal and the practice of ascetics

Its self made religion, not according to Faith and what has been revealed.

This is the religion of cain. Cain instead of by Faith making an offering to God that was accepted, he instead, did what he thought or believed to be acceptable to God. It was his own self made worship, and no doubt done in sincerity and his best the fruit of the ground could offer. This is exactly what the freewillers are doing today, rejecting the revelation of scripture of how Justification and Salvation is wrought by the lamb of God, and do that which is right in their own eyes. Prov 14:22

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There own self made religions, why you think its so many different suasions ?

Will worship is also the worship of ourselves. Did not The serpent tell Eve, that she could be as God !! Gen 3:5

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Ambition, to be as God. cp Isa 14:14

Yes, this is what fuels freewill religion ! The word God in Gen 3:5 is the same exact word as in Gen 1:1

Satan was telling eve she could be, what he himself desired to be, like the Most High !

Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Freewill ism, and Legalism and all other ism's is men worshiping themselves, having confidence in their flesh [ Jer 17:5;Phil 3:3], their ability, their decisions, their prudence or wisdom or good behaviour, their freewill. Folks if we have the least degree of confidence in ourselves in this matter of Justification before God, we are lost, and nothing but a Divine Supernatural Intervention of God's Grace can save us. The religion of the beast, no matter what denomination or religious organization will always without fail be manifested to the True Child of Grace, because it will always have a exalted view of man and resting Salvation or Justification before God on what man decides to do. 2 Thess 2:4

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. By insisting that Salvation depends on my will finally instead of God's will.

When a person thinks like that, that Justification and Salvation depends finally on them, what they do, then they usurp the prerogative of God, who alone made the decision within His Eternal Decree and for His own Glory, who is Saved.

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM

30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Freewill ism, and Legalism and all other ism's is men worshiping themselves, having confidence in their flesh [ Jer 17:5;Phil 3:3], their ability, their decisions, their prudence or wisdom or good behaviour, their freewill. Folks if we have the least degree of confidence in ourselves in this matter of Justification before God, we are lost, and nothing but a Divine Supernatural Intervention of God's Grace can save us. The religion of the beast, no matter what denomination or religious organization will always without fail be manifested to the True Child of Grace, because it will always have a exalted view of man and resting Salvation or Justification before God on what man decides to do. 2 Thess 2:4

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. By insisting that Salvation depends on my will finally instead of God's will.

When a person thinks like that, that Justification and Salvation depends finally on them, what they do, then they usurp the prerogative of God, who alone made the decision within His Eternal Decree and for His own Glory, who is Saved.

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
All other ism's includes the belief in Calvinism right ?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
All other ism's includes the belief in Calvinism right ?
And hellfire-ism... Using-your-freewill-to-choose-to-burn-forever-ism...

Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 AM

37,545 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Quote:
LOL . . . you do crack me up, Kat.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,572,297 times
Quote:
LOL. That is funny as_____ ,well.... I don't know, you fill in the blank________.

Heartsong, a type of organism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity