U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
 
Location: RI
19,470 posts, read 9,598,401 times
Reputation: 1359

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
And on top of that He called Phazelwood a "her". So childish. (oops please accept apologies if you are a girl Phaze, but I'm pretty sure you are a guy ).
Maybe Finn was speaking to Phaze's feminine side

 
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,916 posts, read 13,096,603 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
LOL, first of all being obsessed with matters of scripture is not inherantly a bad thing, I guess if you only talk about salvation then there is a problem because you can't stop talking about it.

So now that we can see the humor in that.

What do you believe in very basic terms happens to someone when they are judged in Hebrews 9:27

If you believe it is all for the ultimate good of the one being judged, then really we are not at odds about what we believe.
Are you telling me you are not familiar with the Christian beliefs of the judgment of the wicked????

It is discussed on the board on EVERY SINGLE THEAD, and you are standing there and claim you have no idea?

I am not answering because it is so obvious you only want to divert the discussion into yet another discussion about hell, and I am not interested. Yes, the Bible clearly states that the unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars aka those who died in unbelief will be judged to eternal torment. And no, I am not interested in hearing what you have been told about how to spin the Greek translation of word 'eternal'. Not every thread has to be the same conversation that rages on on EVERY thread at this board.

It is what it is, and the fact that you and ALL URs simply cannot ever stop talking about it proved beyond any doubt that they are not sure what their fate will be. They are look to each other for confirmation that there is no punishment, but if I were you I'd look to Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,916 posts, read 13,096,603 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
HAHA you called Phazelwood a "her"!
And now you are back to saying there is hope beyond judgment? What gives? Its like you are afraid to really confront what you believe and instea complain about people "putting words in your mouth". Sorry, but I really didn't know if you were a "he" or a "she". Now I know. I did think it was pretty funny the other day when you called Rodger a "she" (and others like Phazelwood above)... LOL apparently its not pretty childish when you call other people "she"?... You are too funny Finn. And yes your behavior has been quite trollish here lately. Have a good day...
No, that is another lie. I did not call Roger a "she", and I have never deliberatly called anyone "she" unless I was convinced I was referring to a woman.

Adios.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,523,052 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you telling me you are not familiar with the Christian beliefs of the judgment of the wicked????

It is discussed on the board on EVERY SINGLE THEAD, and you are standing there and claim you have no idea?

I am not answering because it is so obvious you only want to divert the discussion into yet another discussion about hell, and I am not interested. Yes, the Bible clearly states that the unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars aka those who died in unbelief will be judged to eternal torment. And no, I am not interested in hearing what you have been told about how to spin the Greek translation of word 'eternal'. Not every thread has to be the same conversation that rages on on EVERY thread at this board.

It is what it is, and the fact that you and ALL URs simply cannot ever stop talking about it proved beyond any doubt that they are not sure what their fate will be. They are look to each other for confirmation that there is no punishment, but if I were you I'd look to Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you.

Actually it is posts such as your here that is the biggest problem with what you are complaining about.


God promises to save all mankind, I see no use of the word hell when I discuss those matters, I have started many threads that are about edification and salvation and other things and while you are not obligated to post in any of tghem, the times you have are only to argue that isn;t true.

Well, if God isn;t going to save all mankind then you can whine and moan about people talking about Hell, punishment and judgment, but the mere fact that you argue against a belief that God will save all mankind IS INDEED talking about it whether you actually use the words you whine about people using.


So indeed, I believe God has the power that through Jesus Christ will save all mankind. If you do not believe that then it will be YOU who is bring up and creating the scenario to talk about exactly the thing you complain others are obsessed with.


The judgment of the wicked is a somber truth in scripture, but hope is never lost, tghere is always hope that a person will see the light respond to the light and be dragged from the clutches of evil.

Don't like that belief, then don't respond to it, because you WILL be asked what you believe happens otherwise.

For crying out loud, you create the very problem you complain about.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,916 posts, read 13,096,603 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
For crying out loud, you create the very problem you complain about.
LOL. You spend 10 posts practically begging on your knees that we talk about hell, only so you can make that comment. Sigh.....
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,523,052 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL. You spend 10 posts practically begging on your knees that we talk about hell, only so you can make that comment. Sigh.....


You make more posts than that trying to avoid the reality of your belief system.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,523,052 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL. You spend 10 posts practically begging on your knees that we talk about hell, only so you can make that comment. Sigh.....

All are saved through Jesus Christ because that is Gods promise and he will not fail.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 6,387,112 times
Reputation: 58122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

Don't like that belief, then don't respond to it, because you WILL be asked what you believe happens otherwise.

For crying out loud, you create the very problem you complain about.

Heard that, and man is this ever so true.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,916 posts, read 13,096,603 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Don't like that belief, then don't respond to it, because you WILL be asked what you believe happens otherwise.For crying out loud, you create the very problem you complain about.
So, it is my fault that you ask the same question every day? Okey dokey. It's like asking if the sun comes up in the mornings. You know the answer, but you WILL ask again.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,523,052 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, it is my fault that you ask the same question every day? Okey dokey. It's like asking if the sun comes up in the mornings. You know the answer, but you WILL ask again.

Well, if you know the answer then you should stay out of any and all conversations since you may be asked and you may have to respond in opposition to something therefore creating the scenario you complain about.

Yep, your fault, if you believe that all conversations will end up the same way, don't enter into them or you are guilty of asking if the sun will come up just the same.


You just hope to avoid the realities of you belief system and don't like it when people present the possibility that what you assume is a truth is not actually that at all.

Oh the audacity of people talking and conversing and discussing what they believe to be the truth, oh my, such terrible burden it must be for you.

Let's all have a pity party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top