Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people resist the calling/drawing of Christ for years, and even until their deaths, but once you accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour, those fears are wiped away in an instant. Hallelujah
Finn it's all the baggage through our preconceived ideas of God,instilled in the believer and unbeliever alike through fear, which is the stumbling block to accepting the life of Jesus is who God really is.

If you are honest the only reason you believe in ET is because of fear.

What we are threatening others with(ET)is only what we are fearing ourselves.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Post Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God wills/desires that we seek, call, turn to, ask, open etc God to save us.
That's not what it says.
That's your interpretation of what it means.
It actually says that God will have all mankind to be saved.

But have it your way.

God will have (desires if you like) all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.

And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)
Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of His desire or pleasure” if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure (the saving of all mankind is part of all of God's pleasure)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you know God became a man and dwelt amongst us ?.And as a man He asked questions and was asked questions too.
Are you saying you are GOD?
I don't recall where GOD opened belief up for questions and if he did, will other men have the answers?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
So you agree that God IS loving towards those that reject him,but you believe after a man dies His love fails/ends towards them.

And so there remain Faith, Hope, Love--these three; and of these the greatest is Love(i don't see anything you subscibe to in these 3)
Twin God is love,it IS the greatest,loving our neighbor as ourselves is the fulfillment of God's desire for our lives, because this is who He is and all that He is,made known to us through His Son Jesus Christ.

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being .Heb 1:3

Take your eyes off what your carnal understanding of him is telling you He is,due to a veiled understanding of OT scriptures,and set your eyes upon the Life that is the light to all men and who is the exact representation of who God really is.

If we want to know what God is really like,we look to the life of His Son.
Amen!! We look to the "mind of Christ" to know the mind of God . . . NOT the primitive superstitions and beliefs of our ignorant ancient ancestors.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Exclamation Not even physical death can hinder God's salvation

To me it is absurd for "free-willers" to think that Lydia, Saul of Tarsus, and Nebuchadnezzar could have refused to cooperate with God!

I think it is an empty gesture to go through the motions of “giving all the glory to God,” while at the same time believing, and insistently declaring that good decisions are things which ultimately owe their existence to one’s own self. That kind of thinking results in the "I'm ok, too bad for you Jack" syndrome that so many "free-willers" manifest to those to whom God has not yet made Jesus "choice" in their heart.

The same grace that laid hold on Lydia, Saul, and Neb, will sooner or later lay hold on everyone. Not even physical death will be a hindrance to God achieveing His will and His desire that all mankind be saved.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:10 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Finn it's all the baggage through our preconceived ideas of God,instilled in the believer and unbeliever alike through fear, which is the stumbling block to accepting the life of Jesus is who God really is.If you are honest the only reason you believe in ET is because of fear.What we are threatening others with(ET)is only what we are fearing ourselves.
No not at all. The Lord took away my fears. Praise the Lord. Of course before you believe, you really would not be afraid of something you never believed even existed.

If you tell someone that they are one day going to die, does that mean you are threatning them with death? No, you are simply telling them about facts of life.

As I have told you many times before, my thoughts do not revolve around ET, they revolve around Christ. The only reason why we have these endless ET discussions is because URs can't stop talking about it.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
That's not what it says.
That's your interpretation of what it means.
It actually says that God will have all mankind to be saved.
Of course it is. Read Isaish 55, which says God will accomplish His desire. It explains his desire if for people to SEEK HIM, and CALL HIM, and TURN TO HIM. Of course you people decide to pick one verse from NT and marry it to another cherry picked verse from the OT to form the cornerstone of a brand new religion. It does not work that way.

Let me repost this from yesterday:

Quote:
It has been explained some 10-20 times on this thread that Jesus never had such mission, so it is indeed a red herring argument. It is impossible to fail in a mission you were never assigned to.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

An honest question would be to ask if Jesus will fail in His mission to save those who believe in Him, and the answer to that question would be NO, HE WILL NOT FAIL IN HIS MISSION.

Even Isaish 55, which URs always use when trying to prove their point (by cherry picking one verse out of context), speaks about God's desire being to offer us a free gift, but we must come, seek, call and turn to Him in order to get it. It says nothing about forcing all people to accept the gift.

It is an INVITATION. God invites us to come, seek, call and turn to Him so He can offer us a free gift. God's desire if to INVITE us to free dinner. Read also the parable of the wedding, where the owner of the house INVITES everyone, but only a few came. Also, Jesus said only a few will choose the narrow gate, and that we must strive to enter through it. Everything in the Bible is in sync.

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow some down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
To me it is absurd for "free-willers" to think that Lydia, Saul of Tarsus, and Nebuchadnezzar could have refused to cooperate with God!

I think it is an empty gesture to go through the motions of “giving all the glory to God,” while at the same time believing, and insistently declaring that good decisions are things which ultimately owe their existence to one’s own self. That kind of thinking results in the "I'm ok, too bad for you Jack" syndrome that so many "free-willers" manifest to those to whom God has not yet made Jesus "choice" in their heart.

The same grace that laid hold on Lydia, Saul, and Neb, will sooner or later lay hold on everyone. Not even physical death will be a hindrance to God achieveing His will and His desire that all mankind be saved.
Yes Roger it is more than absurd, especially when Paul spells it out so clearly in so many different places in the new testament, such as ...

"So then it depends NOT on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy." < ----- Christ and Pauls Gospel

But the fact is most Christians who deny the truth of Pauls Gospel simply dont want to believe it so they twist it and teach the opposite of what Paul taught, they teach a different gospel that says ...

"So then it DOES depend on human will and exertion, and also on God, who may have mercy if we will and exert enough effort." < ----- The false gospel of traditional fundamentalist Christianity

But we all know that those who teach false gospels will eventually have the "hell" burned out of them along with their pride, its just a mater of time ... Dont lose spirit!

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-18-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Are you saying you are GOD?
I don't recall where GOD opened belief up for questions and if he did, will other men have the answers?

If you don't ask questions how do you ever learn anything ?. Do you accept and believe everything you see and hear without question ?,if you do you are in the same hole many of us fell in.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
But we all know that those who teach false gospels will eventually have the "hell" burned out of them along with their pride, its just a matter of time ... Dont lose spirit!
Amen, Iron . . . love is long-suffering and patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity