Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,920,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I can't help it that you maintain a insistence of incorrectly making wrong conclusions when the truth says otherwise.

All I can do is keep on quoting all of the scriptures in context in hopes that there will be some who will see that God does not forgive those who reject him.

Once damned, always damned. It is a lie to say that God can be pleased eventually.

You only have it part right, God doesn't forgive those who reject him because the mission is to bring all to him, if God was to forgive those who reject him that would be an act that would damn them.

He doesn't forgive them so that they are not overlooked and given up on.

It is actually that act of unforgivness that seals the assurance that all mankind will be saved as he promised they would.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 07-14-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you believe it, then you are the only ur on this board who does.
Oh Finn, your attempt at having facts is really weak.

Fact is you were wrong in your statement and you have been contradicted, deal with your error like a good Christian should.

oh wait.....

Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Do you have something to say about Luke 13?

Apparently not.
That doesn't change the deception I pointed out, but here you are attempting to do so.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 AM

77,003 posts, read 47,342,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Oh Finn, your attempt at having facts is really weak. Fact is you were wrong in your statement and you have been contradicted, deal with your error like a good Christian should.

oh wait.....
What statement? What contradiction?

"Oh wait" what?

Final comment. You are here only to argue, and have no wish to talk about the topic.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Final reply, since I know you will just copy & paste the same reply to everything.

Luke 13
======
Luke 13:23-28 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"
He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' 28"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Jesus specifically says that you must "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door" because " for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." So, straight out of mouth of Jesus Christ himself, NOT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO ENTER.

He says " 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' and it continues ""There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out."

It is plain to see that lines up with the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, where the rich man could see Abraham and Lazarus in the distance, but he had been cast out to the other side.

And in Matthew he says again "there are few who find it." Not many, but FEW. And definitely not ALL. These are the words of Jesus Christ.

You MUST enter through the narrow gate, "and there are few who find it".:

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is
the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go
in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way
which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
“For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Matthew 22:14

Again he repeats "“For many are called, but few are chosen.” .

Note the words "IF YOU ENTER" below. Either you enter or you don't.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and
will go in and out and find pasture. John 10:9

The Bible makes clear that salvation is available to ALL, but Jesus says that "many will not find the door", and "many will not be able to enter", and to those who choose to reject Him, he says 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!"

The Bible does not teach that all will be saved, and this is why universalism is a huge deception.

This is a passage detailing the reality of human nature, human nature wants it easy and wants the glory without the preparation.

I have found it interesting that Jesus didn't give the answer to the question "Will only a few be saved?" that many Christians give.

By the traditional Christian answer of "NO" we can actually understand that when Jesus was asked this question many had died on earth prior to Him being asked this question. With all the detail of damnation that Christians say Jesus spoke of Jesus never referred to the past saying it was too late for them. Not once. Jesus answered the question with the truth. The truth is that our journey is not an easy one and we can take different paths to the same end, some of those paths are treacherous and cause suffering, some do not, it is that simple really.

The most interesting thing is that Jesus shows us that the people being told to depart from him are believers. The deception is that believers think it couldn't possibly be them that hear this.

Once you believe that Jesus is going to exclude someone, you cannot demonstrate that it will not be you based upon the scriptural text, the only way a believer can demonstrate their own assurance is to understand that EVERYONE is included and no one will be lost forrever.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,392,397 times
Question "your final response" ?

Quote:

"Oh wait" what?
Finn, you said that I'm the only UR on this board that believes the Bible is the word of God. That is the statement to which Phazelwood is referring.

I doubt that you can provide evidence that there is even one UR on this board who doesn't believe that the Bible is the word of God.

BTW Finn, what is your definition of "this is my final response" that you posted? What is it that you think you are doing now instead of responding?

Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

"Oh wait" what?

Final comment. You are here only to argue, and have no wish to talk about the topic.
You are then hear to repeat a lie when you have been shown the truth.

The truth is that you claimed all URs do not believe the bible to be the word of God, you ignore this because you are a wolf in sheeps clothing only here to damage the image of Christians.

You said final reply before, is this really it this time?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:10 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,412,407 times
An exhaustive study on Hell

Teachings of Hell

Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Finn, you said that I'm the only UR on this board that believes the Bible is the word of God. That is the statement to which Phazelwood is referring.

I doubt that you can provide evidence that there is even one UR on this board who doesn't believe that the Bible is the word of God.

BTW Finn, what is your definition of "this is my final response" that you posted? What is it that you think you are doing now instead of responding?
Final response means I have nothing else to say in response to her bickering. If she wants to discuss something, that is one thing, but if she just wants to bicker over nothing then I have nothing more to say.

Search the forum with key words "word of God" and you will find many threads where we have talked about whether or not the Bible is God's word" and you can read for yourself the replies from your fellow URs, including Phazelwood.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
This is a passage detailing the reality of human nature, human nature wants it easy and wants the glory without the preparation.

I have found it interesting that Jesus didn't give the answer to the question "Will only a few be saved?" that many Christians give.

By the traditional Christian answer of "NO" we can actually understand that when Jesus was asked this question many had died on earth prior to Him being asked this question. With all the detail of damnation that Christians say Jesus spoke of Jesus never referred to the past saying it was too late for them. Not once. Jesus answered the question with the truth. The truth is that our journey is not an easy one and we can take different paths to the same end, some of those paths are treacherous and cause suffering, some do not, it is that simple really.

The most interesting thing is that Jesus shows us that the people being told to depart from him are believers. The deception is that believers think it couldn't possibly be them that hear this.

Once you believe that Jesus is going to exclude someone, you cannot demonstrate that it will not be you based upon the scriptural text, the only way a believer can demonstrate their own assurance is to understand that EVERYONE is included and no one will be lost forrever.
I see you are now willing to discuss the topic. Good.

It is quite clear the evild people were left outside (Jesus spells it out) where there is weeping and gnasing of teeth. It has nothing to do with people who had already died, as the Bible teached that Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness, and even Luke 13 mentions Abraham on the good side, while the evil ones were thrown out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity