U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,574,346 times
Quote:
Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
God's dire is that non should perish, but all come to repentance. There is a condition - something we have to do.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 KJV

Sadly most don't do it and are on the broad road to destruction.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

So the only one failing here are the humans that don't come to repentance.

Blaspheming the Christ God Jesus as a failure shows your on the broad road to hell. Repent of your blasphemy or perish! Don't be a failure.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,762,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, that is another lie. I did not call Roger a "she", and I have never deliberatly called anyone "she" unless I was convinced I was referring to a woman.

Adios.
OK that is good to know. Correct me if I'm wrong but Phazelwood is not a "she". I went to look where you called Rodger a "she", and I couldn't find it, so I may have been mistaken on that.

Regardless this is all just distraction. Phaze summed up the rest well enough. God desires all men to be saved, and God does all that He pleases. If you raise or discuss a topic, you shouldn't complain when people respond.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:59 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,307,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
God's dire is that non should perish, but all come to repentance. There is a condition - something we have to do.
That is a strawman to my belief, it is fine that you point this out, but don;t take the position that I am blasphemous until you have had a conversation that has allowed you to be informed of a persons belief, that way you do not look foolish when you post in ignorance.

Mankind absolutely has a responsibility and that is why we all reap what we sow.

Quote:
Sadly most don't do it and are on the broad road to destruction.
Indeed, and it might be you that is on a broad road to destruction because you are deceived about something.

We all can take paths of destruction, Proverbs 16:9 a man devises a way in his heart, but God directs his steps.

God does not direct someones steps to eternal doom.

Quote:

So the only one failing here are the humans that don't come to repentance.
Indeed, that is why God never gives up and Christ will not fail.

Quote:

Blaspheming the Christ God Jesus as a failure shows your on the broad road to hell. Repent of your blasphemy or perish! Don't be a failure.

As I said, posting in Ignorance makes one look foolish, you cannot correctly argue that I blasheme Christ as a failure when I explicitly say he will not fail.

Reboot and try again.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:25 PM

34,447 posts, read 11,754,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
OK that is good to know. Correct me if I'm wrong but Phazelwood is not a "she". I went to look where you called Rodger a "she", and I couldn't find it, so I may have been mistaken on that.
Yes, I know you were wrong.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, if you know the answer then you should stay out of any and all conversations since you may be asked and you may have to respond in opposition to something therefore creating the scenario you complain about.
Yep, your fault, if you believe that all conversations will end up the same way, don't enter into them or you are guilty of asking if the sun will come up just the same.
You just hope to avoid the realities of you belief system and don't like it when people present the possibility that what you assume is a truth is not actually that at all.
Oh the audacity of people talking and conversing and discussing what they believe to be the truth, oh my, such terrible burden it must be for you. Let's all have a pity party.
You know.... I don't even know what you are talking about. You are complaining about something and telling me to stay out, and then I just see a lot of you, you, you, you....

Have a nice evening.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,247,982 times
Quote:
Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Trick question!

Christ has already succeeded. The rest is up to us.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Trick question!

Exactly.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,574,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is a strawman to my belief, it is fine that you point this out, but don;t take the position that I am blasphemous until you have had a conversation that has allowed you to be informed of a persons belief, that way you do not look foolish when you post in ignorance.

Mankind absolutely has a responsibility and that is why we all reap what we sow.

Indeed, and it might be you that is on a broad road to destruction because you are deceived about something.

We all can take paths of destruction, Proverbs 16:9 a man devises a way in his heart, but God directs his steps.

God does not direct someones steps to eternal doom.

Indeed, that is why God never gives up and Christ will not fail.

As I said, posting in Ignorance makes one look foolish, you cannot correctly argue that I blasheme Christ as a failure when I explicitly say he will not fail.

Reboot and try again.
Sadly not all come to repentance. Many will be in hell. It's a disturbing reality and is scriptural.

For all reading, take the "whole council of God." Isolating scripture here and their and proclaiming it as doctrine is dangerous. Do not be a false teacher? Read the whole council of God and discern for yourself.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:50 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,307,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Sadly not all come to repentance. Many will be in hell. It's a disturbing reality and is scriptural.

For all reading, take the "whole council of God." Isolating scripture here and their and proclaiming it as doctrine is dangerous. Do not be a false teacher? Read the whole council of God and discern for yourself.

Wow, where is finn complaining about someone talking about .....

Any way, what is sad is that you have to rely on baseless accusations to make a point.

Where can you demonstrate that I do not take thw whole council of God into account simply because I have a differing belief than you do?

What demonstrates that I isolate scripture? We do not have the capacity or time in an internet forum format to engage in an exhaustive scriptural display that would explain each and every verse in scripture.

The fact remains is that I believe every single scripture in the bible is the whole counsel of God that adds up to the conclusions of what I believe has been revealed to me and Jesus has met me on my level of perpsective.

Now you can disagree with my conclusions and you have every right to challenge them and please do so, but please do so with scriptural points not meaningless accusations that are not in any way factual and engaging with me in a meaningful dialog will prove that you are in error in that judgement of me.

So please, if you have a scriptural point to make, make it, but your personal accusations of how I approach scripture are wrong,. you have been informed of your error so please hold yourself to your own belief system and do not repeat the error again, repent from those wicked ways of misrepresenting my beliefs.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:52 PM

18,950 posts, read 8,818,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
As i see it,both ways means "there's nothing you can do to be saved", then the next thing that comes out your mouth is "here's what you must do to be saved".
Finn see below for confirmation of the both ways gospel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Trick question!

Mrs pcamps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.